Learn to drift by this video ,FR-S.

At 0:56, the car hold the 'understeer' during a low angle drift in a non-high powered car. As Zorrols said, at this point GT6 would suddenly snap or the back would have glided past the nose already.

At 0:56, the car hold the 'understeer' during a low angle drift in a non-high powered car. As Zorrols said, at this point GT6 would suddenly snap or the back would have glided past the nose already.
YES!And I think the problem is all about comfort tyres in GT6, because GT6's suspension is great just like real world .

and my ID is Zorro Is Here LOL...:cheers:

Soon mr. World Champion is gonna come in here and tell us that Gushi is not drifting like you should in real life or something like that.

gt5's tyre & gt6's suspension look like realistic drifting...
you can notice that this guy countersteering smooth just like we play in GT5

Drifting with a wheel in GT6 is impossible compared to other sims. Attempting to replicate what he's doing in this video will just result in massive snap oversteer and ridiculous fish tailing. It's a complete joke. I can drift just fine in GT5. I wasn't perfect though but now in GT6 I can't even drift a simple corner. So frustrating

Drifting with a wheel in GT6 is impossible compared to other sims. Attempting to replicate what he's doing in this video will just result in massive snap oversteer and ridiculous fish tailing. It's a complete joke. I can drift just fine in GT5. I wasn't perfect though but now in GT6 I can't even drift a simple corner. So frustrating

Most people that I know who drift wheel and got the game in December are starting to get confident in tandem now, it just takes time to get used to the new physics. We were all frustrated at first, even DS3 users.

Most people that I know who drift wheel and got the game in December are starting to get confident in tandem now, it just takes time to get used to the new physics. We were all frustrated at first, even DS3 users.
We can get used to the new physics one day, even depend on L.S.D settings, but it is still not real...difficult isn't real ...

We can get used to it...until the next "update" and complete change in physics with no info on what they changed. I'm pretty over it by now. Trying to learn new wheel and constant unpredictable handling has got me to the point of just playing to keep my bonus money going.

The part @ 3.18 though if you close your eyes is EXACTLY like GT6.

Last edited:
Me too .Now I am enjoying my drifting in GT5 !

Thought I was the only one who went back to GT5! Recently got a G25 (had a DFPro) and blind tuned a Z4 (new from dealership) and could dance circles around Tsukuba, Suzuka East, and Autumn Ring.

I'll enjoy my GT5 - even after servers are shut down.

Thought I was the only one who went back to GT5! Recently got a G25 (had a DFPro) and blind tuned a Z4 (new from dealership) and could dance circles around Tsukuba, Suzuka East, and Autumn Ring.

I'll enjoy my GT5 - even after servers are shut down.
Tonight I'll try CH front CM rear,if it dosen't work ,i swear i will not drift in GT6 again ,until bringing us a big UPDATE .

*edit* after a few hours last night started getting used to it, was being over dramatic, it isn't that bad lol

Last edited:
You guys are quitters.

That's all I'm gonna say, do what you want.
What's the point in learning how to drift on the current physics when something is going to change in the next patch anyway?
Physics have been changed in the last few patches, and I don't think PD is done yet.

Slightly OT, but I don't tune yet either until PD has fixed the biggest issues and are done changing things.
Reversed settings, and settings that doesn't work as they should? I mean come on, PD!

Drifting in gt6 is defiantly not difficult. When I first started I was so mad with gt6 I was going to go back to gt5. But after a few weeks practice and a good setup off my team mate, I'm enjoying drifting a lot more in gt6 than I ever did in gt5. I am picking up drifting a lot quicker in gt6 than I did in gt5, maybe because gt5 taught me the basics on the wheel. IMO gt6 is a lot more realistic.

It seems as if the comfort tyres in GT6 have the snap grip loss/gain of semi/full slick tyres. The way the front end likes to catch is just insane and a real fustration. Yes I can drift, nearly to the level I was on GT5, but it's not enjoyable! Will be drifting propperly tonight so will see if I can get anything good going.

I wish you could use the e-brake like in this video. Look at how long he pulls it, and how it affects his angle. On GT6 it is way too sensitive IMO.

I wish you could use the e-brake like in this video. Look at how long he pulls it, and how it affects his angle. On GT6 it is way too sensitive IMO.
That's all about the handbrake pressure. We can't tune it on GT6 :indiff:

It seems as if the comfort tyres in GT6 have the snap grip loss/gain of semi/full slick tyres. The way the front end likes to catch is just insane and a real fustration. Yes I can drift, nearly to the level I was on GT5, but it's not enjoyable! Will be drifting propperly tonight so will see if I can get anything good going.
I agree!
I can drift but not enjoy it in GT6.
It's a wrong way to get a heavy tuned car to make drifting controlable..

Look at the track he's on. Put him on a more technical track and I bet everything speeds up. Taniguchi is probably the only driver I've seen who drives slo-mo all the time.

Tune your foot Zorro.

Look at the track he's on. Put him on a more technical track and I bet everything speeds up. Taniguchi is probably the only driver I've seen who drives slo-mo all the time.

Tune your foot Zorro.
I am wondering that can he drift a stock FR-S in GT6 just like what he did this video??:D

I use a G27 and I already have a handbrake (out of a real car) wired to my O button, but it's still just way too sensitive.
That's why.

Yeah but GT6 doesn't recognises it as an analogic handbrake. I got mine with the DS3 joystick aswell.
You sure? I can drive with the ebrake on, accelerating at a slower rate of course. I ebrake without locking all the time.

Lol the updates don't change much at all as for using the wheel just keep at it it gets easier Snap back is a problem with throttle control and not quick enough steering.

If its not enjoyable you might as well go back to the other sims because gt6 aint gonna change much any time soon

@GODfreyGT5 time to update from that dfp bro g25 and 27's are 10 times better.

@GODfreyGT5 time to update from that dfp bro g25 and 27's are 10 times better.
I use a DFGT and I love it, I agree the dfp's are a mess. I have tried G25 and G27's in diferent situations and am personally not a fan of them.

I found the most recent update to have quite a big effect! Drifting now doesn't need such eratic adjustments mid-corner which seemed completely rediculous before. But I'm still finding some inconsistency stopping me from going all out and enjoying it. Still no gone back for a GT5 sesh yet, I want to though!

Yeah but GT6 doesn't recognises it as an analogic handbrake. I got mine with the DS3 joystick aswell.

False. It does actually. I use this very same method on my setup, it works just fine. You need to control how far you pull back.

Back