Least Favorite Tracks and Cars

• Thread starter xEquinox
  • 65 comments
Project Cars is out worldwide and we've all had enough time to have our fair amount of fun with the game, but I want to hear about those moments that made you want to throw your controller or steering wheel out of the damn window. What cars and tracks have given you the most grief so far?

I haven't really found any cars I truly just can't stand, but two tracks have given me serious problems so far, Oulton Park Fosters, and Sakitto (not sure of the variant, National I believe). I don't what it is about those two, but I can't put down a solid time to save my damn life. I always managed to find the gravel on Oulton and I remember one particular qualifying session where I managed to only put in one clean lap in 15 minutes.

Sakitto is a really interesting track for me. It's actually a really technical track that's just tripping me up a bit. I can see myself actually enjoying it at some point, but right now trying to get a car around that first bend with some speed then gassing it all the way through until you hit a blind downhill S curve that you need to break through to make the corner and not smash or spin into the wall is a horrifying and rage inducing experience. Not to mention the slow curves that can be hell to race the AI through because it turns into bumper cars on the entry and exit. I'm avoiding that track like the plague from now on.

What about you guys?

The Glencarin go cart track for sure. Man I hated driving on that thing, with all the turns and elevation changes in such a short distance it made me nauseous just doing a couple of short races on it. I would rather that track not be included in any of the career events. It really makes the beginning of the kart career a bad experience.

Haven't found a car that I didn't like so far. I am not fond of FWD but they did do a good job with them in game making them actually feel like FWD. Some games the only difference you notice with FWD is that they have more traction but in PCars you can really feel the torque in the front.

Have not played all tracks and cars yet as I play online and just play whatever options available so my views may change in future...

Brno - Always hated this track, can get round pretty fast but I just hate too many long sweeping corners.

Cars on the other hand... 125 kart - horrible

When I first got in a 250 kart and the Clio my first laps it was "urrrgh wtf", but by the end of the races it was "omg these are AWESOME!" :bowdown:

I agree with dislike of Glencairn.

I find Oulton Park a bit on the narrow side compared with some tracks.

Not a big fan of Silverstone and I don't like Zolder because of all the slow chikanes. They only encourage a lot of people online to cut corners (without penalty).

And yeah the Lykan feels like a refrigerator on wheels.

Don't even dislike it but Cadwell Park seems like an odd edition to the game.

Feels like a track designed more for Bikes

Yes I know you do get Car racing there in real life but still feels like a track designed more for Bike Racing.

Yep Glencairn is awful, more to be endured than enjoyed in my opinion. Also not fond of the McLaren F1, my next career race is the 3 hours at Zolder & not looking forward to it. Other than that, I'm absolutely loving this title, I tried my best not to let myself get too hyped for this which was nearly impossible, but PCars still managed to leave me pleasantly surprised and I believe it will get better as patches and DLC come out.

I do struggle with Glencairn sometimes but I hate the chicanes at Chesterfield. I struggle to get round them cleanly.

Last edited:
Probably either Glencarin with Karts or the California Highway with any road car (or the GT40. I need to test out more cars); you constantly spin out.

On topic: Glencairn. By a million landmiles.
Second that, feels like a kart track designed by Tilke.

Regarding cars, the good things is that the tuning options are so extensive that you can turn any beast into a beauty.

Cant understand the dislike for Oulton Park...one of my fave ever tracks and a great memory from TOCA.

I didnt like the Lykan or shifter karts and ive never been that keen on silverstone - too flat,no elevation. Even though i just had a great race there today so its finally growing on me hehe.

Glencairn kart track so far is my least favourite. Would probably never drive it by choice. Haven't driven Brno in this game but didn't like it in another game I tried. I know it isn't really this way, but it seems like an endless series of 90 degree bends and it looks like some old AFX slot car tracks I used to layout. Was never a big fan of Silverstone, one of the most boring tracks in modern motorsport IMO. I've only driven a handful of cars so far and they were all good out of the box except for the Mitsubishi, but with a little tuning it grew on me. Sounds good too, which helps.

I didn't mind Brno to much. Had some fun kicking the tail out on the RUF RGT 8 there my first time out on it and was running the karts on it today. A little long for a kart track but nice and smooth, easy to drive karts on it so long as you avoid the edges.

I've never been a fan of Silverstone either. I can drive it ok but never really cared for it much.

I don't like Cadwell Park, Hockenheim and everything Kart related :irked:

The Lotus 72D is BY FAR the least pleasant car to drive, wants to kill you at even the slightest steering input. The Focus and the Evo are also not my Cup of Tea.

The karts aren't realistic, as a result I don't like them.
I dislike Watkins Glen, it's too bumpy. Some corners are good such as the chicane near the start, but there are also too many hairpins of similar kind.

Back