Least Favorite Tracks and Cars

• Thread starter xEquinox
  • 65 comments
Karts. Although I may have a proper go at tuning them because my career is on hold due to AI/rain thing.

I do like that the game rewards me for correct tuning adjustments and proper driving lines. Had a eureka moment tuning the Caterham 7 at Donington (Invitational event). The best I could do was P13 in qualifying after some tuning. AI's best lap was 1:31:xxx. Suddenly I realized what was happening and stiffened front springs and decreased rear toe. Finished 6th in the race. Fastest lap belonged to me... 1:31:xxx. Of course, I wish I realized the necessary adjustment during qualifying. :ouch:

Catalunya. I was wondering how I had lost pole position online to somebody who was obviously nowhere near as good as me. Then I saw how he was making all the time, flat out through the final chicane totally off the road without punishment. Besides the bugs in the game I've never really been a fan of the layout on car games (it works a lot better with bikes).

For me, my least favorite car to drive is also my my favorite to look at: BMW M3 GT. Lord is that thing lacking pace compared to the other GT3 cars. From the testing I've done at Laguna Seca and Watkins Glen GP it is AT BEST 1 sec a lap slower than its stable mate, the BMW Z4 GT3. From what I can gather, it loses this pace in sectors 2 and 3, which are heavy on downforce. I realize it would be unrealistic for SMS to give it more downforce but I'd like to see them make up some of this pace on horsepower by adding between 9 and 19 horsepower, whichever SMS deams proper. Personally ideally I'd like it to have a total 490 to 495 hp.

I HATE any made up tracks and Go-Carts. Any real life circuit I may not get on very well with but then that becomes my problem and I just need to get over it.

The most difficult car I found in the game so far is the 67 Ford MK IV on rubbish tyres and then......... the game makes it rain on me :-( This is just not fun and proves SMS have an evil streak in them ;-)

Back