Legend of the Streets: Sunset's Symphony

United States
Tennessee
Wynter92
Legend of the Streets: Tale of the Touge, Vol. 1: Ignition

8889961916_93c331b908_n.jpg

Based on the events of [url=https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/legend-of-the-streets-touge-racing.329239/]Legend of the Streets[/URL]

Table of Contents
Act III-IV
Act V
Vol. II.
Act I
Act II
Act III
Act IV
Vol. III.
Act I
Act II
Act I, Possibilities: A Race Life
June 4, 2011
Hakura Reststop, off C1 Exit
10:37 A.M

My name is Wynter F. I work as server here but also a reporter of sorts on the local racing scene. I am bored as hell being cooped up in this place but that would change in an instant. I hear the door open and see a man of similar age approach me. “Can I have a coffee?’’ he said. Sure I responded. I headed off to prepare his coffee and started to think to myself. Why come all the way to me when closer servers are around”? I returned to him with his coffee. “Thanks he said as he handed me 2 dollars. “Wait” he said in a higher tone, “coffee is not the real reason I came here.” I turned around with a puzzled look. “That blue rx-8 yours?”, he asked. “Yes” I answered in a mildly muffled voice, “about it?” Nothin…just curious”, he replied with a slight chuckle, “I recognize it, been seeing it around the passes a lot recently. Wanted to know who was behind the wheel. I looked at him attentively with suspicion. “Okay…to the point” he said after seeing my face expression, “Have you heard of a racer called “Azure Flush?”
“Can’t say I have.”
“He drives a purplish-blue sw20. Rumor has it he’s gathering all the talent of the pass for a competition.”
“What does this have to do with me?”
“I’ve see you drive around the pass and kid…you got talent.”
“I’m just a normal driver. I haven’t been in a legit race in months.”
“Jus’sayin. You being around might just shake things a bit.
“You”
“Huh”
“I saw you drive in with that yellow Evo IV; I can tell it’s not just for show.”
“Got me. But I usually let it loose on the Wangan rather than the quiet mountain passes.”
“Not so sure about that, something tells me you attack corners well”
“I’ll take that you’re intrigued. Be at Mt. Sekigahara at 10pm. Be seein ya”
He picks up his coffee and walks outside, keys jingling all the while.
“Sekigahara?” I said to myself. That place is a barren back road. I know I know better than to meet a mysterious stranger at night in the middle of nowhere. But…something inside of me is telling me to go. Suddenly, I heard a loud roar. I looked out the window and saw the Evo rush by. It became a yellow flash as soon as it hit the Wangan from the exit ramp, its 4g63 claiming dominance over the streets with its thunderous revving. I turned around, rubbed my head and looked toward the ceiling. “Now I gotta go.”

Sekigahara
9:44PM

I drove to the entrance of the abandoned road. The wind was howling and fog engulfed the area; indeed an eerie atmosphere. There was a gate that led to the main course. Rusted it was and tightly shut. I got out of the car to see if I could open it, but suddenly I was blinded by a pair of headlamps from the other side. I heard the car move closer, slowly crunching the gravel beneath it. Holding my hands across my face to protect my eyes from the intense light, I could not see the driver. That is until the car halted. I heard a door pop open, then approaching footsteps. “What business do you have here?” said a man with a rough masculine voice. “I was told to come here” I weakly replied, “a racer’s proposition.” The man stood before me yet could not make him out because the car’s headlights silhouetted his features. The gate slowly opened. “Move on, meet at the summit.” He said with stealth and haste. I got back into my car and drove onward. As I drove by the man, I became shocked. Though the man was still veiled by the light and darkness, his car was all too visible. A dark blue sw20. Could this be the one they called “Azure Flush”?

9:56
I was nearing summit. The drive upwards was similar to the one I drive yet was narrower and not as steep. The guardrails were warped and missing in some places, skid marks on the pavement tell their stories. I reached the top and saw numerous lights in the distance. As I got closer, I could identify the car models. Late model Eks, a couple of rotaries, and an old Galant littered the front section parking lot. As I drove deeper into the lot, I stumbled upon more high end cars. An Elise could be seen, barely visible under the cover the trees’ shadows. A grey R32 was parked at the end of the row, facing a blue DC2 that was parked adjacent. I parked in a vacant corner to avoid attention. As it exited my car, I could hear high-pitched revving approaching the summit. In moments, headlights could be seen coming from the summit entrance. A pack of 5 cars headed into the lot. The pack was led by a dark green FC. It was then followed by 4 2 S13s and 2 S15s, paired in two by two formation. As they passed by on the opposite side of the rails, I noticed they all had stickers planted on the top of their windshield that read “Substance”. They parked nearby, attracting the eye of some of the loitering racers. What seemed to be the leader of the group, was the driver of the FC. Chatter became my source of who they were. Apparently “Substance” was a dominant team in the Northeast. Their leader nicknamed “Eros” ran a tuning shop and famous nightclub named the Snake’s Den. Apparently this gathering attracted types of all statures. All became quiet. A lone howl of an engine could be heard nearing this way. A figure appeared in the distance. As it drew near, I recognized it. “Azure Flush” a voice rang in my head. It is time. つつ”く
Act II, Gathering: Pooled Futures
Sekigahara
10:03PM

Indeed It was the same mysterious sw20 that I came into contact with before. Its unpainted carbon fiber hood and front bumper gave it a subtle, yet masked aura. It came to a standstill along the parking lots entrances. The invited just stared and then slowly began to approach the mysterious arrival. All gathered around the right side of the car, awaiting for the driver to come within view. A door opened, yet it was of the passenger side. A man of average height but toned stepped out. As he turned around and approached the crowd, a faint scar could be seen. He halted, surveying those who had come. He cleared his throat. “Thanks for coming”, he said with a mildly stoic manner, “to…Legend of the Streets. You all came for a competition, no. Well, this is your opportunity to show your worth to the mountain pass and claim the top. Those who feel their skills are lacking, now is the time to step back” Everyone within the crowd looked around for the slightest movement of the other. Whether it be of pride or embarrassment, none retreated. “Well. I guess it’s time to get things started.” He stated with a slight smirk. He moved to his right toward an object veiled by gritty tarp. He lifted it, revealing a dark grey container. “Sorry about hiding this from you…” He spoke as he opened the container. “had to make sure this was kept from unwanted eyes.” He pulled out what appeared to be a cell phone with a cord attached to a cylindrical base. He turned around to us and held it up high. “This is a Performance Processor” he loudly stated, “a gadget of my own design. How does it work you ask? You insert it into your car’s cigarette lighter and it analyzes all of the cars’ mechanical prowess. Age, down force, power, suspension, traction, weight, it analyzes all these parameters and translates it into a number that will be displayed onto the screen. Listen…this is where thinking is involved. In this competition, there will be two classes of competitors. Firstly B class. In this class, cars with 450 or less gathered from the PP’s data are allowed to run. Next is A class, cars with 451 up to 500. Take note, classes B and A cannot run against each other. Only cars of the same class can duel each other. Questions?” The crowd remained quiet, eyes still planted on the performance processor. If not, come up and get yours.” He said. The crowd slowly moved up. One by one, each acquired their own, eager to check their own ride. As I got to the man, a sudden rush of heat struck me. All turned to blue as he gave me my processor. I quickly retreated as soon as received it. All returned to normal. I walked back to my car, heavily flustered all the while. “Azure Flush, now I get it” I whispered to myself. I got into the driver’s seat and planted the processor. After a few dozen seconds 448 read on my screen. “Guess that’s it”, I said. “You felt it too” said an amused voice beside my open door. I haven’t seen a reaction to an aura like that in a long time.” I turned to my right and saw a familiar figure. “Aura?” I replied.
“After you went up to him, you looked like you saw a ghost.”
“So I wasn’t the only one.”
“Must be the first time you felt a racer’s aura.”
“Yeah”
“Must have talent. Only those with a good amount can feel it. And he’s has a strong one, must have been a wild first experience.”
“Eros, I be”
Before I could state my name he stepped back a bit as soon as we shook hands. “Jeez that’s cold.” He said shaking his hand as if he touched something hot. “You’ve got quite a strong aura yourself. Cold as hell but strong. Where do you race?”
I usually race at Mt. Kuroihana. Snows most of the time there but rains quite a bit too” I replied.
“Explains it. A racer’s home environment affects his aura. Oh! Name? Never mind. I’ll call you Winter or something.”
“That might stick”
“Anyways I got to head out. The team’s tired and my club goes into chaos without me. Besides, I have to prep for my battle against Azure Flush. Can’t let someone with such an aura slip away.
“Best of Luck.”
He headed off to his FC, signaling his team for departure. I closed my door and prepared to head off myself. Azure’s sw20 caught my eye as I looked through my left window. Wait. Azure Flush was in the passenger side. Who drove up here? I did feel another aura behind Azure when I received the processor. Who could it be? Too tired to think tonight.
“We meet again this weekend”, Azure’s voice rang across the mountain top.
“Till then” I said to myself. All the racers slowly left, allowing the silence and darkness to reclaim the summit. つつ”く

Last edited:
Hei
I really like what you did with the concept of Timber lol.

I think that we'll also be in it at some later point as well, with Wynter's 'unique' twist

Act III, Ambush: Showdown at the Summit

June 9, 2011
Mt. Kuroihana
6:11AM

I got up that Saturday morning to practice on the pass. I kept going over the course, knowing full well that the drenched course could prove fatal in a mishap. “Gotta get better for tonight”, I said in my mind. I took a back road to head back to the summit and rerun the downhill. As it got to the top I noticed two blurry spheres of yellow light behind me. Though they were a good 100 meters behind me, they approached me with great speed. I could now make them out as headlights. 2 flashes they made, signaling a race. I approached the first corner of the downhill with a slow, steady gait. As soon as I reached the apex of the corner, I I tapped my brakes twice and then went all out. We sped on through the a section full of gentle sweepers. It was still on my tail, the mysterious rival had skill and would not let up. We now reached the technical part of the course. The hairpins would be my only chance of breaking away. As I came upon the first hairpin, I started to move outward to execute my line efficiently, but my opponent sped beside me, limiting my options. I had no other choice but to keep the inside. I braked hard and turned the steering wheel to the right as hard as I could. I used to damp pavement to oversteer, facing the apex all the while. My opponent was to my left, unable to throttle on, under the threat of hitting the guardrail. I pulled out of the turn , with my opponent at 2m from my rear. We had a few seconds till the next hairpin. Suddenly, the car was by my side, slowly edging its nose ahead of me. I finally got a good glance of my challenger’s car. A light blue DC2 with black rims. As we raced to the next hairpin, I heard the sound of a blow-off valve come from the Integra. He shifted, and appeared to have lost the power he had over me. He then started to gain speed again, but the hairpin was here. I drifted to the inside, the dc2’s front bumper inches from my passenger side. The dc2 did not let up, charging toward me as I was drifting the corner. I regained traction at throttle after the corner, but by opponent understeered a bit due to the water that accumulated on the inner line. I gained just enough distance to break from the pressure he had put on me. For the last minutes of the run I kept going full speed, the DC2 steadily closing the gap. I parked on the side of the road as soon as I reached the mountain base. The DC2 kept on and turned onto the backroad that led to the city. “Not bad”, I said to myself, “course knowledge was the only thing that kept me ahead. The vtec and turbo sounded in unison in the distance and slowly faded with the sounds of the city below.
 

Act IV, Rainstorm: Dampened Pride
Sekigahara
9:33PM

Tonight was the first race night of Legend of the Streets. Aura’s of all the racers raged all over the parking lots. I could see a familiar face within the crowd in front of me. Snake was arguing with a racer that had a pitch black R32 with a team sticker that read NightKids on the windshield. I tuned in on the argument. “Substance is the best team around you know it’s true Hei”, said Snake in a fiery tone. “Don’t be so quick to assume that”, Hei responded calmly, “it’s a big world out there, and we’re the best in it.
“Team substance never lost a race”
“Team substance never has been in a legit team match!”
Snake cringed in anger, holding back his fists. Members from each team rushed toward their leaders to defend their pride. All went quiet moments later. Azure Flush arrived. “That’s your challenge,” said Hei pointing to the sw20, “if you want to prove me wrong.” “I’ll do it”, Snake said with confidence. The other members of his team begged him to reconsider. “Boss, you told me that you’re unsure of his skills”, said Shev, Substance’s number 2,”don’t ruin your reputation so early.”
“My mind is made up. I will do battle.”
“Are you sure? You told me his aura is suffocating.”
“Everything changes in a battle. Perhaps I was just worrying for nothing.”
“Well…. For you sake I hope so.”
Snake headed to Azure to request a race. “Tss…he’ll lose”, said Hei then walked away, followed by his team. The members of Substance watched Snake make contacted with Azure, the sound of conversation out of range.
Snake returned, informing his team what transpired with Azure. “We will race at 10”, Snake stated, “the downhill will belong to Substance.” The team showed little enthusiasm. The atmosphere became charged with coldness and uncertainty. It slowly started to rain, from gentle droplets to a raw downpour. Thunder also visited the summit. Indeed, even nature itself wanted a piece of the action.

9:58

The time had come, Snake in his FC vs Azure’s sw20. They pulled side by side by side at the starting line at the summit. Many gathered behind the rails to witness this spectacle curtained by the rain. Shev ran toward Snake’s driver side. Snake rolled down the window. “Are you sure you want to go on with this”, Shev said, “It is so unlike you to get so riled up over an opponent.” “It has to be done” replied, “my racer’s pride demands it.” “Godspeed”, Shev said as he patted the roof of the FC and headed behind the rails. Azure’s passenger window rolled down. “Race starts at the first lightning strike ahead”, Azure said in a dark tone. They both kept their eyes peeled to the sky, awaiting nature to kick off the race. In an instant, a quick flash presented itself in front of the duelist. Azure’s ungodly reaction time granted him the lead off the line. Snake was left behind, but by a mere half car length. They both vanished from the view of the audience after the first hard left they took. They both were now truly alone, only their headlights piercing the mountain top abyss. Snake held his own, but only time would tell the outcome. Meanwhile I sat on a bench under a building overhang, listening to the fading exhaust notes. “So…what’s your take on this”, said Shev approaching me. “Can’t say” I replied, “ you seem to have a better idea of what’s going to happen than I do.” He sat down to get out of the rain.
“I don’t know what’s going to happen but…I have a decent guess of the outcome might be.”
“Oh?”
“Not being a pessimist or anything, but Snake’s going to loose.”
“ Is that so.”
“ Don’t get me wrong. I have faith in his skills, but something else is in play tonight.”
“Like what?”
“Pride. It will sink him tonight.”
“Pride?”
“Unlike most times, he’s seems too gung ho tonight, pushing too hard to show his worth as a racer. Pushing to hard causes mistakes, and one tonight can prove fatal.”
“You seem a bit worried”
“I am. Especially after what he told me of Azure. His aura concerns me.”
“I know…felt it myself. Having skill or not, Azure’s aura can break your concentration.”
“Now you know why I’ am so concerned. Snake’s already off his game overly concerned about his racer’s pride. That added with an aura of which I cannot think of an equal messing with his mind, the odds are well against him.
“…..”
“But Snake is clever. He’ll think of a way. Efficient or not, his tactics always seem to get him out of trouble. Hope his wit helps him tonight.”

The battle became more intense by the second, and so did the rainfall. Both racers showed no signs of faltering. “This race is getting to me” Snake thought to himself, “even so; he should be more tired than I am. The sw20’s steering is twitchy, and in wet conditions such as these, it will drain the driver of everything he has. Just wait it out and watch for an error.” The halfway point was reached. The course became more technical with the increase in hairpins and uneven pavement. Snake decreased distance after each corner. “Hmm…his pace is slowing down. A bit earlier than expected, but better I guess. Best finish this while I have the concentration. His aura has been slowly picking at me. Only have one chance to pass before he overpowers me.” Snake waited to pass at a complex series of S curves, assuming that Azure will have exhausted his cornering concentration. “This is it!” Snake feinted to the outside and then pulled to the inside to keep his line neat. Azure slowly went outward after the apex. Snake tried to throttle ahead but Azure had better corner exit. They were side by side, nearing the middle bend of the S curves. Snake, determine to get a solid win, did not let up and still attempted to pass. It was too late. The FC could not hold the outside due to the muddy edge and skidded outward. It slowly drifted toward Azure’s direction but was struck in the rear by a guardrail on the outer left. Azure powered past, seizing the night. The FC then became one of the many casualties of that pass. Snake was a bruised mess, head and arms resting on the wheel. Distraught by the wreck, he was somewhat satisfied with the result. Though he lost, he was filled with joy of the thrill of racing that he sought for a time. He lay back in his seat and drifted off, the pattering of the rain on the windshield lulling him to sleep. つつ”く

Act V, Battlefield: Preemptive Strike
Sekigahara
10:17PM

The rain slowly let up, relieving the mountain of the thunderous downpour. Quiet once again reigned over the summit. But it would be short lived. Shev’s cellphone rang, bearing news that would add to the eerie air. He answered. “What’s that?”, he said with a raised pitch, “keep me posted.” He hung up and raised himself up from the bench with haste. “Snake crashed on lower half of the pass”, he relayed to me stoically, “ Going down to check on him.” Before he could head to his car, a group of racers headed our way. Hei slowly emerged from the crowd, with a slight smirk present. “So…I’m guessing the news reached you”, he said. “Don’t worry, we’ll avenge you all. After all…it is a rival team’s duty to show the other up.” “You shut up!” Shev exploded, “ You’re lucky you didn’t go down first.”
“Lucky? Try smart. I’m not the one who was “forced” to race due to my pride.”
“………”
“Secondly, this was all part of my ploy. I Played your leader’s emotions like a fiddle.”
“What?”
“You think I went out of my way to provoke Snake for nothing?” No. The purpose of my good acting of tonight was to make Snake appear to be a fool in the presence of all the other racers.”
“There a point to this?”
“Snake’s actions and loss, and as the leader of Substance, he represents your whole team. His loss is your loss. But don’t sweat it. Come first thing next week we’re coming into your territory. Gives you another chance to show us any skills you guys might have.”
Shev navigated around the group and headed into his S15 and drove the downhill. “I think you got them both riled up nicely”, said one of Hei’s teammates. “True”, Hei responded, “but it would be foolish to think that his anger would affect him a week from now. Do you think your nsx can match him?”
“Crimson Sabre is prepared for any obstacle.”

Sekigahara
10:31PM

Solid’s FC lay partially on the road, meshed with the guardrail on the left side. Shev’s S15 arrived on the scene. He jumped out and rushed toward the driver side of the FC. He yanked open the door yelled at an unconscious Snake. “Wake up Snake!”, he yelled while yanking at Snakes shirt collar. A groggy moan left Snakes lips. “Whuh…the hell...stop yanking.” Snake said, slowly raising his head. “You’re ok”, Shev enthusiastically said.
“Anything happen while I was out?”
“The Nightkids plan on facing us next week.”
“….what? How am I supposed to get ready within a week. I’m just barely banged up but my ride is totaled.
“You’ll improvise. That’s your strength.
“Hm. Well…call the garage tow. Can’t leave her in this dumpy place.
“Ok. Couldn’t help but notice but… what happened to Azure Flush”
“I imaged he would be back at the top. He’s not?”
“No, and I didn’t notice him along the way here.”
“Mysterious figure that one. I’ll face him again. My racer’s pride demands it.”
“You’re racer’s pride is going to get you killed.”
“Haha. You worry too much. Still appreciate your thoughts. Let’s get moving. Time waits for no one.”
“Get in my car. Has to be uncomfortable in that bent can.”
“Nah. I want to be in here one last time before I…modify her. つつ”く

Last edited:
I like where this is heading.

I can hazard a guess that Crimson Sabre + NSX + Nightkids = me.

Last edited:
Hmm, haven't been here for ages. When I read about the Nightkids and a R32, I was like: " That's JC man. Wait, his name is Hei?! I'm confused." Now I get it.

Vol. II: Reign

Act I, Leisure: Air of the Meeting Place.
July 2
Wangan Southbound
10:45PM

My opponent was right behind me, trailing my nsx. The end of the tunnel was near as was the end of this battle. The needle of the speedometer slowly crept toward 321kph. I reached the end of the tunnel, grabbing victory. Though I won, I was not quite satisfied with this meager accomplishment. I pulled off onto an exit to reach the nearby parking lot in order to get my earnings for the race. My opponent arrived to hand me my earnings then left with subtle anger. Thereafter, a dark object emerged at the entrance of the parking lot. It became clear what it was as it as it approached toward me. A gloss black bnr32, branded with “NightKids” on the top windshield. It rolled and parked in a space near me, leaving a vacant space in-between. Its engine ran idle for a few moments then quieted. Hei stepped out, observing the surroundings then me. “Of course it’ll be you,” I said with a slight smirk, “there is no other that I know of that makes such a dramatic entrance without reason.” “What…the NightKids” patch didn’t give it away sooner”, Hei remarked then focused his attention toward my hand, “What’s with the cash? It’s not like you to prey on the small fry.” “Hmph. “I let out some amusement, “He challenged me. Besides, I need the cash.”
“For?” Hei said pulling out his performance processor.
“There is one I wish to defeat.”
“Shev?”
“No, I’m ready for him. There’s another out there that has my eye.”
“Oh… Crimson’s on the hunt?”
“Have you heard of a racer called the “Shadow?”
“Somewhat. I bet he’s some myth to spook the locals.”
“I can honestly tell you that he’s not.”
“Met the guy?”
“In a way. I sought him at one of the local passes west of here a few days ago. I didn’t find anyone at the summit’s parking lot so I headed back down the mountain. About halfway down, this eerie feeling filled the air. Out of nowhere, these piercing orange headlights filled my rearview mirror. At that moment I tried to outrun this mysterious opponent but …. This odd overwhelming pressure kept me from concentrating. He passed me on the outside on one of the steep hairpins at the base.”
“What was he driving?”
“A dark-grey E46 Gtr.”
“Seriously, how that thing got imported here is beyond me.”
“I’m sure that was him. And that’s why I’m here.
“……”
“I have to win get as much cash as I can so I can modify my car for a rematch. I have to win.”
“It’s good to have motivation, but don’t get obsessed. We have a team match in the near future. Don’t let this be you.” He stated and raised his processor in front of me, Snake’s loss being displayed on the interface.
“That won’t happen, not to me.”
“I wish I could sincerely believe that, but that answer will have to suffice for now. I’m heading out.
Hei entered his GT-R and drove onto the expressway, Its RB26 howling seconds later. I turned around facing my Nsx. “For the good of the team… or the pursuit of speed, which path should I follow?”, I said to myself.

The Snake’s Den
11:19 PM

“We’re almost there” Snake said exhaustingly while working under his car, “just a few more twists and …..” a bearing snapped off while being tightened, striking the ground with an echoing ping. Snake went and picked it up, peering through its spacing. “This is just the least of my troubles.” He said as Shev appeared within the view of the spacing. “Still working on it?” Shev said looking at the car which was masked by a dark green tarp. “It’ll be finished soon… hopefully in time.” Snake replied while returning his gaze on the car. “Yeah, the NightKids have been slowly defeating us, supporter and member alike”, Shev said depressingly, leaning against the wall, “It won’t be long before they hit our home course. And your absence from the race scene hasn’t done much good for morale either. Being cooped up in the backroom of your club and such.” “So they’re that close to conquering our territory? “, Snake said smiling all the while, “guess this is a good opportunity to try her out.” Snake approached the car and grabbed a corner of the tarp. “If you’re ready, I’ll reveal my masterpiece.” Snake said while slowly pulling the tarp off gradually then with a quick yank. “Honestly… I think the FC was faster, but this car suits you better.” Shev said in reaction. “Look inside.” Snake insisted. Shev went to the car and looked into the hoodless engine bay. “Whaaa” Shev murmered with a blank expression, “you put that engine in…” “Yep”, Snake replied, I couldn’t let it just sit there. And God forbid me selling it or sending it to a junkyard after all the memories we had.” “Yeah, but this is…. something else! “Shev replied with a mixture of confusion and excitement. “Call it thinking out of the box”, Snake said, “the Cardboard Box.” Shev covered his face with the palm of his hand and replied, “After working of your car, working on your skills, you yet to improve on your puns.”
 
July 3
Hakura Reststop
4:41AM

The morning was going by smoothly. Not many come by in the mornings but today was slower than usual. But as such, things would unexpectedly happen. A dignified, yet faint whine of engines could be heard. Louder and louder they became, I could hear them turn off the expressway approaching my way. All but a few moments later, I saw a black R32 and a red nsx roll past the front shop window. They parked just a few spaces away from my rx-8. I recognized the drivers as they exited their cars. They entered, Crimson sat at a table near the entrance while Hei came my way. “ I recognize you, “Hei said as he got to the counter, “ yeah…I saw you at Sekigahara about a month ago. The blue rx-8 rings a bell too. ““Yeah, I was there that night” I replied. “Hanging with Substance “Hei said, “that’s bold move these days. When the NightsKids roam most of the surrounding area.” “I’m not with any team,” I replied with slight defense, “haven’t been with them for around a month.” “If what I hear is true”, Hei stated, “you would be open to the proposition of joining us?” A grim silence filled the air. Refusal of the offer came to me at the instant it was thrown out, but Hei had an aggressive air behind his “proposition”. Things could go out of hand fast if I didn’t word my decline just right. Without notice, I could hear an Evo and a rotary approach. Hei turned around along with Crimson. The engines became idle. The nose of an Evo IX could be seen at the edge of the front window, though the view of the other car was blocked by the bricked wall. The sound of doors closing was heard, followed by the crunch of footsteps on rugged cement. Snake entered along with Shev. All parties tensed up. Crimson rose up from his seat. “I came here to get coffee after a long night”, Snake said with a darkness, “but after noticing my company, I’m wide awake now.” “We’re just leaving.” Hei said, signaling Crimson to follow. Crimson bumped Shev on the way out. Their eyes stayed on each other until the NightKids entered their cars and left. “I guess we had the same idea.” Snake said crossing his arms then looked my way, “I’m guessing he mentioned something about joining him. I making the same offer, but…. I’m willing to accept a decline.” “That’s a better offer”, I replied, “but I have to decline you too. I don’t belong on a team.” “Reason why you got such untimely invitations is because going to be a massive throwdown between us and the NightKids.” Snake stated, “ Both of us need more seasoned racers to take the win. Though you declined my offer, can I count on you to attend the battle?” “I’ll go”, I replied, “just say when it happens.” “I’ll contact you through the processor.” Snake said while heading out with Shev. Both got into their cars and started their engines. I went outside to see them off. I was shocked to see the other car. The Evo left the lot first along with a dark green… wait…. Is that an S14?

Awesome. "The Shadow" sounds like the Shadow we all know. Looks I have a grudge with Chev. :lol:

Back