Lego

Discussion in 'The Rumble Strip' started by LoudMusic, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Michael88

Michael88

I did mods to my GT car. New rear wing, smaller splitter, re-designed front and some other stuff. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RogsR34UK

RogsR34UK

F7D40C5E-09BF-4A72-BEB1-F8600D9075A9.jpeg

My latest purchase. The Instruction Manual is almost 500 pages long! Over 2500 parts. Looks complicated to say the least!

MarcoM, Sprite, Spacegoat and 4 others like this.
  3. kikie

kikie Premium

Don't do this at home

Michael88 likes this.
  4. daan

daan Moderator

The issue with the DB5 was that Lego cannot do the subtle curves that the DB5 has, whereas the Defender was designed to be built in Lego.

Spacegoat, Sprite, TB and 1 other person like this.
  5. Roo

Roo Premium

Amazon UK have some big discounts on Technic at the moment. The Mack Anthem is 50% off, for example.

Edit: no longer relevant.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  6. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

7. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

For you lego collectors out there, not sure if you've seen this or not. Not my video.

TB and Jump_Ace like this.
  8. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

I have it on a shelf, she is fantastic. Crazy intelligent engineering.

Jerome

TB and Mr Grumpy like this.
  9. MedigoFlame

MedigoFlame Premium

Looks like Speed Champions will be "25%" larger than the previous ones. Looks like they're wide enough that they have a passenger seat now. Audi Quattro S1 and Ferrari F8 Tributo. But price increases to $19.99.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

Eh... I like the current size a lot, smaller sets are more fun. Would've really liked that Audi too.

11. Michael88

Michael88

I like how the new speed champions look, 8 wide allows for so many more details. :drool:

As for me, sneak peek of my newest project, containing over 2000 bricks, about 80% finished. :D

[​IMG]

MarcoM, Jump_Ace and Spacegoat like this.
  12. DG_Silva

DG_Silva

twoskodas likes this.
  13. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

This is much better! The one reason why I don't get the Speed Champions cars is because they look too goofy. Now I'm interested.

14. MedigoFlame

MedigoFlame Premium

Definitely looking forward to the Audi, despite the fact I know there will be quite a few stickers involved. I hate putting on the stickers, otherwise I'd enjoy the Speed Champion race cars. (Wanted the Fiesta M-Sport, but the stickers scared me) I will say (despite not being related to Speed Champions), I love the Caterham 7 so much for not needing stickers like the old Ferrari sets.

Making most of the cars into single seaters was rather weird to me. So I can agree that I look forward to these.

MarcoM likes this.
  15. MarcoM

MarcoM

Love these. When are they available?

16. SPhilli911

SPhilli911

I will get the Audi, for sure, but the OCD in me wants the Speed Champion sets to be the same size. However, the Audi looks really good, so maybe the sets should have been that size to begin with!

I have nearly all of the Speed Champion sets, but many of them aren’t particularly accurate looking due to small size. For example, the 911 Turbo 3.0 (which admittedly is hard in any size, probably) and the Fiesta WRC car come to mind.

VXR, Spacegoat, MarcoM and 1 other person like this.
  17. MedigoFlame

MedigoFlame Premium

I believe they said January 2020.

Spacegoat and MarcoM like this.
  18. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Yeah, that was my first thought as well. :lol:

The Audi looks terrific though (Ferrari doesn't do a lot for me). Definitely going to have to keep an eye out for that one. Looking forward to seeing what they've got planned next.

19. 05XR8

05XR8

These are cool. might have to get my daughter one(two) for Christmas.:sly:

20. MarcoM

MarcoM

I now know what's the no or go for the speedchampion models is for me. It's the headlights. If they are stickers: no. That's why I love the F40 and the mentioned Audi. Probably should get the 911 Turbo as well.

MedigoFlame likes this.
  21. Michael88

Michael88

So I designed this Light Cruiser on BrickStudio, over 2000 bricks, overall length 65 centimeters. Wanted to order all the parts, 450 bucks - I knew it would be expensive but I definitely can't afford that amount of money for a model. :( :(

So here are the renders:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VulcanSpirit, daan, Jump_Ace and 11 others like this.
  22. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

I was very eager to see the reveal, I like how you made the hull. :tup:

Michael88 likes this.
  23. Michael88

Michael88

Funny thing is, my Grandfather served as a sailor on 3 German cruisers similar to my model, as an anti-aircraft gunner.

3 cruisers because he got sunk three times, he told me he survived only because he grew up on a large lake and practiced swimming & diving from a very early age on nearly daily. Whenever he had to leave the sinking ship many of his friends who weren't as good divers were shot by allied planes when they had to get to the surface for air.

Thank you! The hull was actually the idea that made me build that ship, I saw some random LEGO ships on FlickR and I thought I could do a better job with the hull using a sandwich of slopes and curved slopes. I love using sandwich-SNOT techniques in all of my models.

24. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

A true sailor huh?

So how is BrickStudio? (BrickLink Studio?) I'd never heard of it before and it looks like it might be a good alternative to LDD. Everytime I try using LDD I get a little frustrated with its lack of pieces.

25. Michael88

Michael88

Eh, coming from LDD I find it hard to get used to it. It all makes sense but it is so slooooow to get the correct pieces, you cannot turn things as soon as there are more than three parts that rotate with it, there is no ''hide'' function, if you move around a large amount of bricks (or an entire model) at once the program gets a heart attack even with my quite powerful gaming rig, making parts connect is very difficult sometimes....... everything is much clunkier. LDD was just excellent, too bad LEGO had to can it.:crazy:

So when I build models I still use LDD for 90% of the build, then I import the LDD files into brick studio and finish it with the parts that are not available in LDD.

Oh, the render function of brick studio is very good. :tup:

Touring Mars likes this.
  26. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

Michael88 likes this.
  27. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

Great build @Michael88 very well done man. I love the renders too.

I finished the new Star Destroyer while I was sick over the weekend. It was short two pieces, lol. I think I'm finally caught up with my UCS sets. I was gonna get the new Cloud City set, but it's a Master Build Series, not a UCS set. Which, I think is what sets like Ewok and Hoth were meant to be, so I'm sticking with the 10123 Cloud City set.

Jerome

Michael88 likes this.
  28. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

I don't know if this is good or not, long term (higher prices?), but Lego just bought Brick Link today :eek:

LINK

Jerome

29. Michael88

Michael88

Thanks for liking my creation! :dopey:

BTW, there is also going to be an 8-wide Speed Champions Lambo:

[​IMG]
    Eh, another powergrab of LEGO, they just want to control the entire market. I liked Bricklink being an independent LEGO source. I know they're saying that this won't change, but I doubt it.

Spacegoat likes this.
  30. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Some many stickers. :( Looks a lot better than the GT-R though, imo.