Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,384 comments
I did mods to my GT car. New rear wing, smaller splitter, re-designed front and some other stuff. :D

8JbiA1Z.jpg

o8yyZN8.jpg

lyhvqNX.jpg

w0z7Rvx.jpg

Amazon UK have some big discounts on Technic at the moment. The Mack Anthem is 50% off, for example.

Edit: no longer relevant.

Last edited:
Looks like Speed Champions will be "25%" larger than the previous ones. Looks like they're wide enough that they have a passenger seat now. Audi Quattro S1 and Ferrari F8 Tributo. But price increases to $19.99.
76897-back-02-1573858657.jpg

76897-box1-v29-1573858656.jpg

76895-top-01-1573858656.jpg

76895-box5-v29-1573858657.jpg
This is much better! The one reason why I don't get the Speed Champions cars is because they look too goofy. Now I'm interested.

Eh... I like the current size a lot, smaller sets are more fun. Would've really liked that Audi too.
Definitely looking forward to the Audi, despite the fact I know there will be quite a few stickers involved. I hate putting on the stickers, otherwise I'd enjoy the Speed Champion race cars. (Wanted the Fiesta M-Sport, but the stickers scared me) I will say (despite not being related to Speed Champions), I love the Caterham 7 so much for not needing stickers like the old Ferrari sets.

This is much better! The one reason why I don't get the Speed Champions cars is because they look too goofy. Now I'm interested.
Making most of the cars into single seaters was rather weird to me. So I can agree that I look forward to these.

Looks like Speed Champions will be "25%" larger than the previous ones. Looks like they're wide enough that they have a passenger seat now. Audi Quattro S1 and Ferrari F8 Tributo. But price increases to $19.99.
76897-back-02-1573858657.jpg

76897-box1-v29-1573858656.jpg

76895-top-01-1573858656.jpg

76895-box5-v29-1573858657.jpg

Love these. When are they available?

I will get the Audi, for sure, but the OCD in me wants the Speed Champion sets to be the same size. However, the Audi looks really good, so maybe the sets should have been that size to begin with!

I have nearly all of the Speed Champion sets, but many of them aren’t particularly accurate looking due to small size. For example, the 911 Turbo 3.0 (which admittedly is hard in any size, probably) and the Fiesta WRC car come to mind.

I will get the Audi, for sure, but the OCD in me wants the Speed Champion sets to be the same size.

Yeah, that was my first thought as well. :lol:

The Audi looks terrific though (Ferrari doesn't do a lot for me). Definitely going to have to keep an eye out for that one. Looking forward to seeing what they've got planned next.

I now know what's the no or go for the speedchampion models is for me. It's the headlights. If they are stickers: no. That's why I love the F40 and the mentioned Audi. Probably should get the 911 Turbo as well.

Funny thing is, my Grandfather served as a sailor on 3 German cruisers similar to my model, as an anti-aircraft gunner.

3 cruisers because he got sunk three times, he told me he survived only because he grew up on a large lake and practiced swimming & diving from a very early age on nearly daily. Whenever he had to leave the sinking ship many of his friends who weren't as good divers were shot by allied planes when they had to get to the surface for air.

I was very eager to see the reveal, I like how you made the hull. 👍

Thank you! The hull was actually the idea that made me build that ship, I saw some random LEGO ships on FlickR and I thought I could do a better job with the hull using a sandwich of slopes and curved slopes. I love using sandwich-SNOT techniques in all of my models.

A true sailor huh?

So how is BrickStudio? (BrickLink Studio?) I'd never heard of it before and it looks like it might be a good alternative to LDD. Everytime I try using LDD I get a little frustrated with its lack of pieces.

A true sailor huh?

So how is BrickStudio? (BrickLink Studio?) I'd never heard of it before and it looks like it might be a good alternative to LDD. Everytime I try using LDD I get a little frustrated with its lack of pieces.

Eh, coming from LDD I find it hard to get used to it. It all makes sense but it is so slooooow to get the correct pieces, you cannot turn things as soon as there are more than three parts that rotate with it, there is no ''hide'' function, if you move around a large amount of bricks (or an entire model) at once the program gets a heart attack even with my quite powerful gaming rig, making parts connect is very difficult sometimes....... everything is much clunkier. LDD was just excellent, too bad LEGO had to can it.:crazy:

So when I build models I still use LDD for 90% of the build, then I import the LDD files into brick studio and finish it with the parts that are not available in LDD.

Oh, the render function of brick studio is very good. 👍

Great build @Michael88 very well done man. I love the renders too.

I finished the new Star Destroyer while I was sick over the weekend. It was short two pieces, lol. I think I'm finally caught up with my UCS sets. I was gonna get the new Cloud City set, but it's a Master Build Series, not a UCS set. Which, I think is what sets like Ewok and Hoth were meant to be, so I'm sticking with the 10123 Cloud City set.

Jerome

I don't know if this is good or not, long term (higher prices?), but Lego just bought Brick Link today :eek:

LINK

Jerome

Thanks for liking my creation! :dopey:

BTW, there is also going to be an 8-wide Speed Champions Lambo:

mNjCshy.jpg

I don't know if this is good or not, long term (higher prices?), but Lego just bought Brick Link today :eek:

Eh, another powergrab of LEGO, they just want to control the entire market. I liked Bricklink being an independent LEGO source. I know they're saying that this won't change, but I doubt it.

Back