Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,396 comments
United States
Everywhere
I couldn't find my posts about the Williams F1 racer set so I'm starting a new thread all about Legos. Yay!

There was a set recently discontinued of the Williams F1 race car. Amazing model. Totally spectacular. When I finally decided to throw down the cash and buy it ... they were out of stock. Sad day. Then yesterday I checked the site to find that now they're doing Ferrari F1 stuff!

http://www.lego.com/eng/racers/ferrari/default.asp

So I go to the shop to buy it ... "Not available in this country". WTF!

Well, I've got my pile of Star Wars Legos ... and my pile of Castle Legos. I guess that'll have to do.

Ha! Legos! I had the space lego set from the early 1980's. I had a huge spaceship. I played with it 'til I was a well aged teen.

I loved the moon crater plates, launch platforms, moon hover bikes, moon carts, etc. I still have them. My boys used to play with them all the time, but I got tired of stepping on all the pieces with my bare feet. So, it's now at Grandma's house.

Here's an eBay link for them now.

Items matching ( space )
Address:http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/...og=9&sosortproperty=2&sosortorder=2&bs=Search

Originally posted by LoudMusic
I couldn't find my posts about the Williams F1 racer set so I'm starting a new thread all about Legos. Yay!

There was a set recently discontinued of the Williams F1 race car. Amazing model. Totally spectacular. When I finally decided to throw down the cash and buy it ... they were out of stock. Sad day. Then yesterday I checked the site to find that now they're doing Ferrari F1 stuff!

http://www.lego.com/eng/racers/ferrari/default.asp

So I go to the shop to buy it ... "Not available in this country". WTF!

Well, I've got my pile of Star Wars Legos ... and my pile of Castle Legos. I guess that'll have to do.

Awesome! But, if I bought a new piece of Lego set, it would be the Star Wars collection. I love that Tie Fighter!

In Downtown Disney they have a dope shop dedicated to Legos : ). They have the Lochness monster made out of legos in a lake right outside of the place and every lego set you could imagine. . .

When I was little I use to make cities out of legos and got frustrated when I couldn't find a white rectangle piece with 8 circles to connect to the top of whatever. I was also a perfectionist with them that all the colors on the buildings had to match. . . Then came the huge earthquake, tornado, hurricane, whatever you have it. The destruction of a peaceful metropolis was great : ). I also liked building the space legos too. Moonbase destruction was great, especially with M 60s : )

Originally posted by Solid Lifters
Awesome! But, if I bought a new piece of Lego set, it would be the Star Wars collection. I love that Tie Fighter!

I have all the ships from the "Ultimate Collector Series" except the Naboo Fighter. The Tie Interceptor is still my favorite.

I saw the BMW F1 car in a toy store in Czeck Republic when I was visiting my Dad last Christmas, I thought it was great. I would have bought it but I just couldn't bothered putting it together so I decided not to waste money (even though they sell it for peanuts over there).

I used to love lego, I played with it all the time. I could never find peices I wanted when I was looking for them, but if I wasn't looking for them I could easly find them!

Blake, you been to the Czech Republic? Lucky git. I want to go there, my grandad was Czech. Beer is 50p a pint, used to be 30p but now its in the EU it will probably be about £1.

For a second, I thought Legos were coming out with a Lego set with Metal Gear Ray, or Metal Gear Rex. Both Lego MGs were in the latest issue of PSM magazine. But as it turns out, some guy heard how Kojima used Legos to help develope the first MGS game, and decided to build both mechs for the fun of it. He did a great job. Look for it the June issue, on page 12.

Lego just sent out an email promoting the Ferarri F1. Pricing is at $70 with free shipping! I've already got one on the way.

und506x270lg_8386.jpg

Well the Ferrari F1 is cool stuff. And for $70 it's not a bad set. But it lacks detail and suspension, among other things.

I had to order the Williams F1 from an Australian company because I missed out when Lego had them in stock. The extra $40 for shipping was a bit tough, but I really like the set. It has twice as many pieces as the Ferrari and is about 50% larger over all. It has better steering and includes independant shocks on all four wheels. It seems a bit flimsy but I think that's due to its immense size.

Both of them are super cool. Eventually I plan to post pictures.

Lego is probably the best toy around. Anybody interested in Lego should check out LUGNET, and take a look under the technic section. There's tonnes of Lego information on that site, including building instructions for advanced technic constructrions. There are building instructions for torsen diffs, opposable diffs, automatic gearboxes (both mechanic and pneumatic!):drool:. I'd probably try out some of that once I find the will to sacrifice some of my larger sets. Or prolly just improvise and built my own solutions.

BTW; The Williams F1 (aka. Silver Champion) is nothing compared to Lego's supercars, especially the big, green, mean monster of an off-roader they had. Four-wheel drive, 5+R transmission and convertable to four-wheel steer, plus gull-wing doors with integrated sidesteps that folded out when the doors were opened. :dopey:

I think that was one of the very first sets with the minifigs instead of those huge blocky people figs with the bizarre circle hands and bulbous heads, if you remember those:)

I know you guys are mostly fans of car legos. But I have a USS Kittyhawk(Aircraft Carrier) that was 1700 pieces. I'll get a photo up in a moment.

Is that Lego? Because it doesn't look like Lego. Did you design it yourself or was it in a set? Cool stuff where ever it came from.

Check out the new Lego Star Wars Ultimate Collector's Series Y-Wing. Pretty cool stuff (:

10134-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

It's mega Bloks. my friend had one, and he brought it over to my house and sent it down the stairs. :dopey:

Back