Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,394 comments
Looks like the Creator series will get the Mustang.
8yizni9abyd21.jpg

A couple of leaked shots of the box. Appears that you can build it with a blower and side pipes. Awesome. :lol:

Dza4jyIWkAIKXSV.jpg

I love the raised rear suspension, all of those options really add to the appeal. It's one thing to have a nice Mustang, they do try and make it over the top :)

Jerome

I decided to get a small set because it's been a while since I built something (I think the last one I did was an A-Wing and Yoda's Starfighter at the same time), it was between the F40 and the escape pod/Dewback microfighter set but Star Wars won again:

15505996951465606841369947090799.jpg

I really like the detail on the pod's engines and the Dewback looks great for a small set like this, too. Also the desert Stormtrooper is probably my new second-favourite minifig after Boba Fett. I'm not going to lie, that was a big part of what swayed me away from the F40, which I'll most likely still buy.

15505997573841762116046353168517.jpg

15505998275763480716321334663732.jpg
15505999708033087610387712396490.jpg

I'm just glad he found the droids he was looking for after all these years.

Has anyone tried to make an R/C Lego car?

If memory serves me correct Lego make some R/C cars themselves, like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FNMXFQF/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

Depending on what you want to do, you could always get a base chassis from an existing RC car, or a Tamiya kit, and then the lego on top. If you're building a car for tarmac, simply putting together would be fine, but offroad would need gluing together.

Really want to buy the Lego Technics Porsche 911 RSR, but I don't have the patience to wait for one to get shipped. Anyone have a SKU or something to look on Brickseek?

Always kind of preferred buying in person.

Really want to buy the Lego Technics Porsche 911 RSR, but I don't have the patience to wait for one to get shipped. Anyone have a SKU or something to look on Brickseek?

Always kind of preferred buying in person.

I know you said you wanted to buy it in person, but Amazon has it on Prime: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CU9X8EI/?tag=gtplanet-20

I've never had good/any luck finding lego locally. Maybe Amazon can get it to you really fast?

Jerome

I know you said you wanted to buy it in person, but Amazon has it on Prime: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CU9X8EI/?tag=gtplanet-20

I've never had good/any luck finding lego locally. Maybe Amazon can get it to you really fast?

Jerome

Ah. I was thinking of the RSR. Already picked up the GT3 RS.
91ufBpkE3uL._SL1500_.jpg

I saw it at Target one time, but that was when I was visiting NY and didn't really want to pay the 8% tax. I found the spot on the shelf at my local Target, but the employees said they haven't gotten another one in a while. Really wish we had a Lego store in Maine. :( I think the closest one is in Massachusetts.

(3/11) Edit: Found one! Drove half an hour away to the next closest Target and found one, albeit a slightly beat up box. Managed to get a small discount after asking the cashier.
53654626_10219160940393740_6537764145268260864_o.jpg

Last edited:
Well what I figured would take all year to build 45,500 pieces, took me 10 weeks (about 275-300 pieces/hr I think?) I built all my Lego SW UCS sets. Some of which I've built before, a couple times, but 95% of them were new which really made the build just fly with their numbered bags.

e2NDi7.jpg

bnsVK6.jpg

F7xkCg.jpg

Next up!

5.jpg

Jerome

Last edited:
I hate stickers. I've not built my Camaro yet, but the 488GT3 was an absolute nightmare. Pretty much every external panel has a sticker on it.

View attachment 808597

Same. I did stickers once on something as a kid. Never again. Plus having the sticker sheet (and box) ups the resale value.

Jerome

I hate stickers. I've not built my Camaro yet, but the 488GT3 was an absolute nightmare. Pretty much every external panel has a sticker on it.

View attachment 808597

:crazy:!

Main problem I had with the Camaro was the grille. Which for whatever reason they decided to split into two separate pieces. :boggled: The amount of stickers with some of these Speed Champions sets is pretty ridiculous.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm almost certainly going to buy Anakin's pod racer and a Snowspeeder when they're released. I'm not too interested in the rest, though, I guess I only collect the vehicles I like. Not much point in getting another >£100 Slave 1 when I already have the UCS one, either.

@Jump_Ace that's like at least two thirds of the reason why I Lego!

Speaking of, I just ordered the Snowspeeder and Pod Racer sets, and for some reason it came with a free gift that's a rabbit, on a skateboard, on a ramp. I think. I still can't tell if I hallucinated that or not.

I received and built my Podracer and Snowspeeder today, they both look great and were decent builds, I mean both were a symmetrical cockpit with (nearly) symmetrical bits that attach either side, but they both have great details.

I'd really like to re-design the stand for the Podracer though so it doesn't have the distracting rail joining the cockpit and engines, not sure how I'd do it though. Additionally it'd be great to build a modular rack so I can keep all the small-ish models in one place, maybe on the wall as I'm running out of space on my shelves!

Edit: forgot the photos!

15547511551561204603100285005541.jpg
15547512162194768149790574365770.jpg
15547512773901645884090007909516.jpg
15547513269787899024033558944390.jpg

I received and built my Podracer and Snowspeeder today, they both look great and were decent builds, I mean both were a symmetrical cockpit with (nearly) symmetrical bits that attach either side, but they both have great details.

I'd really like to re-design the stand for the Podracer though so it doesn't have the distracting rail joining the cockpit and engines, not sure how I'd do it though. Additionally it'd be great to build a modular rack so I can keep all the small-ish models in one place, maybe on the wall as I'm running out of space on my shelves!

Edit: forgot the photos!

View attachment 813170 View attachment 813171 View attachment 813172 View attachment 813173

The only thing I can think of would be to get a bunch of round 1x1 plates with holes at the top and snap a long line of them together through the black cables going to the cockpit. But it may not be able to support its own weight?

Jerome

@Jump_Ace I was thinking more along the lines of putting individual stands on each element, maybe with a little bit of roll adjustment in each one so it could be posed to look like it's turning. Then that could either be mounted on a black support frame that's designed to look like its shadow or just left as three individual pieces, although I imagine the cables exert enough force to make that really annoyingly prone to falling over as they are pretty firm.

Man, I want this. I bet it's a fun build. It's £180, but it's almost as many pieces as Slave I so maybe I could justify it... Maybe? I think my primary delusion is that I will one day stop buying Lego when I've got models of all the ship designs I really like, that somehow makes it ok to buy whatever I want now...

Back