Less FF for faster lap time

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cote Dazur
  • 37 comments
  • 3,355 views
I've never really driven them. I have no want of a car like that. :yuck:

Sadly I still have to achieve gold on the S.Vettle challenge, so I'll be getting my arms ripped off any time soon.
 
I disagree. I'm fastest with higher FFB.

To continue the comparison: shouting can be heard from further away. The same principle applies to this, you can feel anything happening more quickly and correct it before it escalates. 👍

For sure, the stronger the feedback the faster you can react to the event. 👍

Same here. Works perfectly for every single car in the game...except for the Red Bull cars. That nearly rips my arms off. No joke. :scared:

Indeed :P aha... It is extremely strong, that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the noise the wheel's engine emits, doesn't sound healthy.

**CRACK CRACK BANG CRACK BANG BANG GRIND**

0_0
 
I race with mine down at 2-3, I don't need to have it up on 10 overheating my wheel (G27). I know some people are all for the rip your arms off FFB without thinking about how much stress it puts on the wheel with a lot of use. I think I also use Power Assisted steering, based on the fact that there are far more cars that have it in the real world than cars that don't.

My FFB in other games is higher than I run it in GT5 though, i'd probably prefer around 5/10 but I don't really play GT5 all that much for it to matter.
 
I use 10 on my DFGT, although by now it's probably equivalent to 2 or 3 on a new one. On the subject of ripping arms off, in a battle between me and my DFGT it was always the cheap table that it's mounted on that gave up first. :lol:

Edit:

I think I also use Power Assisted steering, based on the fact that there are far more cars that have it in the real world than cars that don't.

Isn't real power steering different to GT5 though? I thought that in real life it was a consistent thing to make the wheel turn, whereas in GT5 it's something that only kicks in when you corner suddenly. This isn't a criticism of your preferred settings, I'm just curious as to whether I was right about the differences.
 
Last edited:
I race with mine down at 2-3, I don't need to have it up on 10 overheating my wheel (G27). I know some people are all for the rip your arms off FFB without thinking about how much stress it puts on the wheel with a lot of use. I think I also use Power Assisted steering, based on the fact that there are far more cars that have it in the real world than cars that don't.

My FFB in other games is higher than I run it in GT5 though, i'd probably prefer around 5/10 but I don't really play GT5 all that much for it to matter.

At 9, mine is hardly ripping my arms off and as far as the overheating and stress, I've been running it that way for 2 years and its still good as new. The housing barely gets warm so I'm not concerned about an overheating issue.
 
I use 10 on my DFGT, although by now it's probably equivalent to 2 or 3 on a new one. On the subject of ripping arms off, in a battle between me and my DFGT it was always the cheap table that it's mounted on that gave up first. :lol:

Funny, but just to be clear, are you faster at 10 than at a lower setting, or is it just at 10 because you like the feel of higher setting better?

At 9, mine is hardly ripping my arms off and as far as the overheating and stress, I've been running it that way for 2 years and its still good as new. The housing barely gets warm so I'm not concerned about an overheating issue.

Same here, 10 is not hard on my arms either and has never affected any of my wheels longevity, of course now it is less of a concern as I am not at setting 10 anymore.
 
I'm really not sure about my speed honestly (I got faster when I changed, but I was still getting used to having a wheel), it's just that I race very high performance cars (F1, X1 et cetera) regularly and like the higher settings because it feels more appropriate for the cars.
 
I use 10 on my DFGT, although by now it's probably equivalent to 2 or 3 on a new one. On the subject of ripping arms off, in a battle between me and my DFGT it was always the cheap table that it's mounted on that gave up first. :lol:

Edit:



Isn't real power steering different to GT5 though? I thought that in real life it was a consistent thing to make the wheel turn, whereas in GT5 it's something that only kicks in when you corner suddenly. This isn't a criticism of your preferred settings, I'm just curious as to whether I was right about the differences.

A while back they made some changes to the FFB in a patch, turning power steering on I felt I had more feeling in the wheel + if I needed to save a bit slide with a lot of heavy wheel action I wasnt going to be fighting against heavy FFB. It isn't exactly like power steering in a real car, but somewhat similar to power steering in a racing car, you still have feel but you aren't directly connected to the forces through the wheels.

Has its advantages and disadvantages but mostly falls down to preference, but since the majority of cars actually have power steering of some sort in real life, it's closer to reality than having it turned off.
 
Back