Less Japanese cars, more regional cars

That is how DLC is always going to be in a series game like a racing game though, unless the next game drastically changes it's always going to carry over to the next one, it's logical.

That's why I always look at DLC for these games as a premium. If you want it now, you pay the premium and have it now. If you don't want to pay the premium, you wait for the next retail game. I'm fine with it personally and the only other way would be either no DLC at all or DLC that doesn't carry to the next game and neither are a good idea IMO.

That's why I always look at DLC for these games as a premium. If you want it now, you pay the premium and have it now. If you don't want to pay the premium, you wait for the next retail game. I'm fine with it personally and the only other way would be either no DLC at all or DLC that doesn't carry to the next game and neither are a good idea IMO.

Exactly, and not to mention that I'd rather wait for the next retail game because that way you can also have other improvements like graphics, physics and sounds to go along with it. But still, the less DLC the better in my opinion.

Exactly, and not to mention that I'd rather wait for the next retail game because that way you can also have other improvements like graphics, physics and sounds to go along with it. But still, the less DLC the better in my opinion.

I suppose I don't mind as long as there is a big improvement of some kind. If GT5 released lots of DLC vehicles and then GT6 was exactly the same but with just more tracks and cars, then I would be pretty annoyed. But if they improved different aspects like the graphics, physics, features etc. then I wouldn't feel as disappointed. I do agree on less DLC, the odd car pack here and theres fine mind.

Well everyone knows and expects Gran Turismo 6 to feature majority of Japanese cars. The only valid question remains, is the title going to have Japanese cars that don't exist in past and present title(s).

You told me you think I am heading for appointment's If I think PD will add more non-Japanese cars, meaning you're not feeling optimistic about the chances of it happening. Which in turn implies that unless you like a higher ratio of Japanese cars over other countries, you yourself are heading for disappointment too. That makes perfect sense does it not?
No it doesn't. All I said was that you would be disappointed if you thought GT6 would have a greater foreign car to Japanese car ratio than in GT5. That is a very simple point, straightforward and direct. Never did I say whether I actually cared about this ratio.
Also to your last question, I don't exactly see where that fits in with our conversation? I never said anything about you're heading for disappointment if there's less Japanese cars?
Seriously? Why don't you go ahead and read the quote just above this one? And this one as well while you're at it.
Finally, I'm not leading myself for anything? I'm not expecting I hope. It doesn't matter what they're from, still a good list so far, don't you agree?
There's a difference? The fact that the GT series historically has an imbalance in cars in favour of Japan, I do not see why GT6 would be any different. Furthermore, the reasons you gave I have already made a rebuttal to, in the post you just quoted.

The Miura is a pretty unfair example, one that shouldn't be applicable when it comes to modelling mass production EU/US cars. In most cases, I'm sure they'd be sourced by the manufacturer to model in an optimal environment, either at PD HQ or elsewhere in the world. And if it means travelling, then so be it.

Regardless, T10 don't have any problems creating a more proportional list, inc. some oldies, so whatever the issues are that is stopping Polyphony from creating a more balanced list can clearly be overcome somehow.

It probably happens more often than you might think. For example, the Caterham Fireblade that first appeared in GT4 was also a privately owned vehicle. It belonged to Richard Meaden, a writer for evo, your country's finest car magazine(imho).

evo did a feature on the making of GT4 at the time, and Kaz had fallen in love with Meaden's R500, which featured some custom carbon fiber parts, such as the steering wheel. KY had referred to the Caterham as 'the superlightest.'

If PD was going to the UK anyway, then why weren't they able to just get a car directly from Caterham? Who knows, but they ended up having to use a privately owned car that time. It probably happens in other instances too.

No it doesn't. All I said was that you would be disappointed if you thought GT6 would have a greater foreign car to Japanese car ratio than in GT5. That is a very simple point, straightforward and direct. Never did I say whether I actually cared about this ratio.

Seriously? Why don't you go ahead and read the quote just above this one? And this one as well while you're at it.

There's a difference? The fact that the GT series historically has an imbalance in cars in favour of Japan, I do not see why GT6 would be any different. Furthermore, the reasons you gave I have already made a rebuttal to, in the post you just quoted.

Yes, and I never said anything about whether I cared about that ratio either? All I was saying was it's a good start, don't you agree? Anyway I was only telling you what you told me, though I included unless you like a higher ratio of Japanese cars. I wasn't accusing you or assuming you of anything.

Yes seriously. Where do I say you're heading for disappointment if there is less Japanese cars? Because you specifically say "Ask me again", and none of the quotes or text you showed me show me saying/implying anything like this. The closest thing I said is that you're heading for disappointment like you told me, unless you like a higher ratio of Japanese cars also.

Expecting something in the game without any evidence, then the game doesn't include that feature, that's leading to disappointment. You're expecting something to be there without question.
Hoping something is in the game without any evidence, then the game doesn't include it, can release a mixed emotion. Some people would get there hopes up too much which would lead to some disappointment, while others would see it as a bonus.

Okay fair enough. Finally I think they would alter this imbalance somewhat but not entirely, this is because times are changing. Gran Turismo now has Forza breathing down their neck with a car selection which is praised upon. Japans sales of Gran Turismo are around a 1/4 of American sales. Including a more diverse range of vehicles will help boost world wide sales and why wouldn't they do this at a hard economic time? However there is always going to be imbalance but it would much more sense to decrease this.

Last edited:
I wasn't accusing you or assuming you of anything.
This...
The closest thing I said is that you're heading for disappointment like you told me, unless you like a higher ratio of Japanese cars also.
...and then this?
Expecting something in the game without any evidence, then the game doesn't include that feature, that's leading to disappointment. You're expecting something to be there without question.
Hoping something is in the game without any evidence, then the game doesn't include it, can release a mixed emotion. Some people would get there hopes up too much which would lead to some disappointment, while others would see it as a bonus.
Disappointment or not, I'm still questioning your reasoning on why there will be more foreign cars in GT6, something I confronted to you twice now, and I have yet to see a response from you.

This...

...and then this?

Disappointment or not, I'm still questioning your reasoning on why there will be more foreign cars in GT6, something I confronted to you twice now, and I have yet to see a response from you.

All i said was if unless you don't like a higher ratio of Japanese cars in a game, you're going to be disappointed in a game that does that, that's not an accusation that's just common sense. Why is this so confusing? If you don't care about how many Japanese cars are going to be in the game, something I never said you did or didn't by the way, then you're not going to be disappointed are you? Why is this statement such a big deal to you? If anything, your assumption was more inaccurate and I could flip the same questions round to you.

Again just like last time, none of those links actually show you asking that. The only time you asked me that was in your post before this, and if you looked carefully at my past post, I have already answered it for you.

Last edited:
All i said was if unless you don't like a higher ratio of Japanese cars in a game, you're going to be disappointed in a game that does that, that's not an accusation that's just common sense. Why is this so confusing? If you don't care about how many Japanese cars are going to be in the game, something I never said you did or didn't by the way, then you're not going to be disappointed are you? Why is this statement such a big deal to you? If anything, your assumption was more inaccurate and I could flip the same questions round to you.
My original post was that you would be disappointed for thinking that what we currently see as GT6's car list was a "good start." To which I responded that you'd be disappointed given the reasoning you gave us. I don't even know why you decided to say that I would be disappointed, because I wasn't expecting anything that would blow me out of the water after the partial disappointment with GT5's car list. Certainly not being negative, more like being realistic.

But if you want (and we should), let's move on from this...
and if you looked carefully at my past post, I have already answered it for you.
What, this?
Okay fair enough. Finally I think they would alter this imbalance somewhat but not entirely, this is because times are changing. Gran Turismo now has Forza breathing down their neck with a car selection which is praised upon. Japans sales of Gran Turismo are around a 1/4 of American sales. Including a more diverse range of vehicles will help boost world wide sales and why wouldn't they do this at a hard economic time? However there is always going to be imbalance but it would much more sense to decrease this.
Fairly simple. Last I checked, PD didn't care about competition. Presumably, the only time PD will ever care about competition is when another racing simulator comes onto the PlayStation platform. Even so, they should know that simply adding more foreign cars will not do any good, because currently, racing simulators are so much more than just simulators. But hey, they might be working on a livery editor for GT6 and we might not even know it.

Worried that outside of Gran Turismo Award winners from car shows, the only cars revealed to be in GT6 so far are Japanese (BRZ) or Korean (The two Hyundai). Looks like more of the same from PD for GT6. Just like Madden NFL, Final Fantasy and other game series that have lost the way I'll simply vote with my wallet.

Well, going to Korean cars is, in my opinion, an improvement. I think it would be interesting as well to see a few Chinese and Taiwanese cars in the game. You know, cars that no racing game would normally have.

Hyundai and Kia have been doing a better job in the past 5 years emulating the types of Japanese cars of old that people would actually want to have in a racing game than the Japanese have, so if PD focuses on those two brands it can only lead to an improvement in my opinion.

Back