Let's see those desktops (rev 4.0)

• Thread starter Sage
  • 11,075 comments
I am a background geek, I think I change it every other week, on all 3 computers I use.

This is what my laptop currently looks like....enjoy.

For now:

capturegmq.jpg

Yes, I'm using WMC. Too lazy to download iTunes onto my RC partition.

desktopzk.jpg

Been obsessed with quality music as of lately. I seem to enter a different time and space when I listen to good music. As if I'm on drugs, and I'm not joking around. Today while watching House MD I discovered a new band, The Dead Texan, and they make such beautiful music. I kept on listening while my mind seemed to wonder off into space. So my desktop is a little bit Pink Floyd, music, space something like that-kinda topic styled lately. Don't like it that much, but I love the big wallpaper.

Oh Hai Guys, not been in here for a while.

3953769789_cd4a88474f_o.png

Yeah that's Ubuntu 9.04. I installed it using a sweet little program called Wubi so it runs like it's on a partition but it isn't. Great way to try out Ubuntu if you never have before. Not really much customization here, Changed the fonts, messed with the layout abit but no extra programs running. Taskbar on the Left, System Tray like Arrangement on the Right. Both set to Autohide but it leaves that few pixels sticking out so you can tell where the bar is.
Wallpaper - A Lovely Day (InterfaceLIFT)

Nice Desktop as usual Bram!

Hey, where do you get your wallpapers from? Yours isn't really my cup of tea, but that's a fine piece of art none-the-less 👍

surely you mean .net?

And they do make some very awesome desktop images, I would say half of my desktops come from that site. Personally I prefer their earlier work, the 05/06 galleries are epic.

EDIT: If anyone is looking for some very nice landscape walls, Andywon on Flickr is brilliant. Usually I see photographers of his standard never upload large images but this guy is very desktop friendly.

Last edited:
My first XP Desktop in a while.

3960528777_1816cae012_o.jpg

Not been into the whole desktop thing as of late, probably because I'm at college and I don't have the time. Although I have missed looking at something new all the time.

Dual monitor desktops are hard to capture - the one on the right is actually my laptop screen, which is why I don't have a continuous desktop across both monitors.

desktopss.jpg

That looks awesome Cody! 👍

Thanks. It is hard as hell to find good multi-monitor wallpapers. Only thing that has been getting on my nerves with the setup is Display Fusion's Multi Monitor is a bit touchy. I still have yet to find as slick of integration for managing windows across both screens as I did in Litestep. However, using Windows as the shell as more perks than draw back at the moment.

As for Arcs, I've begun editing the code for mine to remove things I don't need, such as the battery indicator. I've also changed the position of some elements, and understand how it is all laid out now - Polar coordinates using Pi for the reference math.

Quick look now that I've edited it some...

Arcssetup.jpg

Last edited:
Might change again when some new decent wallpapers arrive at Deviantart. I'm very keen on wallpapers, and few of them actually make my desktop look exactly like I want. The last one I really really liked was the one I posted in the beginning of September. Anyway:

desktopzb.jpg

Back