Let's see those desktops (rev 4.0)

• Thread starter Sage
  • 11,075 comments
As far as I know, Rainmeter runs problem-free on W7 so that's a green. As for Rocketdock, it should work as it comes with both an XP and Vista compatibility mode. Some have minor troubles with Rocketdock in W7, others not. I'd just give both a try and see which of them works. There are many skins for Rainmeter that act as a dock as well in which you can set your custom applications đź‘Ť An example is Orange Agency FB.

The Rainlendar is a bit hard to see, but that will be fixed.

Thanks, Bram. đź‘Ť I've probably said that too many times today. :lol:

Here's mine, I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible while not adding too much to the standard OS;

Click to enlarge

I'm going for a darker wallpaper next time, this one is too bright at night time. Having said that I might just have the Reventon images folder on a 5 minute cycle.

OK. Noob here. I want my Vista to look as slick and as awesome as bram's XP does.

I'd like to know how I can do all this modding and custom sets stuff.

Is it a new trend to have the time and date in giant type? :lol: I'm liking the wallpaper đź‘Ť

You don't need to see the clock on a Mac, it does everything so quickly you've always got spare time.
or
Good job your calendar is so big so you can see your put downs coming from the late 90's :sly: I'm here all week! ;)

On a more serious note, why do I have a clock widget when I've got one in the top right? I've never understood that.

picture1qt.png
picture12na.png

I changed mine after installing Snow Leopard;

Click for full

Last edited:
desktopjue.jpg

Yes, I know I'm missing the Finder bar on the left and the toolbar on the right of the taskbar. I got a theme for Objectbar that looked insane, you wouldn't even notice I'm running XP. But it started to behave just why I hate it so much; my icons popping up everywhere, my wallpaper dissapearing. So I just went with a simple dock and a visual style. Major props to the designer of this visual style, he did an amazing job at recreating Mac OS X Leopard. (iLimited?)

Your old one looked miles better Bram, these imitation desktops annoy me because they will never run as they were intended due to the differences in the operating systems.

Your old one looked miles better Bram, these imitation desktops annoy me because they will never run as they were intended due to the differences in the operating systems.

Mine does :D

Since I'm not running an imitation taskbar but just a Mac-like visual style, I don't have to put up with all the finder stuff that I don't have, which is indeed unneccessary. Got to have variation though, I'm growing a little bit tired of Rainmeter at the moment.

I meant the way the entire system operates, not just the desktop.

As for Rainmeter, how could you get rid of it when it looks oh so good? :drool:

I didn't. I just unchecked the activation upon XP start-up. Rainmeter is light, yes, but the skin I used on the last page was a pure memory hog, and it's position was a 🤬 Don't get me wrong, Rainmeter is awesome, but for now I'll give it a rest untill I've found some new combos :D

ok ok I've tried searching and instead of being a dunce and making a whoooole new thread I'll reduce this possibly, massively asked asked question into a post instead.... How does one simply remove the trash can from their desktop?

ok ok I've tried searching and instead of being a dunce and making a whoooole new thread I'll reduce this possibly, massively asked asked question into a post instead.... How does one simply remove the trash can from their desktop?

Why not just hide it?
Right click anywhere in the desktop, arrange icons----->and uncheck show desktop icons

Back