Let's see those desktops (rev 4.0)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sage
  • 11,083 comments
  • 786,670 views
Wall.PNG
 
My setup's not fancy at all like some of these other really well done desktops but:

DESKTOP-1.jpg

I wish I had the time and knowledge to make my desktop like some of yours, damn.
 
^ According to the website it works with XP SP2. It might not have all features though.
 
^ According to the website it works with XP SP2. It might not have all features though.

Sweet! It'll work with mine if it doesn't need Administrator privilidges
 
Got the full-res picture by chance?
 
I have the original from GT5, and that one, photoshopped, which is 1280x720

I can send you whichever one
 
Can I have both?!? That is one awesome picture!

@VANDENAL
Rainmeter works on XP. I'm running it on my laptop with XP Home SP3 without any problems.
 
Capture.PNG
 
New wall, dock, icons.

Screen%20shot%202011-09-30%20at%201.41.30%20AM.png
 
This is my desktop. I prefer to have most things hidden as I us a projector as a screen. Having floating widgets on the wall is pretty cool because the black background cannot be seen with the curtains closed so it looks all futuristic and stuff.

6202840752_16ff3f4638_b.jpg
 
unled1vk.jpg


Messing around with rainmeter and omnio. Does anyone know how to change each square description?
 
If it's a Rainmeter skin you should be able to right click the square (if it's an own variable), and go into "edit skin". That is if it's a variable, if it's a fixed Rainmeter skin you might be able to alter it in Photoshop and place it as a .png in the Rainmeter files. Then you might be able to replace the .png files around in the skin menu.
 
Thanks Bram, but no luck. I was able to access the edit skin of the square, but was not able to change the square displayed description/name.
 
It's been a long long time since I changed my desktop.

6205237882_e2dd51998a_b.jpg

Forgot the iTunes player :P
 
Last edited:
Nice. Can I just suggest one thing? If you right-click on you desktop, and choose hide icons, it will hide the recycle bin. There's no need for it to be showing, as you already have it showing with SimpleMedia (where it says 246 items 1.65G).
 
Can I have both?!? That is one awesome picture!

@VANDENAL
Rainmeter works on XP. I'm running it on my laptop with XP Home SP3 without any problems.

Doesn't work on my laptop. I'm not an admin :ouch:. I tried all the work arounds with no luck.
 
New one.

desktopor.png
 
Owkey, I don't know what happened with this one :dunce:
 
BNXsd.jpg


My graphics card is starting to fail, so I down to downgrade to a single monitor... :( I miss all that extra space.
 
Nice. Can I just suggest one thing? If you right-click on you desktop, and choose hide icons, it will hide the recycle bin. There's no need for it to be showing, as you already have it showing with SimpleMedia (where it says 246 items 1.65G).

Thanks for the feedback. I kinda like having the recycle bin there, but as you say, it is useless so I am going to revise my desktop.
 
desktopzo.png

Ignore the iTunes mini player, it's not always there.
 
Back