• Mode: Online Event: Expert Class PP 700 / PRO
  • Game Spec: SpecIII
  • Physics: Professional
  • Track: Fuji
  • Car: Open

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • The yellow line is the track boundary, any part past the yellow line (asphalt or not) is not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind, God will strike you down with a bolt of lightning if you do
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Clutch is allowed

Level Ground Event Specifics:

This event is designed to give a wider group of racers the opportunity to race closely with each other. There will be a target laptime range announced shortly after the new events have been running, and participants are asked to choose any car that they are able to use to typically run laps in the target range. We expect that racers in this event are participating because they enjoy close racing much more than winning, and so if you show up with the intention of running faster times than the rest of us, we will all wish you the best of luck by yourself at the front :cheers:

Clutch use is permitted, and any car is allowed, so long as you are within or reasonably close to the target laptime range. If you are unable to lap as fast as the specified range, you will at least have the pleasure of being able to race closer to and longer with the group that is in the range- moreso than you would in typical events.

• Event Begins: Saturday, May 1st
  • Target lap times announcement: Friday, April 30th
  • Target Lap Time Range: 1'40.000 - 1'42.000

Race chat:

Lap times and replays:

See you on the track! :cheers:

KimJong-TeamAmerica.jpg

Last edited:
"[spyrrari] ooooowwww lads,you are going to get wasted tomorrow when i put my NSX on the track.....
hope you will have your mama's close,cause weeping will be happnin for ya fellas.... "

:lol:Too funny!!!:lol:

Looks like different start times so all is well with the evil genius.
KimJong-TeamAmerica.jpg

If I fall behind I'll use the high sign.
team_america.gif

That was a good race.. I was the [OFFLINE] guy... also was 2 race in 4 months.. lol

Last edited:
1'41.417 Ferrari 599 (Rosso Scuderia) should fall nicely into the 1'40 / 1'42 ()

Phillip.

I got a 1.41.436 in free run using the SL 55 AMG

Now thats a car that must be fun at Fugay, good pick I'll try that out tomorrow.

Yeah, yeah ,yeah I know its slow'ish but the idea here is to be consistant in the 1'41,s not how fast you can get, good combo EBK.

Phillip.

Egghead and volcano; fun racing with you. :)👍

One session had a whack of drifters which left only 3 of us racing:tdown:

Egghead and volcano; fun racing with you. :)👍

One session had a whack of drifters which left only 3 of us racing:tdown:

Yeah it was good fun 👍

Got my F40 down to 1.40.2. Really great car :drool:

Im joining xx20
EDIT: I just getting disconnected

Last edited:
We just had some 5 lap battle with Egghead and some player from GTeXd :)
Too bad online in GT5P works bad lately ...

I am at work but may jump on this evening.

Yeah, yesterday quite a few 'disconnected from host'; and 'disconnected from server', but still got in some heated races.

I think I prefer the 5 lap events to the 10 lap events; more opportunity to 'mix it up' 👍:dopey:

Has anyone experienced a lot of drifters showing up at this event's posted times'?

Has anyone experienced a lot of drifters showing up at this event's posted times'?

I've noticed a lot of drifters in most races I've joined. Nothing more annoying than most of the grid peeling off at the start leaving 3 or 4 cars racing!! Not that 3-4 car races aren't as good, I just like getting in the thick of the pack and having some close wheel to wheel action!

I think it's about time PD sorted an event for the drifters!!

I think it's about time PD sorted an event for the drifters!!

Or at least create an online event for them to keep them off the tracks where racing actually happens :)

Imagine if all the drifters were only allotted so many tires :)

We just had some 5 lap battle with Egghead and some player from GTeXd :)
Too bad online in GT5P works bad lately ...

Jumped on at lunch for a few quick races. Lots of "fail to connect" so I jumped around a bit on the start times between this event and the unrestricted 700pp event. Stayed in the F40 so it didn't really matter which event I was in.

It would be nice to see this event take off, it's a great concept.

Canucks are on tonight 👍, so I probably won't get much racing in.

Canucks are on tonight , so I probably won't get much racing in.

I guess the Canucks were actually a bit 'off' last night :)

Just kidding; hope the Canucks toast the Hawks in the series.

The Habs will try more 'hold on' hockey ce soir; but the edge of seat online racing will still happen between periods of edge of seat Habs watching!

Will Halak stand on his head again?

You'd think drifters could/would choose an odd event start time like :03; :13; etc.
I wonder what GTP_ers who drift think?

We don't, or at least I don't, choose a starting time like how the grip races are run. We go into a chat room, wait until everyone is ready, and then someone says go. With that system, it's random whatever organized race we might end up in.

Sometimes when noone else is on except for drifters, I tend to drive slowly behind them and just watch lol(sometimes it takes a while for them to figure out I want to be behind them)

Back