Lewis Hamilton challenge - which club are you in?

• Thread starter AlexDB9
  • 178 comments

Which club are you in?

• Noob here - haven't even bronzed them all

Votes: 22 8.9%
  • All-bronze

Votes: 16 6.5%
  • All-silver

Votes: 57 23.2%
  • All-gold

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Pfft that was easy - All-diamond baby!

Votes: 61 24.8%

• Total voters
“I didn’t get diamond on my GT Sport Lewis Hamilton dlc!”
“My barista didn’t even bother to make a design in the foam on my vanilla latte!”

People today need to toughen up. It’s the entitlement bit. Many people believe they are entitled to success by participation alone.
You appear to feel this way.
You stop it.

Lets have a contest. Who can be the biggest entitled baby. I think you're winning. But hey, feel happy, because at least you had to do more than participate to get that success. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lets have a contest. Who can be the biggest entitled baby. I think you're winning. But hey, feel happy, because at least you had to do more than participate to get that success. :rolleyes:

In the time it took you to post, you might have earned a bronze on the Lewis Hamilton challenge.
Yes, I beat Lewis using TCS3. No, that type of achievement doesn’t happen by merely making a PS network purchase.
The satisfaction defeating him gave me was nice.
I set a goal, worked hard, finally achieved my goal, then I felt good.
I didn’t buy the dlc, and Try it once or twice, realize it’s hard, fail, then come online and snivel about it, then argue when others try to help.
I didn’t criticize the game for asking for a little bit of effort in order to receive a reward.
That’s all you.

Have a nice day.

I'm a paying customer. I have the right to complain. You act as if I don't.

For your information I got silver on the DLC. I've invested plenty of time into to know that my complaints about the DLC are valid. But you live in high and mighty land and insist that they're not and the only reason you can give is because Lewis Hamilton.

You never even gave me a chance to even further explain where I was coming from before diving right into condescension. "Oh look he thinks it too hard, he must be entitled!" No wonder I've never liked you and always thought you were an ass.

Some of GT1/2 license tests were even more difficult than LH challenge. I know it took me 1.5 years to fully gold all of them, playing every day for a few hours.

A lot of old games also have a steep difficulty curve. Many racing games on PS1, I never even completed past the first stage (e.g. Driver 1's garage level). Some have cheat codes to unlock stuff, but a lot also doesn't and everyone was fine with it back then.

These days, every game is a lot easier. The gold times for licenses have been very easy from GT6 onwards. There are microtransactions if you can't be bothered to grind for cars as well. The LH challenge reminds me of those tough older games, where getting gold/diamond actually meant something and not just a token "everyone can be a winner" mentality that is so pervasive in today's society. I don't want to sound elitist, but I don't want to be overly entitled to everything either.

The last challenge in GT series that are close to this level were the Seb Vettel challenges in GT5, and guess what, that was also driven by a 4 time champ. It gives the time trials more cachet when you have to beat the actual lap driven by a world champion, rather than just an AI setting a laptime and then slapping their name on it. Once you finally do beat it though, you can honestly say you beat an actual F1 champion. OK it's not in real cars under equal conditions and equal practice time, but it still MEANS something more tangible than winning races against GT zombie AI.

I know it's tough and it sucks if you can't get the rewards. I'm 4 diamonds short of getting my hands on the LH VGT. Being an OCD completionist that I am, it frustrates me that I may never get that car. But if I'm not fast enough, then I'm not fast enough. I respect that and it just makes me even more in awe of Lewis' talents, as well as the GT aliens who can go even faster than Lewis :)

Last edited:
Long time player, first time posting here in eons. Only recently back into GT Sport, so gave this ago to see how talent I had - not a great deal it would seem.

I have 1 Gold, 8 Silver and 1 Bronze at Panorama (which infuriates me).

Got my Gold at Nordschliefe this evening, cue much fist pumping. I need a new left thumb now

Edit: 2 Gold 8 Silver. Average of 2 seconds a lap to Gold. Going to take time.

Last edited:
Officially in the All-Gold Club (Finally!)

Immediately bought the Ford Mark IV like I originally set out to to. Only slightly angry that all the cars I want are so expensive. Grinding isn't enjoyable for me anymore. Bring back seasonal events so I can love everything in the game.

20,000,000 credits becomes a lot when you also want every other car in the game.

--

I'm also a little under halfway to all diamonds. Nurburgring GP seems to be the hardest to me by far, and I just hate the way the car handles around every corner.

I don't think my driving style is really compatible with the car overall - similar to the way I can't use any of my friend's setups in other games. Usually (almost) neutral rear camber and minimal front & rear toe. Slightly less locked diff to balance it all out. Gotta accept that it's always going to feel off.

From what I could change...
T150 and T3PA Pedals (w/ Conical Brake Mod)
ABS: Weak
FFB Max Torque: 3
FFB Sensitivity: 9

A long way from using Max FFB, default abs and no brake mod.

I have officially promoted myself to the All Gold club!

It’s amazing to see how far I have come from about a year ago when I was B rated and using Automatic (I started in April last year). About a year ago, I was fighting just to get all Silver.

I set out to get all Gold earlier this week when there were no available lobbies for the Nations Red Bull Jr race and someone had gotten All Gold on my timeline. So I went ahead and worked on each track until I got Gold, then moved on to another track.

DTS and Maggiore were unsurprisingly easy, and I posted a scruffy lap at Monza that was still good for Gold. Interlagos and Big Willow were not too bad (surprising because I usually get destroyed at the former track in FIA). Nordschleife was also not too difficult (taking Super GT’s advice of staying in 3rd as much as possible). The remaining four, oh boy....

Brands Hatch was really infuriating, as I kept screwing up Paddock Hill over and over. Suzuka was also a pain, as I kept understeering off at one of my weaker circuits.

But the real banes of my existence were Bathurst and Nurburgring GP. Bathurst because the level of precision was absolutely INSANE. I kept binning it at either the Cutting or the downhill section and I’m pretty sure my Gold lap still involved slamming one of the walls at the downhill esses or the Dipper. I spent a lot of time cursing and swearing at Bathurst. Nurburgring GP, on the other hand, was a pain because I just could not stand the constant understeer of the AMG. My driving style was rather incompatible with both car and track, to the point that I was often down on Hamilton by at least 5-8 tenths down by the end of Sector 1, and a full second down out of turn 7.

I spent one to two hours gradually whittling down my time to finally get the final Gold and with it, the W08, 20 mil credits and the credit cap boost to 100 mil. I’m good with just all Gold, because I definitely do not have the pace to match a 7-time world champion. XD

Today, I became a Diamonds Only Member of the Lew Hamilton Club!! Oh it feels amazing. This wasn't a cake walk for me. I'm an high A low A+ skilled driver and this was not an easy challenge. Pretty sure I put in 1000 laps at Big Willow to beat Lewis. LOL. No joke, had to be 1000. I was very happy that it only took a couple hours to beat him at Nordschleife for the final diamond. Beat him by a mere 2 thousandths, lol.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210913130030.png

Attachments

• Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210913125643.png
    Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210913125643.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Today, I became a Diamonds Only Member of the Lew Hamilton Club!! Oh it feels amazing. This wasn't a cake walk for me. I'm an high A low A+ skilled driver and this was not an easy challenge. Pretty sure I put in 1000 laps at Big Willow to beat Lewis. LOL. No joke, had to be 1000. I was very happy that it only took a couple hours to beat him at Nordschleife for the final diamond. Beat him by a mere 2 thousandths, lol.

View attachment 1080077
That's awesome!!! I'm similar ranking and also took at least 1000 attempts at Big Willow. All that effort just makes the final achievement so much more sweet.

2 Thousanths!!!! Amazing

Finally downloaded it a couple of weeks ago. Most golds were reasonably straight forward. Big Willow and Nurb GP took the longest.

I have diamond at DTS and Monza and I feel like the Nordschleife, Lago Maggiore and Brands Harch are within reach. The others feel a long way off. Particularly Bathurst where I am generally pretty good, and Big Willow. My goodness those laps seems superhuman.

I bought GTS a couple of years ago and it was a fun pickup type game for me. I had a hard time at first readapting to playing a racing game (I last played heavily during GT4) but I got better. I took a long break but decided to start again about a month ago. I have since redone/completed all license and driving missions with Gold times. I am currently doing between 1 and 3 circuit experience tracks a day, taking them all to gold and not moving on until it's done. Nordschleife has been the hardest so far but I got it last weekend after a few days of trying. I didn't know the track at all and I did not like the car being used. I currently stand at about 67% gold on circuit experience. Might be finishing that up in the next week or so.

Sorry for the long winded beginning but what I am getting at is whether I stand a chance at these time trials? I am currently a DS4 player that wants to get a wheel but am holding off for now. Will the Hamilton trials be way above my level? I feel like I improve daily and I race cleaner and faster than I ever have in previous games (penalties will do that). Part of me feels like silver should be doable but I am not sure. I guess it's not too much money to give it a whirl. I just don't want to "ruin" the fun I have been having with the game with an impossible challenge.

I bought GTS a couple of years ago and it was a fun pickup type game for me. I had a hard time at first readapting to playing a racing game (I last played heavily during GT4) but I got better. I took a long break but decided to start again about a month ago. I have since redone/completed all license and driving missions with Gold times. I am currently doing between 1 and 3 circuit experience tracks a day, taking them all to gold and not moving on until it's done. Nordschleife has been the hardest so far but I got it last weekend after a few days of trying. I didn't know the track at all and I did not like the car being used. I currently stand at about 67% gold on circuit experience. Might be finishing that up in the next week or so.

Sorry for the long winded beginning but what I am getting at is whether I stand a chance at these time trials? I am currently a DS4 player that wants to get a wheel but am holding off for now. Will the Hamilton trials be way above my level? I feel like I improve daily and I race cleaner and faster than I ever have in previous games (penalties will do that). Part of me feels like silver should be doable but I am not sure. I guess it's not too much money to give it a whirl. I just don't want to "ruin" the fun I have been having with the game with an impossible challenge.
Give it a whirl.... There's no way you'll get Diamond times for at least a week, but if you're the kinda guy who posts long descriptions about grinding the circuit challenge, then you're going to love grinding for Golds in the LHC. You'll earn lots of in-game credits at each achievement, but more importantly you'll see very clearly where you suck.... So you can fix it and become a much faster driver...

If you don't believe me, get Silver on all tracks then go back and redo the circuit challenges/missions, and you will see how much your times have improved...

Grind.... improve ... grind again... win

Edit: If you think the m6 is bad, you're going to hate the AMG... The pain will make you stronger

Last edited:
Give it a whirl.... There's no way you'll get Diamond times for at least a week, but if you're the kinda guy who posts long descriptions about grinding the circuit challenge, then you're going to love grinding for Golds in the LHC. You'll earn lots of in-game credits at each achievement, but more importantly you'll see very clearly where you suck.... So you can fix it and become a much faster driver...

If you don't believe me, get Silver on all tracks then go back and redo the circuit challenges/missions, and you will see how much your times have improved...

Grind.... improve ... grind again... win

Edit: If you think the m6 is bad, you're going to hate the AMG... The pain will make you stronger
Thank you for the reply.

I'm not sure I hated the M6, we just didn't get along for a while. I could not run lower than TC 2 with the controller. I also did not know the track that well.

When I did the mission where you had to get 1st on the Nordschleife, I actually used the AMG as my GR. 3 car. I did not have the M6 and had not run circuit experience yet to see if I liked it (I saw it recommended a lot). I have read that the AMG in the Hamilton trials is not the same as the one in the main game which kind of stinks.

Thank you for the reply.

I'm not sure I hated the M6, we just didn't get along for a while. I could not run lower than TC 2 with the controller. I also did not know the track that well.

When I did the mission where you had to get 1st on the Nordschleife, I actually used the AMG as my GR. 3 car. I did not have the M6 and had not run circuit experience yet to see if I liked it (I saw it recommended a lot). I have read that the AMG in the Hamilton trials is not the same as the one in the main game which kind of stinks.

Thank you for the reply.

It's the "same car" but the Daily races always use Balance Of Power (BOP) which changes the way the car handles. For the AMG, it's much more user friendly with BOP on. Also in LHC you are restricted to hard tyres, whereas in other parts of the game you sometimes can use softer compounds

On my account gthelmi2398 I had played so much hours for getting better and better, but it was good for learning to drive without traction control.
So few months ago I started a challenge with a psn friend of mine, that I have all gold medals at one evening.
After 3 hours and five minutes I got it. Nurburgring GP, Lago Maggiore been first try.

I finally made it to the Gold Club.

I left Nurburgring GP until the end because it's not a great track for me. I think it was the most difficult one for me to get gold on.

My penultimate track for gold was on The Nordschleife. When I got gold on that I decided to stick with it and managed to get my first diamond time, by exactly 0.020 seconds 😨. I'm not convinced I'll get many more diamonds, but I'll continue grinding just in case.

All diamond since 2019 but decided to revisit Nordschleife last night after getting motivated seeing a friend attempting these time trials for the first time. Previously had 5’38.024 which is 2,6 seconds ahead of Hamilton (5’40.622). Noticed I had pace for more than this and after a while set a nice improvement, 5’34.957.

Was pretty satisfied with that but felt “ah, what the hell, let’s do a few more, I’ve got my ghost to compete with”, and sure enough after a while I improved that one by roughly 0,700 to a 5’34.217. However, I did notice quite early on in that run that my ghost disappeared and I should’ve realised what was going on then but didn’t and kept going, finishing that lap only to discover there was no memory left and there was no replay. The devastation. Jesus christ. I can’t have a time set without a replay so in my mind I was forced to improve that time even further, there was simply no alternative. Off to delete a few old replays and back at it.

Had a couple 33’s that I messed up in the Caracciola Karussell as well as the Kleines Karussell which was quite painful. I love this mode though, I think it’s brilliant fun and very addicting. At that point I couldn’t really give up even though I was close to it (hands were starting to feel a bit of pain) as I was in a really great flow and you don’t really want to exit that flow, you know what I mean? It’s not for certain you find that flow immediately again if you return the next night. Kept going a bit more and eventually I nailed it quite nicely, 5’33.232. Not flawless (messed up the jump and fast right-hander at Pflanzgarten for example) but pretty damn good, if I may say so myself.

Back on it again after a long time away, with GT7 around the corner I felt like another crack at this.

I'm in the 2 Gold 8 Silver club (Monza and the full Ring).

My first challenge was to see if I was good enough for Diamond on Monza after seeing others say that would be the easiest to go for. Surprisingly, getting to within half a second wasnt too bad, but I would always find times where one section would be great and the other 2 average or vice versa. I inched towards the time, knowing that Ascari and Parabolica were costing me everytime. I reckoned on getting to Ascari 0.3 up would give me a chance at Diamond

Then yesterday evening something peculiar happened, i got to Ascari nearly 0.4 up, the heart starts racing as I pray I dont mess it up. Corner by corner I got closer, and got across the line 0.05 ahead, cue 'Get In' shout.

The target is Gold for the rest, some easier than others I suspect.

TLDR - I beat Monza

I'm finally able to change my vote from all gold to all diamonds, but I definitely won't say "pffft that was easy!" 😅
Awesome!!

I was the same for many months, eventually obtaining all Diamonds was my greatest achievement in this game. I'm well faster now, but still it's the best challenge in GTS and the most satisfying to beat.

Do you need a lie down?
Oooh yes, more thant that, haha. It took me 7 hours straight, 2 hours for Nordschleife alone as I still didn't know the track by heart! (and I read here and there Lewis was slow on this track so I thought it was gonna be much easier!!)
Awesome!!

I was the same for many months, eventually obtaining all Diamonds was my greatest achievement in this game. I'm well faster now, but still it's the best challenge in GTS and the most satisfying to beat.
Very satisfying indeed. The challenge is there, some tracks I found easier than expected like Willow where I needed less than 15 minutes to beat him, others were much harder like the Nord or Bathurst. Probably a question of track familiarity... and many other things.

Anyway thanks guys!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back