Lewis Hamilton challenge - which club are you in?

• Thread starter AlexDB9
  • 178 comments

Which club are you in?

• Noob here - haven't even bronzed them all

Votes: 22 8.9%
  • All-bronze

Votes: 16 6.5%
  • All-silver

Votes: 57 23.2%
  • All-gold

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Pfft that was easy - All-diamond baby!

Votes: 61 24.8%

• Total voters
All gold and two platinum for me.

That will do as I just don’t get on with the physics of the car in this trial. The understeer is INSANE and it feels like it has traction control tied to the understeer.

Don’t get me wrong though, I really enjoyed it. And learned how to control my understeer on corner entry better especially.

Got gold's (close to platinum!:dopey:) in the few events I tried but after about a week (6.5 unsuccessful platinum chasing days spent on the chicane of death...), I told the understeery bag of bollocks car to 🤬 off.

'Don't worry, you'll get there', my arse. Gimme a proper car.

9 diamonds and 1 gold... I'm .1 off the diamond at Willow and I gave up within a week of them coming out because it was repetitively doing my head in :P so basically I have 1 tenth of a second holding me back from 100 million free credits :dunce:👍 True dat :dopey:

I absolutely hate grinding (I never do more than 10 laps) plus the car is an understeering POS so I only got golds except for Nordschleife. That was by far the easiest diamond in this challenge. Only took 2 laps (gold on the 1st and diamond on the 2nd). Lewis is really slow there. It's like he was on the phone while doing it or something. I doubt very much that this is the best he can do there.

All gold. That was enough. Hammy did his times on different physics. So it was kinda rigged to begin with in my opinion.

I don't know if that's 100% true but he did set those times a long time ago so it probably is. If it is then it makes the challenge completely unfair and pointless tbh. Unless this DLC has different physics to the rest of the game (the same as when he did it). Don't know, haven't tried. But I doubt it.

Spent a couple of hours on it so far, and silvered everything. Will go for gold when I get the time. Eventually I will get the diamonds aswell. I really have to spend more time with the car, to eek out the understeer out of corners.

It is possible on DS4. I would say you have to be atleast A or A+ ranking to definitely beat the Dia times.
There's plenty of A+ drivers on my friends list who hadn't beaten the diamond times last time I looked.

I've got diamond on Monza and Dragon Trail Seaside, gold on the rest except for Nordschleife, as I can't be bothered to spend the time learning the endless sequence of anonymous looking bits of country road.

All silvers for me, really struggling with the understeer. Why does understeer have to be the default setting? At least make the cars neutral. Personally I've always preferred a good turn in and control the oversteer.

DS4 all golds and 1 dia. Initially I thought Nordschleife was impossible for me; it turned out it's by far the easiest. Set zero vibration and used nitrile gloves for my sweaty hands to beat Lewis' best by almost 3 seconds.
Now - as it seems Russian Army is slowly invading Italy to help against covid as an excuse - when I'll get the Gopnik equipment below, I think I might have a shot at the world record (5:27.6xx).
putin-640x395.jpg

There's plenty of A+ drivers on my friends list who hadn't beaten the diamond times last time I looked.

I've got diamond on Monza and Dragon Trail Seaside, gold on the rest except for Nordschleife, as I can't be bothered to spend the time learning the endless sequence of anonymous looking bits of country road.

4564_js41.jpg
Y0mZ.gif
giphy (8).gif

Blasphemy.

DS4 all golds and 1 dia. Initially I thought Nordschleife was impossible for me; it turned out it's by far the easiest. Set zero vibration and used nitrile gloves for my sweaty hands to beat Lewis' best by almost 3 seconds.
Now - as it seems Russian Army is slowly invading Italy to help against covid as an excuse - when I'll get the Gopnik equipment below, I think I might have a shot at the world record (5:27.6xx).
putin-640x395.jpg

Be happy we help you.

tenor (2).gif

DS4AD club here. It's not been exactly easy but doable with some persistence. Hats off to those who did it with a wheel ... that's beyond me :lol: !

Trust me, it's not particularly easy with a wheel either (probably because Lewis has set those times with one :lol:). I think the understeer is much more pronounced when playing with a wheel. But there are places where a wheel is, of course, incomparably better than a DS4. The CoD at Dragon Trail comes to mind the most.

You're missing out on the best and most rewarding track in the game, dude

6 silver, 4 bronze..... so can't click a button in the poll (or maybe I should click all bronze, but that's not an accurate reflection of my status, dismal as it is :lol: )

MMX
9 silver, and 1 gold. My old hands can't take the repetitiveness required to do any better, so I said to hell with it a long time ago.
Congrats on the gold..... my silvers are between 1 and 2 seconds off gold but goodness knows where they get the time from! I've raced to a sweat and still can't do it!!!

Back