Lewis Hamilton Time Trial DLC Coming to GT Sport, With Exclusive Rewards

I hate though that you can't really get into a flow since it just stops after one lap.
That's the real challenge of the hot lap. I mean, we kind of have the luxury of "heat in the tyres" per se. Just going all out for that one lap, is like a top 10 shootout or world time attack. Good job on those platinums.

I guess we all can agree, the physics are different in the TT, to what the game is today. That's an extra challenge. ;)

It’s great value! I bought cars for over 100$ as I kept getting gift cards for my birthday... With a DLC costing me 12-13 CAD and a few dozen hours of hot lapping, I’ll get 4 cars + 140000000 credits so that’s a bargain! I’m at 6 diamonds 4 golds so I’ll never need to buy DLC cars.

People seem to keep talking about platinum trophies. Am I missing something, or are people not realizing it's actually diamond?

Did you think Lewis Hamilton was slow?

How dare they give you a little bit of challenge in the Diamond and Gold times to help you improve

Other than GT4 IA15 and Mission 34, I have not really had a difficult time beating any events. I think many of us can agree that Gran Turismo events are usually not that difficult to gold, at least recently. Compare GT4 to GT Sport licences. So because I haven't really done many difficult challenges in Gran Turismo, I found this difficult.

Can i buy the DLC on my second account and play it if the game is on my main account?

And don't suggets buying it on main: it is of a different region from where i live now

Can i buy the DLC on my second account and play it if the game is on my main account?

And don't suggets buying it on main: it is of a different region from where i live now
DLC and game need to be of the same region. Otherwise it should work

They must have purposely gimped the amg with a bad setup. I don’t remember it being this bad in the mission challenge(?) section.

They must have purposely gimped the amg with a bad setup. I don’t remember it being this bad in the mission challenge(?) section.

Got a few golds but I'm losing motivation with it quick. That much under steer (which I hate) makes me not want to drive it.

I'll wait to see if PD tinker with it but if they don't, I got a few million out of it.

So eh any chance of beating these times with a pad?

GTS is really good with the ds4 so I don’t see why not...

Got a few golds but I'm losing motivation with it quick. That much under steer (which I hate) makes me not want to drive it.

Yeah it feels like it has a ton of understeer compared to the bop version even though they weigh the same. It’s also a lot rougher on curbs. Next time i’m going crank the brake bias to the rear and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Bought the DLC to support PD. Enjoying playing it and watching streamers have a go themselves.

I’ll get the Gold’s but think most of the Diamonds will be out of reach. Maybe PD will adjust some of the targets needed to get 100m credits. Or maybe not!

so i was doing some laps practicing getting the feel etc, and managed to match the gold time down to the millisecond, TWICE

20191130_000101-1.jpg
20191130_000047-1.jpg

Plenty of license tests in the past games have been one lap time trials, and license tests also weren't mandatory in GT5, for instance.
GT5 being the exception. If a player wanted to advance in the game, it was mandatory to complete those licence tests. One lap TTs are a staple in GT. The LHDLC is extra content. Similar to the bi-weekly Sport Mode TT. It's just to beat his time, more than doing a TT to advance in the game.

Again, I understand where you're coming from. It's more of a paid Arcade & Sport Mode TT, than to do with a licence test.

So how would people say the difficulty of this compares to previous GT challenges?
GT6 Senna challenges?
GT6 X2010 challenges?
GT5 X2010 challenges?
GT4 Mission 34?

Been playing since GT1 here, only skipped GT3&4. I would say it's the hardest challenge in Gran Turismo history for 3 reasons: the laptimes are super fast, it's spread over 10 tracks and your car/physics is slower than the one Lewis used.

I can't say about GT4 Mission 34 because I didn't play it. I didn't recall having much trouble with GT6 Senna challenges either. GT6 X challenge was really easy too if you keep the car on track. The closest in difficulty would be Vettel challenge in GT5, but once you get used to the speed and reaction times that was just a matter of keeping the car on track. It was also only 3 tracks vs Lewis' 10. First time I beat Vettel it took me 12 hours total, but on my second account it took me only 2 hours because I know what to do, what lines to take, etc. With Lewis, I can't even get gold on Willow. The platinum times are within 1 second of the top times and my absolute limit is usually around 2 seconds off, so this might be unbeatable for me even with infinite practice...

I expected this to be hard in the sense that Lewis only spent half an hour or so on each track, but it looks like he actually spends DAYS setting these records :crazy: Vettel probably only spent half a day total in the X2010 which explains why it's a lot more obtainable.

Last edited:
Back