Lewis Hamilton Time Trial DLC Coming to GT Sport, With Exclusive Rewards

I like to challenge but I don't now.... The gap is to big but that is also with sport mode for me don't get how people can be 2 seconds quiker then me.....

So how would people say the difficulty of this compares to previous GT challenges?
GT6 Senna challenges?
GT6 X2010 challenges?
GT5 X2010 challenges?
GT4 Mission 34?
Monza is easy if you use the curbs efficiently since Hamilton's exits are not that good.

Brands is like Senna's Lotus Brands challenge.

Willow Springs is like the Camaro GT3 license test.

Nurb GP is like the Delta @ Tahiti Maze on steroids.

Nords is the GT6 X14 fan car challenges.

Monza is easy if you use the curbs efficiently since Hamilton's exits are not that good.

Brands is like Senna's Lotus Brands challenge.

Willow Springs is like the Camaro GT3 license test.

Nurb GP is like the Delta @ Tahiti Maze on steroids.

Nords is the GT6 X14 fan car challenges.
So a proper challenge, but not as hard as GT5 X challenges?

Looking at Hamilton's lap times, I'm kinda glad I put my back out. I'm going to need a DLC for this DLC to enable tuning, racing soft tyres and possibly a power and weight change.

Maybe hire my good mate @ROCKET JOE to do the lap time for me... I'm fine with lying to people about my by proxy lap time.💡

If I'd do the lap times for you, you'd have a lot of time for remedy your arse, mate :lol:. You sure wouldn't want me around you for that long :cheers: !

I may not have to after all. Seeing that BoP is off, the lap times aren't that fast and the top split guys are proving it. There's hope for us (well, me) mere mortals.:eek:

A quick go with the pad and I was 2/10ths up at the chicane (where I crashed) and I think I got a 38.2 after 15 minutes but going through the chicane with the pad and crashing so much made me want to watch TV. I'll wait to use the wheel instead as I've forgotten how to use the pad. The twitchy so and so.:irked:

Got Diamond on DT/Monza/Interlagos/Nords/Maggiore so far. The other 5 I might never get. I could get Nurb GP/Bathurst but the other ones... Lewis should’ve signed for Ferrari!

Id play it if it were free. But I'm not spending $12 for license tests.
It's not licence tests. Not even close. Isn't required to advance in the game. However, not wanting to pay for extra Cr. is understandable. That's pretty much what it is. Nearly a Spec II extra bonus pack DLC(with a bit of work put in, to unlock the cars). Bronze each event and that's 2mil Cr. I think the initial GT Sport pre-order, offered 2.5mil Cr.(correct me if I'm wrong).

That said, the bonus cars could show up as a DWG or gifted in any one of the Campaign Mode events. Heck, all the Campaign events are almost like buying the game to unlock gift cars and amass Cr.

Do not buy. I lost my money. Game and dlc should be same region.

So my main account is a US one but I live in the UK and use a UK disc version of the game.

After seeing what you put I didn't risk buying it off the US store and instead bought it on the UK store with the intention of using it on my lesser used UK account.

It works on the UK as expected but as a bonus it also seems to work with my US account.

Parts of the Gran Turismo community are wild. You get spoiled for two years straight then have the balls to complain about some paid optional DLC that doesn’t split the user-base and costs about the same as a combo from a fast food restaurant? Give me a break.

Like damn, I’ll make myself a sandwich for work tomorrow instead of eating out and I’ll have payed for it.

This.

It's the perfect DLC because it doesn't affect one's ability to join the online fun, it's pure choice, you're not missing out on anything. i paid $55 for a game i have used for 2 years ... jeeeeeez. What a bunch of babies.

Purchasing DLC like this is obviously a personal choice. I don’t think anyone on either side of the argument has the right to dictate what players do with their money. We have the right to vote with our wallets. I just wish people would stop mocking each other over this.

I'm not mocking the decision not to pay for it, that is a personal choice. I won't pay for it as it doesn't really interest me.

I am mocking the crying about the content having a cost. It's absolutely childish.

Last edited:
I am finding Monza by far the easiest. I am far from an Alien (currently B rank) and with a bit more practice I should be able to. I finished 0.2 behind Lewis' time but had a penalty from a minor corner graze so it didn't count. Best time is a solid gold, though.

I reckon with practice I'll gold them all, but diamond is a big fat nope for me.

My only irk with having to pay for it is that it's kind of annoying that the credit cap is locked behind a paywall...

Is there any proof that Hamilton did these lap times?
I highly doubt that he actually did...
You mean because it's surprising that people in their 50s are able to beat a 6 time F1 world champion who owns 4 GTS sim rigs? I suspect they limited him to different amounts of time or laps for each one, to create a range of difficulties. If they gave him a version of the game where he can drive against the ghost of the #1 player once it has been out for a month, say, so he can see where he was losing time, and he spent several hours on each track, he'd almost certainly do times that very few people would be able to beat.

Here he is driving the Nurburgring GP course back in 2017:
Wasn't this lap time quite easy to beat?
Must say that i never tried this combo, but now after numerous physics changes it's inaccurate anyway.

I understood that the lap time of Willow Springs is nearly Alien level...:odd:

Could say the same about Vettel's Time Trial in GT5.

Last edited:
I really have my doubts about the physics and griplevel. I don't compare myself with Lewis but his car seems to have better grip and better turnin. If I brake at certain corners our try to hold speed at Willow in the long righthander, I simply can't keep up. Lewis his cars just seem to bé able to brake later and carry more speed through the corners. Really hope PD addresses this issue (if it is one).

I've golded all with Nurburgring being the hardest to gold. DT and Monza platinum.

I am not sure if I'll be able to platinum all challenges but I'll surely give it a try. I hate though that you can't really get into a flow since it just stops after one lap.

I really have my doubts about the physics and griplevel. I don't compare myself with Lewis but his car seems to have better grip and better turnin. If I brake at certain corners our try to hold speed at Willow in the long righthander, I simply can't keep up. Lewis his cars just seem to bé able to brake later and carry more speed through the corners. Really hope PD addresses this issue (if it is one).

I've golded all with Nurburgring being the hardest to gold. DT and Monza platinum.

I am not sure if I'll be able to platinum all challenges but I'll surely give it a try. I hate though that you can't really get into a flow since it just stops after one lap.
Supposedly, his times were done with the previous physics model. They were done a year or more ago if you look at his look/attire in the vids associated with the TT DLC.

Back