LEXUS LF-LC GT “Vision Gran Turismo”

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 359 comments
A little oversteery, but golded the event in 2 laps. Suits my driving a lot and I love the looks.

Shame we can't get black with the rainbow splash though.

hsv
The stock setup is abysmal.

Once tuned, once set up properly, this thing is insane. Not just for GT3, but altogether. It's insane.

Has anyone created a proper setup for the Lexus yet? I'd be interested to see how good it can be, if it's not powersliding all over the damm place...

Pink works really well, actually, although I prefer a more pastel / baby pink, e.g. GT pasteltone 010 has a slightly more orangey hue to it (like the "Pink Panther" Land Rovers).

The polarised paints are a giggle, too (e.g. GT polarized 010-P). :P
Ill have to try those out, and maybe þry Raspberry pearl from the i-Miev

hsv
Basic setup from memory:

Middling/hard springs both front and rear.
Comp/Ext 5/4 front, 7/6 rear.
ARB 3/6.
Toe 0.00/0.00.

LSD 7/12/25.

Downforce 400/775.
I can't remember how to read the suspension settings (under or oversteer; which settings are "backwards" in the game etc.), but that diff setting is ... interesting!

Then again, this car is a bit too eager to rotate. You've got me interested in trying to tune it now, and that never happens...

just did the Seasonal Event for this car. And I have to say, I'll agree with the consensus around here. The car sounds amazing. There's this secondary sound that you here, especially when you decelerate and shift down gear. There's this whining sound that really catches your ear. I don't know where is that coming from (could be from the hybrid system or the transmission or something else), but it just sounds brilliant. And the exhaust note is really something to note. Once I got the car, I looked at the spec sheet. 612hp with about 1080kg, and it's only 627PP? hmmm, that's a little odd for a race car.

So I think the cause of the horrendous "lift off oversteer" is the hybrid system recharging... Hence the crazy decel setting required on the diff, because it appears to recharge through the driven wheels only.

Interestingly, you can recharge the "battery" pretty easily, and there is very little drop in power once it's "flat". Did they get the numbers the wrong way around?

After a very quick faff, I got just about driveable results with the springs set 60:40 front:rear (same total stiffness as stock), downforce 40:60 (I hate aero understeer, but it really helps here) and damper / ARBs to suit. DS3, no ABS (9:6 BB). Diff something like 5 / 10 / 20.

Seems like an abomination of a setup, to me.

The main problem is that the recharging is not consistent. There are driving style things you can try to help, such as change to a higher gear just before braking (to force the recharging to cut out sooner), holding the high gear towards the apex. Another thing is trailing throttle, which can allow for a more open diff and perhaps allow for more sensible suspension settings. Minimising trail braking helps, especially without ABS.

just did the Seasonal Event for this car. And I have to say, I'll agree with the consensus around here. The car sounds amazing. There's this secondary sound that you here, especially when you decelerate and shift down gear. There's this whining sound that really catches your ear. I don't know where is that coming from (could be from the hybrid system or the transmission or something else), but it just sounds brilliant. And the exhaust note is really something to note. Once I got the car, I looked at the spec sheet. 612hp with about 1080kg, and it's only 627PP? hmmm, that's a little odd for a race car.

That would be the Hybrid system, its basically the same thing you hear with the TS030. Seems more pronounced and audable on this car though.

That would be the Hybrid system, its basically the same thing you hear with the TS030. Seems more pronounced and audable on this car though.

Knew it. I haven't driven the TS030, but I was 80% sure that the whining sound was coming from the hybrid system, because I immediately noticed that there's a battery meter on the HUD, indicating that the car has an electric motor. I figured it would have an interesting feature that normal cars don't have.

That aside, what I did also notice from the Lexus VGT was its performance. It has trouble gripping at 1st and 2nd gear (unlike other race car VGT such as its cousin Toyota FT-1 VGT and the BMW VGT which have more grip), but once it gets up to speed in 3rd, it's nothing short of brilliant.

All I did to ease lift off oversteer, was to set rear toe to .25. Any rear toe from .50 and closer to 0.0 on this car, does better to ease the oversteer. That's what I found in my tuning.

I wish that you could change the gearings...
All racecars in GT6 has long gearings by default...
especially the FT-1

I wish that you could change the gearings...
All racecars in GT6 has long gearings by default...
especially the FT-1
Err, you can? :odd:

Also, this thing has short gearing. It tops out far too easily.

Back