RocZX

Premium
United States
New York
Lexus-LF-NX-Concept-7%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Lexus-LF-NX-Concept-12%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Lexus-LF-NX-Concept-13%25255B2%25255D.jpg

WTF are you thinking Lexus? :scared:

It looks kind of cool but looks odd. The whole L-finesse designs from Lexus is weird looking, I just don't like it.

So far, I've been a fan of all the L-finesse Lexus.

This one... not so much.

The proportions are totally messed up. The one design element I do like, and that's just because it's unusual, is the way the DRLs seem to pierce through the front wing. On a less controversially-styled car, it would probably look quite good.

Another case of excessive styling. The second photo angle isn't too bad even though the sides have far too many creases and unnecessary lines.

I don't dislike the profile even if it does look quite gauche and the front is aggressive, but they made a fair meal of it overall.

Rear is pretty nice, anything LF-A ish on the backend is welcome.

Thee front is a train wreck like most other Lexi at the moment. But its a concept so likely will never happen.

But its a concept so likely will never happen.

Not strictly true - the production IS didn't end up significantly different from the coupe concept released the previous year (LF-CC?).

A production model probably won't be as wild as this obviously, but there is a Lexus NX on the way in the near future (RAV4 platform) so some of this concept may make its way onto the road.

Concepts in general these days are a bit more likely to make it onto the road. The days of chucking a nuclear generator in a car or some other crazy thing are pretty much gone - nowadays concepts usually give at the very least a clear indication of upcoming production styling, and are often simply previews of proper production cars (step forward, BMW).

So, Lexus were all like, "heee~ey you know who puts a whole looo~oad of lines and angles and stuff on their cars? BMW! BMW's sell looo~oads! Let's put a whole looo~oad more lines and angles and stuff on our cars and then surely we'll sell looo~oads more than BMW!" before giddily emitting a squeal and designing this monstrosity.

When are car manufacturers going to remember the simple elegance of 50s and 60s car design, which was pretty much the opposite of this.

So, Lexus were all like, "heee~ey you know who puts a whole looo~oad of lines and angles and stuff on their cars? BMW! BMW's sell looo~oads! Let's put a whole looo~oad more lines and angles and stuff on our cars and then surely we'll sell looo~oads more than BMW!" before giddily emitting a squeal and designing this monstrosity.

When are car manufacturers going to remember the simple elegance of 50s and 60s car design, which was pretty much the opposite of this.

Exactly, car design used to looks like this:
PhDKnowledge.001.jpg

Now, 75% of car designs look like this:
Lines.png

It has potential, it just needs to be scaled back massively.

I like the side profile with the sloping body line but the rest of it is just rancid.
Would probably look a bit nicer as a wagon rather than an SUV too.

Nobody is asking the most important question here; why is it plugged in to the floor?

Exactly, car design used to looks like this:

Now, 75% of car designs look like this:
[IMG]
[/QUOTE]
👍 :)

[quote="Moglet, post: 8798201"]Nobody is asking the most important question here; why is it plugged in to the floor?[/QUOTE]

That is so all the light and interior stuff will work. If you go to auto show alot of the cars that there are plugged in the same way, its so that can play around with all the features and other stuff in the car and it wouldn't drain the battery.

Last edited:
Would probably look a bit nicer as a wagon rather than an SUV too.
I agree, if you were to squish the lower 50% until it's wagon-shaped, it could look pretty snazzy. The front and rear ends even suggest the opposite has happened -- the front bumper looks like it's been stretch-armstrong'd, and the rear valence thing is comically oversized.

50's car design isn't the best example, since that was the period of time where overdone and messy detailing was at its peak (even compared to today). That's why the slab-sided styling of the Continental and Riviera and the extremely back-to-basics Corvair were so influential in everyone's attempt to get away from the 50's tackiness.

Also:

Fullscreen-capture-832013-34131-PM.bmp.jpg

Progress!

That is by far one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. In fact I found this last night on TopSpeed.com and posted it in the just "plain ugly car" thread!

That is by far one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. In fact I found this last night on TopSpeed.com and posted it in the just "plain ugly car" thread!

Cool story.

Certainly isn't as bad looking as the Aztek so not sure how it is, by far, the ugliest car you've ever seen. It is also a concept :P

I kind of like, in a weird guilty pleasure kind of way :lol:

Looks like a company drank a little too much Sangiovese and watched a little too much Batman with this concept here.

You mean the era that gave us this?

There were some clean designs then, but there were also many way overdone designs. Same as now.

Pretty much every new Lexus just looks like the designers went to a monster truck event. Saw the cars that were crushed by the trucks, and were inspired by the sights they saw.

This is just the same.

I'm a fan of Lexus, I've also liked their latest redesigns. This one, it's a shocker. :lol: As controversial as it may look, like some of you, I also think the potential is there. It is a concept after all, I'm not freaking out yet. Maybe even sort of excited.

This is the logical conclusion of a series of bad designs that have defined Lexus's styling for the past few years.

It's like cubism on amphetamines.

Lexus-LF-NX-Concept-7%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Lexus-LF-NX-Concept-12%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Lexus-LF-NX-Concept-13%25255B2%25255D.jpg

WTF are you thinking Lexus? :scared:

It looks kind of cool but looks odd. The whole L-finesse designs from Lexus is weird looking, I just don't like it.

Okay, so, instead of pedestrians getting knocked off their feet, they get sliced and diced. Does every car now-a-days have to look like Peed Racer's Mach 5? Or a Swiss Army knife in the front?

I would like to meet the person who initially thought that grille looked good. He would get the biggest back hand ever.

Back