LF: Drift Setup for Highland Performance G37

TheArtifact
Title says it all! This G37 is so bad ass looking and I want to drift it all day:D So if someone could provide me with a drift setup I'd appreciate it!

I've tried and tried, so much mechanical grip it seems it will never drift as well as say, a z34. If you find a good one, let me know but be warned I think it will be difficult.

HEP G37

Driving aids; None.
Performance Parts;
Engine Stage 3
Titanium Semi Racing Exhaust
Stage 2 turbo
Full Custom Trans
Full Custom LSD
height adj. sports suspension

Tyres
Comfort hard/soft
Or
Sports hard/soft
(whatever tyre works for you really)

SETTINGS;
AERODYNAMICS (Important for g37)
Front 15
Rear 20
Trans; 330kph
LSD;
40 60 15
Suspension;
Ride height; -16/-13
Spring rate; 8.7/8.7
Dampers; 1/2
Anti Roll; 1/1
Camber Ang; 2.0/2.5
toe angle; 0.00/0.20

this is just a STARTING POINT.
i drift with this just fine, different tyres for different tracks.

I drift this too. Its geometry is pretty bad for a drift car. I get on three wheel mid drift usually. It loves tight technical drifts though. Through it into a corner and it will stay there. 👍

I am new to drifting and seem to be able to get this car to drift pretty well. My son is really good with it and he never drifted in this game before. I am beginning to think it might be a contender with some more tweaking.

I think some peoples idea of drifting 'well' may differ from others. I'm an experienced drifter and I cant get it to 'drift' so I find it highly unlikely that your talking about anything other than a little slide and some smoke.

I think some peoples idea of drifting 'well' may differ from others. I'm an experienced drifter and I cant get it to 'drift' so I find it highly unlikely that your talking about anything other than a little slide and some smoke.

Some cars work for some. Some cars don't work for some. Plain and simple :)

Excuse me Mr. Experienced. Just to clarify, I do know the difference between sliding and drifting. I was not born yesterday. Just because you cant get it to drift doesnt mean that someone else can. Just remember, you will never know everything. There is always something new you can learn. Whether it be how to drift a car you never could or maybe something else. Dont know. Dont knock a noob if he can do something you cant.

Excuse me Mr. Experienced. Just to clarify, I do know the difference between sliding and drifting. I was not born yesterday. Just because you cant get it to drift doesnt mean that someone else can. Just remember, you will never know everything. There is always something new you can learn. Whether it be how to drift a car you never could or maybe something else. Dont know. Dont knock a noob if he can do something you cant.

It is a Self proclaimed Expert and there are too many

Some cars are preferable for drifting and some cars are not. I can hang the arse out on a NASCAR wearing comfort hards, doesn't make it suitable for drifting though does it. I've seen people supposedly 'drifting' AWD's and I'm sure they believe they are doing a pretty good job of it, others however, may beg to differ.

For the record, I wasn't knocking a Noob, but I was standing up for myself because your previous comments appeared to belittle my original one.

If you or your son or even your cousin can drift the G37, congratulations to them, they must all be considerably better drifters than me. However as I said originally and u stand by it, the G37's truly amazing mechanical grip really does reduce it's potential as an all out drift car like z34 s15 etc

you said :

I find it highly unlikely that your talking about anything other than a little slide and some smoke.

I think maybe you should have said the first time is :

the G37's truly amazing mechanical grip really does reduce it's potential as an all out drift car like z34 s15 etc.

Your original comment was basically knocking a NOOB such as myself. Not all of us are as experienced as the next guy. Now.....your second comment I do agree with.

Not trying to rain on anyones parade here. Just thought I would say hey I can get it to DRIFT, ( Not Slide with some smoke ) as you so put it.

Cheers ! 👍

TsukubaCircuit_1.jpg

TsukubaCircuit.jpg

Those pictures only serve to strengthen my point. Whilst I recognise that you are indeed sideways exiting the bend, you are still at a relatively low angle. As I said before, peoples perceptions of drifting may differ, there's nothing wrong with that. For example, chicken nuggets and chips might be my idea of cooking a nice meal, and whilst I recognise said meal would do a very fine job filling me up, I think Gordon Ramsay (sorry dont know any US professional Chefs) would hardly class that as gormet.

I'm NOT knocking you at all mate, I'm trying to make you see that, the type of drifting you proclaimed you cab do in that car, I also am able to do, however big angle, smooth exit and reverse entry are all things I have so far been unsuccessful with using the G37.

I think you mis-understood my tone, unfortunately I generally come on the forum on my iPhone which doesn't always mean I use smilies to convey my emotion.

I do not wish to continue having an internet argument with you, i'd much rather get along. I apolgise if you thought I was flaming you, I really honestly didnt wish for it to come across that way.

Last edited:
Nicely said and very mature.. I mean that... No sarcasm.

Sure the car can be drifted; its just very hard to drift and when it does, as you said, the angle is low and snap backs are common..

In short; i would rather prefer a different car over this one to drift with..

Dunno if it's what you would consider drifting but I find the G37 to work rather well by getting speed and slinging it hard into a corner with the E-Brake. Once it goes sideways it loves to stay there and ride out the rest of the corner. I may not be the quickest through the curves as I'm still a nub to this but it tends to hold a good angle to me. It's not very good at using fade or pure torque to initiate though.

Dunno if it's what you would consider drifting but I find the G37 to work rather well by getting speed and slinging it hard into a corner with the E-Brake. Once it goes sideways it loves to stay there and ride out the rest of the corner. I may not be the quickest through the curves as I'm still a nub to this but it tends to hold a good angle to me. It's not very good at using fade or pure torque to initiate though.

I agree. I am still trying to get that perfect setup. That may never happen though. I might have it as close as I am going to get it. Just for laughs I tried the silvia you can purchase at the dealer and did alot better with it. Took some time though as I am used to the way the g37 handles. I still have alot of bad habits to break though.

I agree. I am still trying to get that perfect setup. That may never happen though. I might have it as close as I am going to get it. Just for laughs I tried the silvia you can purchase at the dealer and did alot better with it. Took some time though as I am used to the way the g37 handles. I still have alot of bad habits to break though.

I highly rate the silvia's for general balance, BMW M3 or Nissan 370z are also exceptional cars in my opinion. 👍

Those pictures only serve to strengthen my point. Whilst I recognise that you are indeed sideways exiting the bend, you are still at a relatively low angle. As I said before, peoples perceptions of drifting may differ, there's nothing wrong with that. For example, chicken nuggets and chips might be my idea of cooking a nice meal, and whilst I recognise said meal would do a very fine job filling me up, I think Gordon Ramsay (sorry dont know any US professional Chefs) would hardly class that as gormet.

Let me bring some reality to this. Drifting in competition ( Japan ) is not about having your tail hanging out all over the place. The judges will tell you how tight or loose they want you to be. You have your show lines and your direct lines. Whilst reverse entry is some new fad after Kawabata brought it out to the public's eye... It's not a required technique just yet and not many courses where it can be applied. Nikko Is the most popular for this with its course upgrades.

I feel like i'm whoring my cars out here but... for example these are my lines at my tracks on the start of the main judged corner. Look at the distance I am to the Apex or away from it. Another point of reference is the tire marks on the ground the outer most dark lines is where you ride when you want to be close to the wall.

Show line (crashing into a wall not cool ... rubbing it cool lol although I have wrecked into it once)
34025_931433951788_5707395_50610746_1232345_n.jpg

165220_10100140646819498_5707395_53769018_6266313_n.jpg

168922_10100140646849438_5707395_53769019_7787307_n.jpg

166601_10100140646879378_5707395_53769021_7653204_n.jpg

At Ebisu same course setup in 13
15555_831659630328_5707395_47052013_4108829_n.jpg

15555_831659660268_5707395_47052017_6528501_n.jpg

Competition line (you don't come anywhere near the wall in order to complete the rest of the course and please the judges which are normally Miki, Kumakubo, Orido etc)
34575_931433782128_5707395_50610735_4193152_n.jpg

34575_931433802088_5707395_50610739_7123725_n.jpg

34575_931433787118_5707395_50610736_3165468_n.jpg

At Ebisu same course setup in S13
15555_831659615358_5707395_47052011_258266_n.jpg

Last edited:
I saw your car build on Skylineowners USA and another skyline forum. I drift my R33 gts25t in real life too! How disappointed are you that the car isn't in this game:(

Yea it does suck... I got a GT-R but I dont use it as its awd and not fun at all to drift as its super easy.

Thanks for the tune. I am a pretty experienced drifter and this worked on Suzuka East just fine! Without transmission mods though, its a 3 or 4 gear drift car. At least on suzuka.

HEP G37

Driving aids; None.
Performance Parts;
Engine Stage 3
Titanium Semi Racing Exhaust
Stage 2 turbo
Full Custom Trans
Full Custom LSD
height adj. sports suspension

Tyres
Comfort hard/soft
Or
Sports hard/soft
(whatever tyre works for you really)

SETTINGS;
AERODYNAMICS (Important for g37)
Front 15
Rear 20
Trans; 330kph
LSD;
40 60 15
Suspension;
Ride height; -16/-13
Spring rate; 8.7/8.7
Dampers; 1/2
Anti Roll; 1/1
Camber Ang; 2.0/2.5
toe angle; 0.00/0.20

this is just a STARTING POINT.
i drift with this just fine, different tyres for different tracks.

Back