Licence Test Tips

• Thread starter yeti
  • 31 comments
Originally posted by toler
can anyone give me a hint on how to get gold with the elise on the testcourse?
this car really makes me mad, anytime you think you´re on a good lap it suddenly goes into a nice little spin........
+30 tries and stopped counting!

This test is quite simple really...

The best tips I can give you are to take it easy round the big bends and get as much power down as you leave them as poss...

Then for the chicane tap the brake for the first right stand on the brakes for the short left and then power out and through the 3rd right... Then try to keep as much of your speed as poss round the big bend and up the straight.

If you follow the guide line for this test you'll be doing pretty well...

Once you've got a ghost... beat it...

C.

EDIT: Ok, I recently got Gold on Lesson 13. So here are my tips:

START: 4 - 5,000 Revs. Don't follow the help line. Keep to the right.

FIRST CORNER: I'm combining the "two" corners into one. Brake much later on the first lap and go in very deep. As you drive past the apex, start turning left so the side of the car hits the rumble strip at the back. Keep turning left and you should have an awesome exit line. Hit the accelerator and you'll have a great get-away from that corner. These are the PROs for this method - Braking late gives you more speed into the corner, going up to the back gives up better turning for a better exit. being deep gives you better acceleration for the next straight.

SECOND CORNER: This is a right hander after the second straight. Brake LATE. The help line tells you to brake far too early. Go in slightly deep and AVOID the rumble strip. The rumble strip gives you bad grip.

LAST STRAIGHT (not the start/finish straight): As you are coming up to the looong left hander, brake later than the help line suggests. Keep close to the inside as venturing too far out will kill your exit. When the left side barrier ends, put two wheels over the strip to give you a straighter run at the final corner. DO NOT LET GO OF THE GAS IN THE FINAL CORNER.

FIRST LAP: If you are over 01:41.000, press start and choose retry :P If you don't, you probably can still get Gold, but why? Aim for a good first lap to show you can do a good second lap. Much better this way.

OVERALL: Forget the help line. It is rubbish. Red line your gears. This can give about 0.3 extra into the first corner over a regular player's "hold X on 3-2-1". Actually, could give you up to 0.5. Overall, it'll save you a TONNE of time. I can't imagine me getting gold without it.

MANUAL: The way to go.

AUTO: Possible. Hold R2 to hold out the gears. I did my Gold this way.

Hope that helps :P

Back