What cutoff system do you prefer?

• The licenses one

Votes: 114 82.0%
  • The experience one

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • I don't really care about it

Votes: 18 12.9%

• Total voters
Nice idea, but I think it will never happen.

I wouldn't say never, but I will concede with "very strong chance it won't". :sly:

I would at least like to see the License modes take more of a step towards teaching players how to drive properly though, instead of needlessly challenging them with trivial tasks so they can unlock some cars and earn some XP.

Which gets you disqualified.
I don't like the idea of required licenses because it cuts off appeal to casual gamers who can't make a perfect lap a Nurburgring TypeV in a stock RUF CTR.

But if you think about it, that's what a crappy bronze laptime is for.

I voted XP because of one reason. IC-4, have tried to beat that license for over 4 years now. Beat as in pass the test.

I have just played GT4 and a issue came to my mind, so I decided to start this thread. In GT4 and in fact in all GT except GT5 the cutoff for the differents competitions and events was the license you have while in GT5, as we all know, this cutoff consists of your experience level. I personally think the license system was way deeper and funner, what do you think about it?

PD: Sorry if my english is not as accurate as it would be desirable

I prefer the way it was in GT2. License system limits what races you can enter, but doesn't affect what cars you can buy. One of the things that upset me about GT5 was that even though I had the money for so-and-so car, I couldn't buy it until I reached a certain level.

That goes hand-in-hand with having cars that cost 20,000,000 credits. Why? Instead of having them cost that much, make them unavailable in the dealership until you win them in a race and unlock them. Or just make them obtainable only by winning such and such race.

I prefer the way it was in GT2. License system limits what races you can enter, but doesn't affect what cars you can buy. One of the things that upset me about GT5 was that even though I had the money for so-and-so car, I couldn't buy it until I reached a certain level.

That goes hand-in-hand with having cars that cost 20,000,000 credits. Why? Instead of having them cost that much, make them unavailable in the dealership until you win them in a race and unlock them. Or just make them obtainable only by winning such and such race.

In GT4 you can also buy any car from the start. Well, some cars aren't on sale, but you could buy for example a Pescarolo at the start if you had the money.

For the people who complain about the hards licenses test. In GT4 there was a test consistent in a lap to Nordchleife with an old Mercedes in less than 10 minutes. It took me about 2 years win the bronze (Ok, I was 8 years old or so, but still, it was quite hard) so I know that feel. Even so, in GT5 the licenses test aren't that hard and all are easily completed in bronze, and the silver is not very difficult. Only a few tests (ejjem Schumacher's S ejjem) are really difficult to get gold.

Again, sorry about the English and let me know if I said something wrong.

In my opinion, the licence system in earlier GT titles was far more rewarding and challenging. PD should focus on that aspect more in GT6.

I prefer the licenses. Anyone can get experience, eventually. It takes a certain level of talent to, say, get all silver on a Super license. Unfortunately, licenses in GT5 were too easy to bronze.

This seems so biased you cant know a player based on if he's done lisences or has a lot of XP
I used to think like many that lisence restrictions were a good idea, until i realized i have yet to complete mine.. You see, i played a lot when the game came out and the sold it and deleted it from my hard drive losing everything i had done, after buying it a month ago, i didnt bother re-doing the lisences, what now..? I feel it is in someway biased, but i do believe it is one of the safest ways to restrict and seperate racers online, but still

The licenses system was better. That way, you actually have to do the licenses to do races (unlike in GT5). You also get a free car!

I think that having to earn the licenses was fun. I personally would say 45 or so of my friends may have finally completed all of them and just because must of us have had the game since the beginning and ran out of challenging things to do.

youngun
licenses are more true to life, you could have all the experience but without the correct license, you cant progress. But on the other hand, if you had the license but not experience, you could just be a natural and can move up faster. Licenses for the win but more to do with the level too, f1 and le man tests for s license or simpl tracks for ia. But to go one further, have experiance to unlock the next stage of the licenses, so b needs kart time, a needs a few hours in hatchback etc, ib need medium race cars, ia needs supercars and s needs the gt3 or similar.

1+

imo, licenses make more sense than a level system, for a game like this.

The level system seemed to be an artificial way to extend the offline play-through experience.

Passing the requisite license test should be proof enough that the player has the aptitude to compete at the level required of the license.

For special events, I like the Driving Missions in GT4, and the various Special events in GT5, for those who want to go above and beyond the regular stable of races.

Also, if they decide to carry on with the expirience system, they MUST make it more realistic. I mean, I'm the F1(Sorry, the Formula GT) World Champion, theorically the world's best driver, but I've no enough experience to race in the 24H of Le Mans? It is the bigger nonsense I've ever seen in a car game.

Also, if they decide to carry on with the expirience system, they MUST make it more realistic. I mean, I'm the F1(Sorry, the Formula GT) World Champion, theorically the world's best driver, but I've no enough experience to race in the 24H of Le Mans? It is the bigger nonsense I've ever seen in a car game.

Well, considering that Formula Gran Turismo isn't even CLOSE to being F1, as F1 is much faster, yes.

Would someone care to explain what made the licensing system so great in games prior to GT5? Everyone always talks about how it was better, but I don't really understand why.

Because of coffee break!

I enjoy the license test. I just wish they had more meaning. Maybe somehow implement license requirements for online racing?

License system would be fantastic. It could also be CREATIVELY implemented for Online usage. If you don't have an I-A License you can't join this room, etc...

In my opinion the lid envies are fine, it a great way to earn trophies/achievements but in gt5 if you finish the beginners license you can race everything, but in gt6 they should give you more for completing the tests, like I only get 6,000 exp for getting gold and silver and at level 36 6,000 xp is a drop in the bucket lol

Latest Posts

Back