Lightweight Series | Possible Glitch

• Thread starter liam2maps
  • 45 comments
Ok if you ever played the Lightweight series you may have come across a CRX or a Civic Type R in the mix right? Well I have a CRX and a Civic Type R as prize cars. Yet they CANNOT be entered. I thought they are the same engine size as their non prize car types.

I thought to myself how weird. So I am stuck here trying to use a crappy Demio to win the lightweight series.

So in conclusion according to the lightweight series Civic Type R =/= Civic Type R Prize car AWARDED if you WIN the lightweight series. Not sure if the Eunos Roadster fits the bill but I would take a guess it does.

liam2maps
Ok if you ever played the Lightweight series you may have come across a CRX or a Civic Type R in the mix right? Well I have a CRX and a Civic Type R as prize cars. Yet they CANNOT be entered. I thought they are the same engine size as their non prize car types.

I thought to myself how weird. So I am stuck here trying to use a crappy Demio to win the lightweight series.

So in conclusion according to the lightweight series Civic Type R =/= Civic Type R Prize car AWARDED if you WIN the lightweight series. Not sure if the Eunos Roadster fits the bill but I would take a guess it does.

I agree, it's weird that the prizecar won in that serie ( like the Spoon Civic ) cannot compete.
The manual that comes with GT1 list all the cars allowed to run in the Lightweight serie and guess what ? the Acura integra is allowed. Try it, a lot better than the Demio.

liam2maps
Of course it's easy. I can win it easily but with a normal Demio. You try.

I won it using the Demio and the Starlet Glanza V, all mods done up to R mod.

well that is a bit much ...

I have tried with brand new non modified demio and it's too much for me. Maybe, if I'm lucky and show off all the oposition I could do it, but can't simply sit down and drive the hell out of that demio and win.

vipersan
well that is a bit much ...

I have tried with brand new non modified demio and it's too much for me. Maybe, if I'm lucky and show off all the oposition I could do it, but can't simply sit down and drive the hell out of that demio and win.
Did you check the power of the other cars in the line up? A I recall, none of them has a racing mod, but maybe they have some tuning features that don't show in the line up viewing, like racing tires, racing transmission and clutch.
Interesting, I'll give it a try tonight with the EPSXE PS1 emulator.

I should have a log which shows minimal prize Demio mods to win the FF and the Lightweight. And some of the new Demios are nearly the worst cars in the game, actually, even tuned.

Also, the prize Demio is not as good in the PAL version.

Hmm... This game shows the exact parts for the Civic '93 Si 3 door...
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/platinum.txt

Ah...
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/fiji.txt
Suggests prize Demio with...
Code:
         Time-trials and test races suggested that TS2, Rmuff, WR1, S-R H/H
         (Cr23,200) would suffice, but since I'd won one pole, I decided
         using the extra money for softer tires would allow me to win all
         three races and probably actually make a little more money.
  13   mod car Demio  TS2, Rmuff, WR1, S-R S/S  (Cr25,200)
  13   Cr1,440
  13-16   Demio        FF  q5Dq6*,1st27to18,11,7,7,5      yellowCRX(1/6)a
  17   Cr26,440  (Cr25,000 winnings)
  17   mod car Demio  WR2, S/S  (Cr20,500)
  17   Cr5,940
  17-20   Demio      Lwt  q4Aq5Cq5D1st27to14,13,10,7,4    blueCivic(1/6)a
  21   Cr30,940  (Cr25,000 winnings)

When I was racing I was racing a civic and possibly an integra. Whenever I race I can win but I want to also qualify first. If I don't then I reset.

Nevermind. I won it with a demio (non race mod). It just needed some tuning.

I should make a topic with all my tuned prize cars and license cars.

liam2maps
When I was racing I was racing a civic and possibly an integra. Whenever I race I can win but I want to also qualify first. If I don't then I reset.

Why? I have entered races with cars that simply blew the opposition away, but on the qualify lap, in my cockiness, I have entered a corner to fast and slipped into a wall or barrier. There goes the qualify lap so I'm down a few Cr's but I have still amassed over 20 Mill.

SportWagon
I should have a log which shows minimal prize Demio mods to win the FF and the Lightweight. And some of the new Demios are nearly the worst cars in the game, actually, even tuned.

Also, the prize Demio is not as good in the PAL version.

Hmm... This game shows the exact parts for the Civic '93 Si 3 door...
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/platinum.txt

Ah...
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/fiji.txt
Suggests prize Demio with...
Code:
         Time-trials and test races suggested that TS2, Rmuff, WR1, S-R H/H
         (Cr23,200) would suffice, but since I'd won one pole, I decided
         using the extra money for softer tires would allow me to win all
         three races and probably actually make a little more money.
  13   mod car Demio  TS2, Rmuff, WR1, S-R S/S  (Cr25,200)
  13   Cr1,440
  13-16   Demio        FF  q5Dq6*,1st27to18,11,7,7,5      yellowCRX(1/6)a
  17   Cr26,440  (Cr25,000 winnings)
  17   mod car Demio  WR2, S/S  (Cr20,500)
  17   Cr5,940
  17-20   Demio      Lwt  q4Aq5Cq5D1st27to14,13,10,7,4    blueCivic(1/6)a
  21   Cr30,940  (Cr25,000 winnings)

How exactly is the PAL demio worse off than the NTSC. PAL users are always screwed :( We so would make better drivers or gamers.

TMM
Why? I have entered races with cars that simply blew the opposition away, but on the qualify lap, in my cockiness, I have entered a corner to fast and slipped into a wall or barrier. There goes the qualify lap so I'm down a few Cr's but I have still amassed over 20 Mill.

I like to be perfect and win and top everything as much as possible. If not I restart. It took my a while with the demio but I just tuned the gears a little. I don't mean adjusting the final setting either. I mean adjusting each gear individually. So yeah I like to have this 100% win record sort of thing if not I restart.

Back to the demio. I did some testing. Took an hour but I got the best out of the car.

liam2maps
In most series in GT1 if I can reliably, or even unreliably, qualify first, I will blow away the competition.

That is, in order for most of the races to be at all really challenging (not just AI rubber-banding) I need to qualify less than first.

liam2maps
How exactly is the PAL demio worse off than the NTSC. PAL users are always screwed :( We so would make better drivers or gamers.
Weight reduction 3 in North American version gets it down to 1408 pounds, and race mod makes it 1210 pounds. I have heard it is nothing like that light in the PAL version. Stock weight is 1807 pounds, btw.

Yeah. I thought that was weird when I compared the pounds and kilograms. There are quite a few cars like that. Anyways you can see even with a heavier demio I still won it. :)

Hurrah :)

liam2maps
I like to be perfect and win and top everything as much as possible. If not I restart. It took my a while with the demio but I just tuned the gears a little. I don't mean adjusting the final setting either. I mean adjusting each gear individually. So yeah I like to have this 100% win record sort of thing if not I restart.

Back to the demio. I did some testing. Took an hour but I got the best out of the car.

You're not related to Herr Schumaker are you?

liam2maps
Not that I know of :P

I started playing this Initial D game the other day and I am 4/4 which was kind of shocking since I never played the game before. Honest.

Is that PAL or NTSC?

liam2maps
I live in Australia but the game's language is Japanese so I am not entirely sure.

Anyways stay cool TMM

It's cool here cause it's winter, although we have had no snow and hardly any rain. The weather here is really getting ****ed up in recent years, I blame all the petrol heads running the races around the world. Maybe we should have virtual races so we don't destroy the planet but still get the fun of racing. Still Schumaker would probably cheat more than he does now in F1.

Hope your not a Schumaker fan...

Sounds like an import, have you had your PS2 chipped?

I've had a similar problem in the Historic Car Cup in GT2. The horsepower limit is 300 yet a GT40 with a power output of 305hp is allowed to enter. I cannot enter with the same car.

Yep, she's got a fair old few glitches, GT.

TMM
It's cool here cause it's winter, although we have had no snow and hardly any rain. The weather here is really getting ****ed up in recent years, I blame all the petrol heads running the races around the world. Maybe we should have virtual races so we don't destroy the planet but still get the fun of racing. Still Schumaker would probably cheat more than he does now in F1.

Hope your not a Schumaker fan...

Sounds like an import, have you had your PS2 chipped?

Can't say I am. I prefer Button to Schumi. I am Aussie so I guess I partly support Webber too. I went for BAR this season and **** yeah they came 2nd. I cannot help but feel conflicted because I smoked 'boro lights and use a voda since they sponsor ferrari.

liam2maps
Can't say I am. I prefer Button to Schumi. I am Aussie so I guess I partly support Webber too. I went for BAR this season and **** yeah they came 2nd. I cannot help but feel conflicted because I smoked 'boro lights and use a voda since they sponsor ferrari.

Webber had a good season last year and BAR brought back the old excitment to F1. I thought every one was a Schumi/Ferrari fan, especailly some of the comments on this forum regarding Ferrari's in GT. Has Webber got a drive this season and have you heard about Jordan having an Indian racing driver???!!!!??

Hopefully will be a good season, however isn't F1 changing so that the 'rich' companies can have upto 3 cars on the race track? Surely the other cars will just ride shotgun for the lead car, whoever that might be...

TMM
Webber had a good season last year and BAR brought back the old excitment to F1. I thought every one was a Schumi/Ferrari fan, especailly some of the comments on this forum regarding Ferrari's in GT. Has Webber got a drive this season and have you heard about Jordan having an Indian racing driver???!!!!??

Hopefully will be a good season, however isn't F1 changing so that the 'rich' companies can have upto 3 cars on the race track? Surely the other cars will just ride shotgun for the lead car, whoever that might be...

I actually viewed Webbers season as Fair. In that crappy Jaguar he did very well considered it's a very poor F1 car. I know Ford has won the most F1 titles with it's cosworth engine but they just gave up on F1. Sad to see Jaguar go though. Jaguar is more a status symbol than a name. Sure they break down alot hence they saying "You need 2 Jags, one for the mechanic, and one for you" but still...

Webber does has a drive this season. In a WilliamsF1 car partnered by Nick Heidfield :D And yeah Jordan has some hotshot indian. It will be interesting to see how he does.

Say TMM I reckon you me and Parnelli Bone should have a fair chat sometime. Got an IM service?

liam2maps
Say TMM I reckon you me and Parnelli Bone should have a fair chat sometime. Got an IM service?

I only have IM thru MSN TV, I can't seem to get Yahoo! or AOL thru my system at all.

if you have MSN instant message I'd be happy to chat, you'll have to email me @ so I can link you up, tho.

Last edited:
Back