Lightweight Series | Possible Glitch

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by liam2maps, Jan 29, 2005.

1. TMM

TMM

Sorry no IM Service. I only logon here during my lunch @ work, haven't even got IE access from home, in fact I haven't even got my computer @ home!!! Anyway I'm glad that Webber has got a drive for next year, he will hopefully do well @ Williams. Any chance of them challenging Ferrari this year? It is a shame about Jaguar dropping out but it was becoming an embarresment watching them limp round the track. The way the Indians drive he could be a very strong driver.

2. liam2maps

liam2maps

I am not sure if Jordan will put up a challenge. But if the Indian Jordan driver can average top 10 finishes he may get a drive for next year. Infact that goes for any Jordan or Minardi driver. As with Williams. I doubt they will put up a strong challenge to Ferrari. I just hope they bridge the gap this season.

3. TMM

TMM

So that leaves McLaren, do you think they will be a challenge for Ferrari?

4. Jetboy.

Jetboy.

I used a Trueno in this series. Very remarkable little car, but it bottomed out too often. It liked to go on 2 wheels when it turned. :lol:

5. liam2maps

liam2maps

Not likely. Williams won't do well and it's not because of Webber. It's just that Both McLaren, Renault and Ferrari started 2005 regulations before most other teams did.

6. liam2maps

liam2maps

An AE86 is quite a good car. I thought GT had no bottom out?

7. Jetboy.

Jetboy.

It does, believe me. At Trial Mt. on the bumpier sections it would not get above 75 mph.

8. TMM

TMM

Is that with a race tranny?

9. liam2maps

liam2maps

What's a race tranny?

10. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Wow, how long have you been playing GT? :)

The race transmission is the one that has gears you can modify. Haven't you ever bought one of these for a car? It seems roughly under half the cars in gT actually require it cuz their stock trannys are geared all messy.

11. liam2maps

liam2maps

Yeah I make my own gears. I make the changes smooth and relaxed. Nice and perfect RPM level too.

12. TMM

TMM

I thought all the cars stock trannys are geared messy. Especially when the AI drive them.

13. TMM

TMM

What are your gear settings for say the Supra RZ?

14. liam2maps

liam2maps

I save different settings for different tracks at times but it only varies ever so slightly. When I load up my game I will write it down for you.

15. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

You probly already know this, but you can get away with not using a racing gearbox on a lot of cars. Some of them (like the Corollas...um, i mean truenos and Levins.) redline too early even before they've got a lot of power...therefore you'll need modifyable gears even before you modify the engine much. But my Viper..i never got a racing tranny for it. Super-close (semi-racing) gears do the Viper just fine for all races in GT1 except the Tuned one.

Basically, i'm a cheapskate. If i don't have to mess with a car's gearbox, i won't. I only use racing gears when the car redlines too early down a straight..or to get a better power response thru turns..but i only do this in the most demanding of races, like the GT World Cup or something.

16. TMM

TMM

I got race trannies when I bought race mod for my cars. And I still have over 20mil in Credits so I don't think its an issue.