Lightweight Series | Possible Glitch

• Thread starter liam2maps
  • 45 comments
liam2maps
I actually viewed Webbers season as Fair. In that crappy Jaguar he did very well considered it's a very poor F1 car. I know Ford has won the most F1 titles with it's cosworth engine but they just gave up on F1. Sad to see Jaguar go though. Jaguar is more a status symbol than a name. Sure they break down alot hence they saying "You need 2 Jags, one for the mechanic, and one for you" but still...

Webber does has a drive this season. In a WilliamsF1 car partnered by Nick Heidfield :D And yeah Jordan has some hotshot indian. It will be interesting to see how he does.

Say TMM I reckon you me and Parnelli Bone should have a fair chat sometime. Got an IM service?

Sorry no IM Service. I only logon here during my lunch @ work, haven't even got IE access from home, in fact I haven't even got my computer @ home!!! Anyway I'm glad that Webber has got a drive for next year, he will hopefully do well @ Williams. Any chance of them challenging Ferrari this year? It is a shame about Jaguar dropping out but it was becoming an embarresment watching them limp round the track. The way the Indians drive he could be a very strong driver.

TMM
Sorry no IM Service. I only logon here during my lunch @ work, haven't even got IE access from home, in fact I haven't even got my computer @ home!!! Anyway I'm glad that Webber has got a drive for next year, he will hopefully do well @ Williams. Any chance of them challenging Ferrari this year? It is a shame about Jaguar dropping out but it was becoming an embarresment watching them limp round the track. The way the Indians drive he could be a very strong driver.

I am not sure if Jordan will put up a challenge. But if the Indian Jordan driver can average top 10 finishes he may get a drive for next year. Infact that goes for any Jordan or Minardi driver. As with Williams. I doubt they will put up a strong challenge to Ferrari. I just hope they bridge the gap this season.

liam2maps
I am not sure if Jordan will put up a challenge. But if the Indian Jordan driver can average top 10 finishes he may get a drive for next year. Infact that goes for any Jordan or Minardi driver. As with Williams. I doubt they will put up a strong challenge to Ferrari. I just hope they bridge the gap this season.

So that leaves McLaren, do you think they will be a challenge for Ferrari?

I used a Trueno in this series. Very remarkable little car, but it bottomed out too often. It liked to go on 2 wheels when it turned. :lol:

TMM
So that leaves McLaren, do you think they will be a challenge for Ferrari?

Not likely. Williams won't do well and it's not because of Webber. It's just that Both McLaren, Renault and Ferrari started 2005 regulations before most other teams did.

liam2maps
What's a race tranny?

Wow, how long have you been playing GT? :)

The race transmission is the one that has gears you can modify. Haven't you ever bought one of these for a car? It seems roughly under half the cars in GT actually require it cuz their stock trannys are geared all messy.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Wow, how long have you been playing GT? :)

The race transmission is the one that has gears you can modify. Haven't you ever bought one of these for a car? It seems roughly under half the cars in gT actually require it cuz their stock trannys are geared all messy.

I thought all the cars stock trannys are geared messy. Especially when the AI drive them.

I save different settings for different tracks at times but it only varies ever so slightly. When I load up my game I will write it down for you.

TMM
I thought all the cars stock trannys are geared messy. Especially when the AI drive them.

You probly already know this, but you can get away with not using a racing gearbox on a lot of cars. Some of them (like the Corollas...um, I mean Truenos and Levins.) redline too early even before they've got a lot of power...therefore you'll need modifyable gears even before you modify the engine much. But my Viper..I never got a racing tranny for it. Super-close (semi-racing) gears do the Viper just fine for all races in GT1 except the Tuned one.

I'm a cheapskate. If I don't have to mess with a car's gearbox, I won't. I only use racing gears when the car redlines too early down a straight..or to get a better power response thru turns..but I only do this in the most demanding of races, like the GT World Cup or something.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
You probly already know this, but you can get away with not using a racing gearbox on a lot of cars. Some of them (like the Corollas...um, i mean truenos and Levins.) redline too early even before they've got a lot of power...therefore you'll need modifyable gears even before you modify the engine much. But my Viper..i never got a racing tranny for it. Super-close (semi-racing) gears do the Viper just fine for all races in GT1 except the Tuned one.

Basically, i'm a cheapskate. If i don't have to mess with a car's gearbox, i won't. I only use racing gears when the car redlines too early down a straight..or to get a better power response thru turns..but i only do this in the most demanding of races, like the GT World Cup or something.

I got race trannies when I bought race mod for my cars. And I still have over 20mil in Credits so I don't think its an issue.

Back