spring rate 16.6/13.4
damper ext 9/7
damper comp 9/7
anti roll 3/5
camber 2.0/1.5
toe 0.0/-.85

tires racing soft/soft
905 hp

you should be able to stay on the throttle the entire race with this. Try it. I cmopleted 5 laps in 3:36 with this.

Results?

im stuck on the gran turismo all star series.... i had a corvette zr1 fully tuned and i could not keep pace at all....

im a level 19 wat car will win this for me???? any suggestions

This looks almost identical to RKM's tune of this very car. You could have given them credit...

I've seen and used other tunes listed on here, and compared to them this tune has different spring rates, different diff settings, different ride height, different toe settings and different gearing. With that being said, I guess I dont understand how you can say it's almost identical to something else when there are 5+ differences...

More importantly is how this tune makes the car act during this particular race compared to other tunes. It's totally different than any of the others, and I made this one specifically to win at indy.

Look at the replies from others in this thread...where the other tunes have failed them this one destroys the other cars in the race.

With the other tunes, in order to win like the wind at indy with the ZR1 you will need to have some success drafting/blocking to pull it off because you lose speed in the turns and the other cars in the race have superior acceleration. With this calibration you can stay on the throttle the entire race, and the other cars in the race can't even stay close to you.

With the other tunes, in order to win like the wind at indy with the ZR1 you will need to have some success drafting/blocking to pull it off because you lose speed in the turns and the other cars in the race have superior acceleration. With this calibration you can stay on the throttle the entire race, and the other cars in the race can't even stay close to you.

Funny.

My Z06 RM beats up on the LMPs at Indy for fun. 221mph with a very tired engine down the straights and ~200mph around the corners. And I have to brake because it's not a ZR1 and therefore lacks the downforce advantage, uses racing medium tires, and is a circuit tune rather than a dedicated oval tune.

All that's required to win with it is to pass on the corners when possible, grab a draft to get out front, and then brake later than the AI. The 2nd and 3rd lap they may actually put a fender ahead of you just before they brake, but then they slow down to about 175 for the corners.

As for the similarities pointed out, the only one I see at ALL resembling my setup is the differential and that is something I would consider unoptimized for oval racing. Same for the downforce values and rear toe angle.

Funny.

My Z06 RM beats up on the LMPs at Indy for fun. 221mph with a very tired engine down the straights and ~200mph around the corners. And I have to brake because it's not a ZR1 and therefore lacks the downforce advantage, uses racing medium tires, and is a circuit tune rather than a dedicated oval tune.

All that's required to win with it is to pass on the corners when possible, grab a draft to get out front, and then brake later than the AI. The 2nd and 3rd lap they may actually put a fender ahead of you just before they brake, but then they slow down to about 175 for the corners.

As for the similarities pointed out, the only one I see at ALL resembling my setup is the differential and that is something I would consider unoptimized for oval racing. Same for the downforce values and rear toe angle.

I guess i'm not sure why you respond with "funny" as if to disagree with me, but then you go on to say that your tune requires a draft to get out front which was the exact thing i said was true of other tunes i have seen unless the car behaves a lot differently than the zr1 since i never use the z06. but if that was the case why would you bother to bring up the z06 in this thread, since we are talking a out zr1s in here...

I brought up the Z06 because my tune was mentioned.

And I said "funny" because I find it exactly that. The race is not at all difficult even with the less-grippy, less-powerful Z06 which shares most of its handling character with the ZR1 with a setup not optimized for oval tracks. Saying having to draft is a terrible thing is wrong, and saying that you absolutely cannot win without your setup on a ZR1 is wrong as well.

Not saying it's not a good tune (haven't tried it, don't have a ZR1 RM, etc) and not saying it's not an improvement, just saying it's not needed.

I brought up the Z06 because my tune was mentioned.

And I said "funny" because I find it exactly that. The race is not at all difficult even with the less-grippy, less-powerful Z06 which shares most of its handling character with the ZR1 with a setup not optimized for oval tracks. Saying having to draft is a terrible thing is wrong, and saying that you absolutely cannot win without your setup on a ZR1 is wrong as well.

Not saying it's not a good tune (haven't tried it, don't have a ZR1 RM, etc) and not saying it's not an improvement, just saying it's not needed.

the only reason i came up with this tune is because it turns the race into basically a no brainer and you i can sit there and grind for hours mindlessly if needed/desired.

I never quite said that having to draft was terrible or that the race couldn't be won without my tune, because you're right that would be silly for me to say that. but the truth is that a lot of guys have trouble winning this race with the zr1. so i posted what has worked well for me, and it appears that several guys on here felt that it worked well for them. thats all i was trying to do. i mean check the first post...all i said was try it and see what you think.

Will this tune win me the American Championship race at Indy in the Extreme Events category?

Also, how much money did you spend not including the price of the car on that ZR-1?

Thanks in Advance.

Will this tune win me the American Championship race at Indy in the Extreme Events category?

Also, how much money did you spend not including the price of the car on that ZR-1?

Thanks in Advance.

ZR-1's racing modification is apparently 385,000 credits. Add in ~40k in engine mods, racing soft tires for 36k, FC LSD for 7500...

Z06 is most of the performance for a total cost over a hundred thousand credits cheaper than the ZR-1 RM.

Thanks for sharing a truly amazing setup. Put the hammer down and keep it there, it wins US both races with minimum efford.

Thanks again :-)

This tune is awesome i raced it in the American Championship in the extreme events.
On the Indy course i was able to go full throttle through all the turns.
Good tune bro

How do you get 905 hp? i bought and installed all upgrades on and im only getting aroudn 880hp, though it worked great, i allready won both like the wind races, i was just curious.

How do you get 905 hp? i bought and installed all upgrades on and im only getting aroudn 880hp, though it worked great, i allready won both like the wind races, i was just curious.

Did you change the oil?

The engine will loosen up a little after doing some miles. Race, change oil, race a little more, change oil etc.
You'll see the HP figure creep up slowly until it peaks, after that point it will eventually deteriorate until you deem it necessary to overhaul the engine.

Thanks a ton mad. I've been beating my brains out trying to get this win. I got it and now I run this race anytime I need some quick cash. Thanks again.

I think the secret is to do the Oil Change before doing the RM. My ZR1 will not go above 900, even after many miles of breakin.

Great tune though, thanks!

This looks almost identical to RKM's tune of this very car. You could have given them credit...

i just ran 2 races at indy using the jorday tune, and the rkm tune. the results were similar in that i won both races, but that is about the extent of it. the rkm tune seems to handle like a greyhound bus and the jorday tune lets me run the corners faster, turn in is sharper and just feels dialed in. all of the credit for this one goes to jorday!👍

When I spent like half a million Cr on making the ZR1 a RM and started using it, I was sorely disappointed. I thought it was a dog, couldn't win any competitive races. Just a couple changes to the aero made it a winner. I am sure this does even more. Now that car has like over 100 wins for me. Its my money machine! Paid for itself many times over.

Back