Like the wind at indy...try this ZR1 RM tune

• Thread starter jorday
  • 206 comments
sounds like this tune will be promising as i got myself the ZR1 and RM'd it etc 👍...

i will say one thing to thoses early on in the thread(skipped pages lol) regarding the American Championship, with only a tweak of the gearbox for 245mph+ and little downforce and racing softs(though any racing tyres would work id imagine)you can blitz the Indy Race, pass everyone on the first bend then your set for gold, unless you cant drive that is ;)...

but it wont work for 'like the wind' indy which is why ive looked up this or similar threads...

Thanks for the settings. I get low 42 second laps similar to what you guys are all getting in A spec which is great.

My question is why is BOB so terrible at driving it??? He gets smoked in both the American dream car challenges and Like the wind! Then I put BOB in the Ford GT II (with no tuning changes) and he smokes everyone! When I race them both A spec the ZR1 is definitely faster. It seems to be a breaking problem. Does it have to do with brake balance?

BTW BOB is level 34!

Hey found your set up, I thought I had a good setup for the ZR1.. At Indy
I was doing five laps at 3.45.831. Then I saw your setup for 3.36 at Indy.
So I tried your setup and did 3.37.076 WOW what a difference. That is a really good setup.
If you have anymore race setup you should post them!

Quick silly question: Can that ZR1 RM win the GT all stars? I have that stubborn Minolta but cannot bring it down to handling it properly.

I just realized that i never upgraded my engine, so for the longest i was running it at like 858 hp, wondering why i was having such a hard time. but now i see, and thanks a bunch for the indy tune! it really does make it very very easy.

@zanxion: hey im using this tune, i beat the GT all stars very easily with it, and im no top tier driver.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=136375

Down force = 63 / 88
Ride height: -15 / -11
Spring rate: 14.8 / 15.8
Decompression = 7 / 7
Compression = 6 / 7
Stabilizers = 4 / 4
Camber = 2.5 / 1.0
Toe = 0 / 0
Brake balance = 6 / 5
Initial torque = 10
Acceleration = 40
Deceleration = 9

got about $1million - will the ZR1 built to the above specs get me through serveral races (American Champ, Gran Turismo all stars, etc)?

hate to drop this kinda cash on a car I can only get limited use out of

got about $1million - will the ZR1 built to the above specs get me through serveral races (American Champ, Gran Turismo all stars, etc)?

hate to drop this kinda cash on a car I can only get limited use out of

Use it for the "Like The Wind" series and then take the car from that (Minolta race car) and use that for the GT all stars series. Tuned up the Minolta gets 1000+ bhp.

Hi,

I upgraded engine, ecu, turbo kit and light weight body chassis but only get upto 844 hp. How can I tune over 900 hp to win the race? Do I need to upgrade the transmission, LSD, flywheel etc? Where I can change the downforce setting?

Thanks.

I used Jorday's tune and tinkered with it a bit, last night I ran a 5 lap time of 3:34.191. My fastest lap (lap 2) was 41.607. My fastest lap in the ZR1 (not in this particular race though) is 41.424 with the draft, caught the 63' Corvette and the C5-R Corvette at the line.

Pictures (sorry no video) on my flickr account:

Fastest 5 Laps:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54584461@N02/5706794903/in/photostream/

Fastest Lap (w/drafting):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54584461@N02/5706814069/in/photostream/

Last edited:
This tune worked great for me, although the best I've done on the Indy Like The Wind race is 2nd. Every time I'm in the lead on the last straightaway, two cars will come from behind like they have rockets in their tails, and one will get by me. I HATE the AI in GT5.

Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
racing soft tires
00:45:083 lap time with this setup

Brakes
6/6
Aerodynamics
Front 35/55 Rear

Transmission
top speed 224

LSD
initial 10
acceleration 20
braking 30

Suspension
ride height
5/5
spring rate
12.3/12.6
dampers extension
4/5
dampers
3/4
anti roll bars
3/3
camber
2.0/1.5
toe
0.00/-0.30

That's pretty good for a zr1. I am not gonna rm mine because I like the no stickers look and I have it tuned for 246 mph. I use the '89 TOYOTA MINTOLA and I complete that race with it in the 3:20's

My zr1 tune for indy couldnt be simpler.
All you meed is a RM'ed zr1, max it out in the tuning shop
And max it out whith racing soft tires.
Then at the setup page keep everything default except change the areodynamics 35 (front and rear). You should be able to win everytime and not have to use the brake or let go of the gas for the entire race.

downforce 35/53
trans gearing 261
diff 10/20/10
ride height 0/0
spring rate 16.6/13.4
damper ext 9/7
damper comp 9/7
anti roll 3/5
camber 2.0/1.5
toe 0.0/-.85

tires racing soft/soft
905 hp

you should be able to stay on the throttle the entire race with this. Try it. I cmopleted 5 laps in 3:36 with this.

Results?

Thank you Jorday, you've made my jorDAY! Any other advice you have? Been struggling with that race and with your setup I wapsed them. Joy.

Awesome tune!👍 I had to go just under full-throttle when I nearly crashed into a car at the beginning, but after that, I had over a ten second gap by the end of the race. Tried this on the American championship and had nearly identical results.

downforce 35/53
trans gearing 261
diff 10/20/10
ride height 0/0
spring rate 16.6/13.4
damper ext 9/7
damper comp 9/7
anti roll 3/5
camber 2.0/1.5
toe 0.0/-.85

tires racing soft/soft
905 hp

you should be able to stay on the throttle the entire race with this. Try it. I cmopleted 5 laps in 3:36 with this.

Results?
Your tune absolutely kills it man! Bravo bravo!!!

I had to make a account an what not just to say this...

I invested the 800-900k credits for this corvette... basically to win 1 race.. because when u complete "Like the Wind" you get the Minolta Toyota 88 C-V ... an that car is way faster to farm indy for credits.. handles better... Dont even have to touch it.. as far as upgrades.. The Competition is 15-20 seconds behind after a 5 lap race.. Even lap a car or 2.. So the idea of racing Indy relentlessly for credits with the corvette.. is nuts.. You can win both races in "Like the Wind" with the Mazda Furia , daytona is cake with the furia.. an indy is a lil hard with the furia , but u can pull it off in a few races.. Saves credits yadda yadda, catch my drift.

Back