Like The Wind - Mazda or Corvette?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dominator
  • 36 comments
  • 7,104 views

Mazda or Corvette?

  • Mazda Furai

    Votes: 31 52.5%
  • Chevrolet Corvette

    Votes: 28 47.5%

  • Total voters
    59
Messages
209
Portugal
Portugal
Messages
GeorgePt
So the question is, what should i use to win this race's? Which of these cars are the best for the event? A lot off ppl say Corvette but others say Mazda, so i created this thread to find deep answers.

Let me know your options!
 
If you've already won the Furai and don't have the money to purchase the Vette then use the Furai for the entire series. If you've got both cars, I'd use the Furai at Daytona and the Vette at Indy 👍. I don't know how well the Vette will do at Daytona but maybe someone who's used the Vette at Daytona can chime-in.
 
If you've already won the Furai and don't have the money to purchase the Vette then use the Furai for the entire series. If you've got both cars, I'd use the Furai at Daytona and the Vette at Indy 👍. I don't know how well the Vette will do at Daytona but maybe someone who's used the Vette at Daytona can chime-in.

I'd flip that around. The Furai destroys Indy, but those first few corners at Daytona are hairy and the Vette has the HP and torque to power past the competition and get yourself ahead. It can be done with the Furai sure, but the Vette is easier and less frustrating.
 
I have 2.559.932 Cr, i have the Furai tuned, it only remains to max the HP. The Corvette has 726 HP (No RM yet). What should i do?
 
I have 2.559.932 Cr, i have the Furai tuned, it only remains to max the HP. The Corvette has 726 HP (No RM yet). What should i do?

Ohh I would go with the Furai if you don't wanna spend money, it will destroy it. The Corvette I assumed you had a ZR1 RM. If its not RM you may have a hard time. The Vette even with that HP just can't corner, brake, or carry speed the same no matter how many mods you have.
 
The Vette is useful not just for Like the Wind, but for the American Championship as well, which has a higher CR payoff and is only 5 laps in A-spec. It may be pricier but in the long run the a Race Modifies Corvette is a true bread winner.
 
So... what should i do? Upgrade the 2 cars? xD
 
Can someone tell me where to get the FUrai(don't want to see the prize thread and see what I win from other events)
 
The Vette is useful not just for Like the Wind, but for the American Championship as well, which has a higher CR payoff and is only 5 laps in A-spec. It may be pricier but in the long run the a Race Modifies Corvette is a true bread winner.

Yeah, when ever I need to pick up an extra 117,000, I break out the RM Z06 and in about four minutes I am there. That car has bought a lot of other ones for me. :)
 
Either will do just fine as will the Zonda R.

If you must buy one then Buy the Vette it is cheaper and it can be used in teh American race on Indy as well.
 
Weel buyed the RM to the Corvette! Now im gonna tune it and see if this car is good enouth.
 
Yeah, when ever I need to pick up an extra 117,000, I break out the RM Z06 and in about four minutes I am there. That car has bought a lot of other ones for me. :)

In addition, i used it for the Expert All-Stars Event, Like The Wind, The American Championship, and even the Dream Car Championship. Its my baby lol
 
Can someone tell me where to get the FUrai(don't want to see the prize thread and see what I win from other events)

The Furai is from the B-Spec Miata race I believe.
 
Wonderfull! Just did the Indy and got win it in the first try! And i maked mistakes, but i managed to win it, what a awesome car! Now im gonna try the Daytona one to have Minolta! And i must start doing the Amateur Races.. Im lvl 21 btw.

Edit: Just did the Like The Wind event! Minolta is mine :33

Thank you so much guys, Corvette is definitely an awesome car
 
Last edited:
So... what should i do? Upgrade the 2 cars? xD

Yes :)

The Furai destroys Indy but it's a bit tricky in the super slow "mickey mouse like" corners at Indy. Never tried the Corvette at Daytona, at Indy the Furai is a lot more faster, flat out all the track, never take gas.

But, has said, the Vette destroys the opposition in American Challenge, the best car for the business, so tune up both cars.
 
I just did these races last night. I went with what most said, the ZR1 RM. It qualifies for the American Championship and dominates it. Daytona is easy if you set the car up correctly and brake correctly. Now Indy is different. You have to set it up perfectly for cornering at high speed. It took several tries but I was able to win Indy by .059. The problem at Indy is that the supercars are faster on the straights and if your in the lead, they will draft from you and past you until you hit a corner and temporarily pull away. Round the corner for the home on the last lap is a defensive race. They catch you quicker here than other laps on straights.

Its all worth it for that Minolta. Max it out with upgrades and I say its the fastest/best car after the X1. This car was a beast in GT4. I just got it in GT5, so I need to see how the physics differ. But it pulls away at Like the Wind like its raping the track.
 
Last edited:
The Furai dominated the "Like the Wind" events for me.
 
I used the Furai because it was free, but on Daytona that first corner killed me everytime until I upped the LSD's deceleration setting, it helped stabilize the car when braking during the corner.
 
The Corvette C2 does it :)

Man, I have been looking for one of those like a dog lookin for a lost bone :dopey: hoping to find one b4 the week is up.
 
I used the Furai because it was free, but on Daytona that first corner killed me everytime until I upped the LSD's deceleration setting, it helped stabilize the car when braking during the corner.

I just turned on Skid Recovery and that first corner was no longer a problem.
 
used the vette for both, furai didnt have enough top end for second race.
 
Can someone tell me where to get the FUrai(don't want to see the prize thread and see what I win from other events)

You get it off the B spec na roadster cup event. As for the furai i won daytona with it last night. Put all mods on that you can and racing soft tyres. Tuning wise i left the suspension as it is , adjust the gearbox so that the top speed is 230ish and adjust the front/rear downforce fully. Its not an easy win though as the other cars will catch you up on the straights but the furai is faster through the corners.
 
The Furai can win, but by very little for me. Corvette I haven't tested and don;t really have the time.

Instead, get a Veyron and a 787B, modify them up, change their transmissions and max out their downforce, turn off the aids and take them to Daytona and Indy respectively. Then do the same thing with the 88C-V you get and raise the money till you get to Lv 23, then do the American Championship in, in your case, the ZR-1 RM, or in my case, the NASCARs. Do the same as the Like the Wind in terms of preparations.
 
The Furai will win by this much. And my Furai was tuned so that I can gun it through the entire Indiana Speedway.

If you already have the Furai then use it, rather than spending over 500,000cr to get the RM ZR1.

superspeedwayindy.jpg
 
having just seen my previous post, its clear that this one is worthless, sorry
 
Last edited:
used the vette for both, furai didnt have enough top end for second race.

What????

The second race is not a piece of cake, it's the whole cake in the Furai.

Full throttle all the race never released the button or touched the brakes either.

Won it by something like 8 ou 10 seconds.
 
Back