Link: Evidence that GT6 on PS3?

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 43 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
More speculation. Evidence would come from PD or Sony.

This is not news.

Needless to say.
The development is at the survey stage.
In other word they are looking at the market to see if those options could be profitable.
The racing game / simulation genre are at an all time low in % of game played right now.
So technically, Sony is still in the dark as we speak, or red.

Last edited:
Argh, who has the hard drive space to fit TWO Gran Turismos on one PS3??

Most of us, I think :) At least those who had spaces in their shelfs to store 2 Gran Turismo games per console. (GT1+2 on PSX, GT3+4 on PS2, etc)

And with GT6 on PS3, it'll be a improved (finished?) GT5... making GT5 not much useful anymore. It's different than playing both GT4 and GT5... GT4 had cool stuff that make it worth playing even in GT5 times.

It would be nice to get GT6 on PS3. From a technical stand point, it's more than possible, but, I could see them withholding it as a (soon to happen) PS4 launch title.

As the article say
Gran Turismo Portable for PSP was announced in 2004 and didn’t come out until the end of 2009.
Get ready for a long trip in the desert. Don't even want to know when GT6 will be out. For now I just hope Maya's were wrong and there's still a World after 2012 lol :lol:.

I kind of want the next GT to come out as a full game for the next system. They need to work on higher fidelity all the way around. So keeping the graphics we have with premium cars, more or less, should allow them to focus on creating a fuller package around it. I'm talking about them keeping a consistent 60 (for real this time) frames, having a more complex structural geometry for the cars and tires running so that the physics are much more improved and especially allowing many more cars on track at the same time.

So them promising that, with a more robust online component ('cause let's face it, we're going in that direction of focus much more these days anyway), will make me quite happy in waiting maybe three or four years for a proper GT successor.

In my opinion I think there still will be something coming toward the end of the PS3's life cycle with the GT name on it, and it'll be something like a Prologue, but not - since Prologues usually come out on the same system the true successor releases on.

I'm thinking what's coming is a whole huge addition/expansion to GT5 that'll be the price of a full game. A slew of new tracks and cars (this is what I believe they're holding out on all the updated old tracks for as well) with the cars all being premiums, I'm guessing somewhere in the range of a few hundred new cars/updated standards.

This could also increase the online side of things as well, maybe bring new physics capabilities and various optimizations/upgrades all in one package. Basically, everything GT5 was supposed to be.

It would make sense because while they do that it could also be a build up toward GT6 at the same time, they could even spend extra time on all the cars making an extra detailed version of them ready for PS4 specifications along with a compressed PS3 ready version set to be used in the next game. So looking at it from a workphase sort of approach, it could be a clever way of being able to continue to push out a smaller product to make us happy while at the same time building the base for the next big true sequel in the game's franchise for the next generation of consoles to avoid the long wait we had to suffer between GT4 and 5.

All pure speculation anyway.

I god honest opinion is that it will be on the PS3 so all they have to do is rework the current game engine instead of creating a new one for a new console.

I think they might just port GT5 to the Vita and discount it for new buyers on the PS3.

Needless to say.
In other word they are looking at the market to see if those options could be profitable.
The racing game / simulation genre are at an all time low in % of game played right now.
:lol::lol::lol: Gran Turismo 5 is THE best selling Ps3 game, needless to say, it would be profitable.

Needless to say.

Dramatically you're wrong. Kaz said GT6 development had already began before GT5 out. There was no PS4 devkit middle of 2010. Alot of source says Game developer got PS4 devkits Q1 2012. There's no chance it will release on ps4. GT6 project almost 2 years old. they don't waste their time all gt6 project to put on new system.

So many things make me believe that gt6 will come out this year (i hope):
-development began when gt5 was relased
-bathurst scanned for gt6
-gt6 appear in a CV of an employee
-a survey refers to "the latest Gran Turismo game," gt5 is not the latest, in fact, the survey could explicitly say "gran turismo 5" but he didn't.
-New sony games annunced at E3 2012 are planned for 2013, anything for Christmas?
-Jack Tretton at the end of Sony E3 conference said: "and the best is yet to came"
-Sony participates in gamescom 2012, They will have something to announce, or not?

Dramatically you're wrong. Kaz said GT6 development had already began before GT5 out. There was no PS4 devkit middle of 2010. Alot of source says Game developer got PS4 devkits Q1 2012. There's no chance it will release on ps4. GT6 project almost 2 years old. they don't waste their time all gt6 project to put on new system.

Interesting! I haven't heard about this. Thanks for sharing the info!

Sony's PS3 is only about 3 million consoles behind the Xbox 360 (total sales). A solid GT6 could move more consoles and surpass Microsoft's 360.

PS3 makes the most sense. It just does.

GT7 on the PS4, assuming it happens, gives PD and KY a lot of time to 'develop' and no body will complain if it takes 4-5 years (but we probably should).

For all these reasons stated, and because the PD tradition is to release 2 full GT games per PS console generation, I say GT6 will be on PS3.

Argh, who has the hard drive space to fit TWO Gran Turismos on one PS3??

Chuck Norris, for sure. :) He can also fit five GT7's and three GT8's on his PS3. :)

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps4-news/40.html

In short: "The right time to talk about new advances in hardware is when you can demonstrate a significant leap on the current experience, and something that is going to be attractive. That remains our philosophy. Beyond that we have nothing to say at this point."

Most forum-goers know nothing about how consoles work, (including myself), so there's zero credibility in fans saying BUT the PS4 has all the power we need!!!

Come on, now.....:crazy:

Well i watched the entire E3 this year and in the Sony press conference they more or less said that they are in the "middle" of the cycle of the console and i think with all the next exclusives that are coming for the PS3 mostly in 2013 they want to give it more "life and importance" since, i don´t know about you guys but i play on PC too and the quality of the games on the PS3 lately is not as good as it used to (obvious) and literally i stopped buying games for my PS3 and only buying exclusives. Even i received a voucher code to buy a game for 1,49€ in the PS Store a couple of days ago. (Hydrophobia Prophecy lol) And what about the new deals for PS + members...tons of free games.

I think they know what the problem is and they want to release fresh games and sequels (Beyond, GoW Ascension, The Last of Us, MGR Revengeance, Little big Planet Karts, PS Battle Royale, etc) as fast as they can before the PS4 will be announced...and i believe that could be happening, if not at the end of 2013 (at TGS), possible at E3 2014.(at last)
Think about it, they are going to release tons of games in 2013 and if they do, it is not logical to announce a new console right before that. They need time, developers needs time also for the next-gen games in the upcoming consoles to have a "successful" release with tons of games. (Vita sales are not so good because the lack of games)

It will be possible to see GT6 on the PS3. Don´t like the idea because is not going to be "way better" if they don´t get rid of all "standard" content (not the cars i mean tracks too) and the car list itself. The graphics details is what concerns me too because the PS3 is not capable to do more as it is doing right now. BUT if all cars are Premium, all tracks looking as good as the new ones (SPA, RACE X and Nürburgring because it is new not remade) and then having the features that we want,with a great car list, the game will be as better as we wanted to be after all.

At first i was not too sure about it until i saw this year´s E3. But that was the message from Sony at least for me. Possible will be but not because of that news...

"You told us earlier how interested you would be in buying the PS Vita version of the latest Gran Turismo game. Knowing that you might be able to get a discount on the PS3 version of the game, how interested are you now in the PS Vita version"

To me this is translated as they are going to release a Vita version of Gran Turismo but the "a discount on the PS3 version of the game" sure refers to GT5. (maybe not but the Vita version sounds like a 2013 release that it is in the works)

They needed what 2 more years to finish gt5??? There gonna finish it and drop it on ps3 is ps4 is not announced by the time there done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back