Link: Evidence that GT6 on PS3?

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 43 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony's PS3 is only about 3 million consoles behind the Xbox 360 (total sales). A solid GT6 could move more consoles and surpass Microsoft's 360.

PS3 makes the most sense. It just does.

GT7 on the PS4, assuming it happens, gives PD and KY a lot of time to 'develop' and no body will complain if it takes 4-5 years (but we probably should).

And Xbox may go "bye-bye" in the US because of the Motorola lawsuit.

Was reading through news topics on my Android when this popped up in the Playstation section. Possible evidence that GT6 will be on PS3 as well as Vita.

http://m.digitaltrends.com/gaming/g...to-playstation-vita-as-well-as-playstation-3/

The survey says "latest Gran Turismo game", which so far is GT5. Until the release of GT6, the "latest Gran Turismo game" will keep being GT5. What it refers to would thus be a PSVita version of GT5, which in this hypotethical situation would give a discount on the PS3 version of GT5.

A discount on a 2+ year old game (As GT5 would be by the time a Vita game was released) is hardly appealing though, is it?

It would be so awesome having GT6 on the PS3. We had Gran Turismo 1 and 2 on the PS1 and 3 and 4 on the PS2 so it would make sense to put GT6 on the PS3.

Hmm...Polyphony seem too distracted with GT Academy to be honest, if it's anything like GT5 (i.e. not finished) then I won't buy it.

I think it was made clear by Kazunori indirectly that GT6 would be on PS3, I recall him saying that GT5 is like "the new operating system for the future software".

People not having to shell out for a PS4 would make for better sales as well. People that already own a PS3 would most likely purchase it right away. And seeing as another "super slim" PS3 is on the way that will more than likely cost less than the current slim, it would move more consoles and therefore, probably more copies of GT6.

PS4 is going to be the biggest waste of time for PD. They will have to wait at least 3-5 years and i think they will be ready with the next gran turismo before that

I kind of want the next GT to come out as a full game for the next system. They need to work on higher fidelity all the way around. So keeping the graphics we have with premium cars, more or less, should allow them to focus on creating a fuller package around it. I'm talking about them keeping a consistent 60 (for real this time) frames, having a more complex structural geometry for the cars and tires running so that the physics are much more improved and especially allowing many more cars on track at the same time.

So them promising that, with a more robust online component ('cause let's face it, we're going in that direction of focus much more these days anyway), will make me quite happy in waiting maybe three or four years for a proper GT successor.

In my opinion I think there still will be something coming toward the end of the PS3's life cycle with the GT name on it, and it'll be something like a Prologue, but not - since Prologues usually come out on the same system the true successor releases on.

I'm thinking what's coming is a whole huge addition/expansion to GT5 that'll be the price of a full game. A slew of new tracks and cars (this is what I believe they're holding out on all the updated old tracks for as well) with the cars all being premiums, I'm guessing somewhere in the range of a few hundred new cars/updated standards.

This could also increase the online side of things as well, maybe bring new physics capabilities and various optimizations/upgrades all in one package. Basically, everything GT5 was supposed to be.

It would make sense because while they do that it could also be a build up toward GT6 at the same time, they could even spend extra time on all the cars making an extra detailed version of them ready for PS4 specifications along with a compressed PS3 ready version set to be used in the next game. So looking at it from a workphase sort of approach, it could be a clever way of being able to continue to push out a smaller product to make us happy while at the same time building the base for the next big true sequel in the game's franchise for the next generation of consoles to avoid the long wait we had to suffer between GT4 and 5.

All pure speculation anyway.

I'm one of those who wish for GT6 to be on the PS3, but you've brought a new light to this whole debate. It does make a lot of sense, especially the paragraph that I've marked in bold letters.

If that would be the case, then yes. GT6 for the new PS console. If PD is going to leave us with this incomplete game and make us wait 4-5 more years to get a new Gran Turismo that will only offer breath-taking graphics and no gameplay value at all, then GT6 should be a PS3 title.

DGXR
For all these reasons stated, and because the PD tradition is to release 2 full GT games per PS console generation, I say GT6 will be on PS3.

Chuck Norris, for sure. :) He can also fit five GT7's and three GT8's on his PS3. :)

Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back