Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
Paulie, I'm sorry to hear tat you and Dragonistic are done. I enjoy your tunes and would love to help you out if I could. Thanks for all your hard work and hopefully you make a comeback (if that is what you want).

RIP LDP - Seriously though, my bookmarked page for GTPlanet is Lions Den Performance, Ive always looked forward to new tunes from you, to either use or compare my own to. Really sad to hear that LDP is consigned to the history books.

Dragonistic had life force him to quit recently as well.

QFT, I barely have the time to play GT5 let alone spend time tuning and testing and I would rather spend what small time I have enjoying the game and racing rather than tuning for the entire time I play.

Really unfortunate as well Paulie, I'm on my 3rd 60 Fat at the moment hoping it will stay good for a while to come but I don't have high hopes based on my past luck. Such a shame that you're out of the game for a while. QQ would it be possible to transfer another persons save to your new PS2 when/if you get one? I've not looked if GT5 is copy protected but I will offer my save if it is indeed possible, sure it's nowhere near as far or as enriched as basically everyone else but it's better then nothing.

To Paulie and Dragonistic,
I enjoyed reading and trying your different tunes here on GTPlanet. It's a shame to see you close up shop. Tuning on GTPlanet will not be the same without you. I hope you decide later on in the future to make a return to the Tuning Forums. Your tuning skills and personality inspired me to start creating my own tunes. Best of luck in the future, and I will be awaiting your return to GTPlanet...hopefully.
-ZDUPH

Now now Paulie, you old croc.. Don't you dare to quit on us. Grit teeth and get a slim unit. I still have my fatty, it's been running since I got it years ago and still no issues.. *fingers crossed*

Now now Paulie, you old croc.. Don't you dare to quit on us. Grit teeth and get a slim unit. I still have my fatty, it's been running since I got it years ago and still no issues.. *fingers crossed*

👍

Also, I think now is a good time to mention you can't leave except in a box. Your choice of material though.

Only for the inner lining, the outside is made out of cold hard steel, with a Holden logo CNC'd on the lid. :D

From ZDUPH ... I don't know how to copy this thing.. anyway.

"I enjoyed reading and trying your different tunes here on GTPlanet. It's a shame to see you close up shop. Tuning on GTPlanet will not be the same without you. I hope you decide later on in the future to make a return to the Tuning Forums. Your tuning skills and personality inspired me to start creating my own tunes. Best of luck in the future, and I will be awaiting your return to GTPlanet...hopefully."

That's it , me too, i've learn a lot with you guys and waiting for your come back.
And you people from Sony*&&#$%%%%??/? must put the red carpet for this guys... PS3 for free and more respect for the people that make you live. I've burn also 3 PS3... If it was not GT ...... aiaiai!!!!!

Sorry you're having PS3 problems again Paulie.:ouch: If you do decide to come back to GT5 let me know and I'll send you some cars, well if the PSN ever starts working again.:scared:

If I come back, and I probably will eventually, I still have an old back-up save from a few months ago. It's just a pain in the arse given all the progress I've made since then, you know?
It doesn't change the fact we are presently indefinitely out of business.

Already said it before bro, GME's monkeys are always there to lend a hand. 👍:) Just say the word and we'll help bring things back up to spec for you.

It only just occurred to me, maybe I can get Sony to fix this unit and I'll retain my save game, then back it up and buy a Slim anyway for reliability. Stupid thing about this unit is YLOD is supposed to be from overheating yet this one never got used much due to having much less time on my hands these days.

It only just occurred to me, maybe I can get Sony to fix this unit and I'll retain my save game, then back it up and buy a Slim anyway for reliability. Stupid thing about this unit is YLOD is supposed to be from overheating yet this one never got used much due to having much less time on my hands these days.

YLOD can mean all sorts of different failures. Usually it is caused by the solder cracking and causing the chips to come lose, but this isn't always the reason for the YLOD.

LDP GTR Spec X Predator Edition
(828bhp @ 7,200rpm) (89kgfm @ 6,200rpm) (1362kg)

TsukubaCircuit_2.jpg

Description: The ultimate Japanese supercar gone wild, the Spec X is the most extreme expression of the most technological road going sports car on the road today combined with old fashioned tuning and sheer, brute force courtesy of LDP's engine tuning department. Developing in excess of 800bhp this GTR packs one hell of a punch, particularly off the line, but by no means has the Spec X been turned into a one trick pony. This GTR is designed to go around corners fast as well using the monstrous tower of power provided by the VR38DETT, complete with high RPM turbo's, to catapult you towards the next turn or given enough room (and longer gearing) will go on to over 240mph.

Base Model: Nissan GTR Spec V '09

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust System (Chosen for appearance and noise but will accept other exhausts)
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Engine and Chassis as neccessary during the cars lifespan.
Front Splitter
Extensions
Rear Wing

Tuner's Notes:
Extremely fast straight line performance, don't overshoot braking.
Dif' set up to not cause understeer at high speed but subsequently will oversteer out of slow corners, controllable but be aware of it. Short shift to avoid this problem if you don't have precise throttle control.
Generally stable in all other environments.

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Transmission:
1st: 3.453
2nd: 2.231
3rd: 1.589
4th: 1.190
5th: 0.938
6th: 0.777
Final: 3.700
Max Speed: 236mph

Downforce:
2/22

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 5/13
Acceleration: 20/45
Deceleration: 10/20
Torque Split: 25/75

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 15.2/10.0
Dampers Extension: 7/6
Dampers Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/4
Camber: 2.2/1.5
Toe: +0.18/-0.10

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/5

Hi there LDP, Id just like to say I am loving this tune for the GT-R! So many other users on this forum have (correctly) warned that 840HP is perhaps too much for the car, despite the tune but I believe your setup is one of the best available. While tinkering around with it, I think I may have made a slight improvement...

...I changed the front Toe angle to (-0.04) and changed front and rear Ride Heights to (-18). Small changes indeed but it works well with the rest of your setup, allows the car to steer in nicely (and hold its line better) when accelerating out of slow corners.

Have a try and tell me what you think? The main downside ive noticed is the tyres wear out slightly quicker.

Yeah they told me when I rang them today.:grumpy:

You should just get a slim.. my PS3 YLODED a few months ago (60GB) and the fan noise from the slim is much more quiet which means it must be cooler inside than the fat... also make sure your ps3 has room to breath (The Back Around A Metre Away From Any Walls)
Hope Ths Helped!

Well Paulie if you come back, and you need help resetting up your shop, Dylan and I over at RVR would be glad to help you out. :)

I'll be getting another refurb under their warranty, and I still have a save from a month and a half ago which will probably be missing some key, expensive, rare cars (Chappy 2D and Falcon V8 Supercar). When this one dies in another couple weeks, well I guess I'll keep doing to them until one lasts past their warranty and buy a slim. BTW my 40GB was whisper quiet, the 2nd one I had though ran the fans on turbo all the time.

Been using your tunes since GT4 and haven't come across a tune of yours that i didn't like. Send me a FR and i could give you any tradeable car and parts to get you going again. Best of luck.

I'll probably be back when PSN is back now, got another refurb running but in order to reclaim all my bonus cars and junk I'll need PSN so won't bother with GT5 until then. I'm not holding my breath over how long this one will last of course, but I've tried moving the cabinet forward a little to give it a bit more breathing room at the back. Sony should realise not everyone has a mansion to position their consoles in.

Edit: Scratch that, it would seem my 4th PS3 may have just died the 2nd time I tried turning it on. Watched a movie on it last night, and apart from a noisy disc ejection/injection and hard to install HDD (??) it worked, but now today there's no picture, no sound and the controllers don't recognise it as being on. I only got this one Friday and installed it yesterday.

Last edited:
'cor.. thats some pretty bad reliability... I'm still running original fat unit. Its standing up on end, on a desk... i guess good cooling helps.

I just tried your McLaren F1 tune... deffinately the best tune on here for my style. so much better 'turn in' than all the others. A bit more out of corner oversteer under power though, but i like that.

Post up on here if you want any cars, i'm sure the masses can gift you some.

Edit: Scratch that, it would seem my 4th PS3 may have just died the 2nd time I tried turning it on. Watched a movie on it last night, and apart from a noisy disc ejection/injection and hard to install HDD (??) it worked, but now today there's no picture, no sound and the controllers don't recognise it as being on. I only got this one Friday and installed it yesterday.

Just how many mirrors did you break when you were a kid? No-one can have THAT bad luck..

Paulie just can't get a break. I'm still using the original 60GB BC PS3 on end in the open... If you were closer I'd loan it to you.

Paulie, you need a NEW ps3 the refurbs are just completely un-reliable I didnt even think
of getting a refurb and just got a new one.... its worth the extra money!

'cor.. thats some pretty bad reliability... I'm still running original fat unit. Its standing up on end, on a desk... i guess good cooling helps.

I just tried your McLaren F1 tune... deffinately the best tune on here for my style. so much better 'turn in' than all the others. A bit more out of corner oversteer under power though, but i like that.

Post up on here if you want any cars, i'm sure the masses can gift you some.

Thanks for the positive praise on teh F1, even though it's still a pretty hard car to handle, that will never change.👍:)

Just how many mirrors did you break when you were a kid? No-one can have THAT bad luck..

Paulie, you need a NEW ps3 the refurbs are just completely un-reliable I didnt even think
of getting a refurb and just got a new one.... its worth the extra money!

Well it's time for some good luck, because that was my 3rd refurb, and therefore 4th PS3 in total, they're going to send me a brand new slim PS3 this time, new controller and all- that's pretty friggin sweet. If I had more room to play with I'd try and make it even more well ventilated, but it's hard to ingore the fact that it was a different problem every single time with all 4 PS3s, only one YLOD, which would suggest it wasn't necessarily a location location issue.

Back