List of cars represented incorrectly

• Thread starter Gerarghini
  • 462 comments
They used the endurance racing tyres which were available at the time - they did use racing tyres. Whether the racing tyres used were equivalent in grip level to sports tyres or comfort tyres or even maybe less grippy than comforts is another matter and not relevant to this thread.

Not just the weight - the power of the Gillet Vertigo in the game is enormous - from memory I think it is 892bhp against the real race cars 355bhp.
It's very strange, because in 1966 Sports Car Cup, we used Sports: Medium tires instead of Racing: Hard Tires.

And the real Vertigo has 420 BHP and not 355 BHP.

It's very strange, because in 1966 Sports Car Cup, we used Sports: Medium tires instead of Racing: Hard Tires.

And the real Vertigo has 420 BHP and not 355 BHP.

In our race series we chose tyres to suit the performance of the cars and generate an enjoyable experience, but the tyres in GT6 are not directly comparable with what was used in the past - the real tyres probably had very little grip.

The power of the Gillet Vertigo race cars is quoted in Wikipedia at 355bhp for a couple of the different versions, but I have also read the figure of 420bhp for one of the cars - both those figures however are considerably smaller than the 892bhp quoted in the game. There is a Judd powered Le Mans car in the game which also has about half the power of the one in the game (its name escapes me at the moment - something Hybride?).

For me the biggest shame is the lack of power in the R390 Road Car since when tuned to around 550bhp through extra parts, its actually really competitive. Really wanted this beast to have more stock power. - its been 350 every game though.

Probably beating a dead horse here, but the Lancia Stratos Rally Car '77 lacks its proper Alitalia sponsorship (replaced with PD logos). It had the accurate livery in 4. Why censor Alitalia of all companies on such an iconic car is just beyond me.

Also, if this interests anyone on the 2-year-old thread, the ESSO logos (and the ESSO Ultraflo Supra as a whole) are not available in NTSC because ESSO as a brand doesn't exist in America (henceforth why the cars with logos had them replaced by mother company Exxon).

Probably beating a dead horse here, but the Lancia Stratos Rally Car '77 lacks its proper Alitalia sponsorship (replaced with PD logos). It had the accurate livery in 4. Why censor Alitalia of all companies on such an iconic car is just beyond me.

From what I remember, Alitalia had gone bankrupt (January 2nd 2009, which would be about seven months before GT PSP came out and year before GT5 released) so PD couldn't really get permission to do so.

Well, it makes sense for GT5, but not for GT6. Guess copypasting the Stratos as opposed to making it a new model complete with the proper livery (as was done to the road car) was simply too easy to be overlooked.

Also, I'm pretty sure I see ZENT logos on the Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 (which lacks the FIA/WEC markings). As far as my Japanese knowledge goes, ZENT operates pachinko, which I'm pretty sure is gambling. Why does that get to be available?

Well, it makes sense for GT5, but not for GT6. Guess copypasting the Stratos as opposed to making it a new model complete with the proper livery (as was done to the road car) was simply too easy to be overlooked.

Again, there was no Alitalia for PD to get permission from. In fact, they only just came back into operation under new management January 1st 2015 (well after GT6 came out). If PD are gonna do a proper livery with sponsor include, NOW they can.

Also, I'm pretty sure I see ZENT logos on the Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 (which lacks the FIA/WEC markings). As far as my Japanese knowledge goes, ZENT operates pachinko, which I'm pretty sure is gambling. Why does that get to be available?

You'll also see Zent on several Super GT cars (Usually, Toyota/Lexus models). Gambling is not really as frowned upon as Alcohol and Tobacco Soonsorship so its much more easy to get in game.

I'd also like to point out that the Citroën Xsara Rally Car '99 is missing its MoviStar logos above the number, as well as the error on the OP. Again, it sort of feels like the whole ESSO thing.

All the current GT500 cars are EXTREMELY misrepresented.

Most of the cars, such as the GT-R, the SC430, and especially the HSV-010 GT have the wrong amount of torque and the wrong amount of horsepower.

The HSV-010 GT is the worst offender. It was made to compete with the 2008 SUPER GT cars already in the game, but as a result, these cars can be beaten by GT3 cars, which is extremely inaccurate.

iirc the GT-R R35 GT500 has around 530 HP instead, and the torque figures are much less than they should be.

Just for investigation purposes regarding the Gillet Vertigo livery thing: I've booted GT4 to check with Gillet dealership banner and it displays a same livery, so it's indeed some sort of presentation livery.
upload_2020-7-31_23-38-28.png

Back