List of cars represented incorrectly

• Thread starter Gerarghini
  • 462 comments
My bad... Didn't know that the RX-7 FD had two facelifts. Now I see why are two Mazda RX-7 Type RS's. The 1998 is the Series VII while the 2000 model is the Series VIII. ;)
As I said, PD didn't exactly follow reality. They can't even use the defense that the Series VIII is a JDM-only version. They used the Series VIII body and their version of that engine for both the 1998 and 2000 RS, even though they had the Series VII body/engine already in-game and should have used that for the 1998.

I have a feeling that Autech Stagea is represented wrongly ingame. I found this on wikipedia.
Prefacelift is called "260RS Autech Version" and it looks like this
ModelOto7231_Stagea.jpg

Facelift one is called "Autech 260RS"
post-48272-1204292898.jpg

Then why does the latter one have the name from first one?
This seems to be problem ever since GT2
I want to suggest this car and I may have found at least naming mistake

I have a feeling that Autech Stagea is represented wrongly ingame. I found this on wikipedia.

Wow, nice find.

I notice there's another Stagea behind it too, coincidentally. Unless that was on purpose, but it looks like a car park.

Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza '08 is 4WD in the game, but the description says that the drivetrain has been changed to FR.
Should it have been FR in the game like the Cusco Subaru Advan Impreza '03?

Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza '08 is 4WD in the game, but the description says that the drivetrain has been changed to FR.
Should it have been FR in the game like the Cusco Subaru Advan Impreza '03?

The '03 is FR in real life, and the '08 is 4WD in real life. It says so in "Car Info."

mount-panorama-motor-racing-circuit-1_original.jpg

GT6

1997-tvr-speed-12-prototype-2.jpg

TVR-Cerbera-Speed-12.jpg

img106.jpg

Here is the only photo where the car looks like the one in GT6. (Lights and mirror are wrong)

Last edited:
ModelOto7231_Stagea.jpg

post-48272-1204292898.jpg

Looks better than the one in real life.

Don't know if these were mentioned, but the Nissan R390 GT1 is not a straight shot 1,000kg. It's weight after doing some research is 1,098 kg give or take 1,030 kg.

Also, The Peugeot 908 HDi FAP's and E92 M3 position lights do not turn on while in 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place like the Toyota TS030 and Audi R18 do. I do not know if this is a representation, but those cars being premium, their position lights should be fully functional.

The Peugeot 908 HDi FAP's and E92 M3 position lights do not turn on while in 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place like the Toyota TS030 and Audi R18 do.
Are you telling me this is actually taken into account for in GT6?
I need to see this.

It would be good if they update the car.

Wikipedia said
Since the original bodywork had been destroyed, TVR had to use a remaining shell from one of the GT racers, which proved a positive point as with the increased downforce the car would be even faster round a track than before.

It could be difficult to make a premium model of the version represented in GT6, considering that the original bodywork of that version was destroyed and replaced with a shell used on TVR's GT racers.

Again, I do not know if this has been mentioned, but The Ford GT40 Mark I '66 is described incorrectly. The Description says "This Historic machine achieved a much-desired Le Mans victory with an incredible 1-2-3 finish." That is actually incorrect. The Ford GT40 Mark II was the car that went 1-2-3 in Le Mans in 1966.

My '70 Charger and '70 Cuda both have paddle shift only. Not only is this wrong, but in the interior view in replay shows a floor shift. I'm sure there are more like this.

In 1997 it still looked like this:

tvr_speed_12_prototype_1.jpg

Because that was the basis for the car they raced in 1998:

Abit late on this but yes, anyone with GT2 should remember that.

Should also be noted that in 97-98, it was simply the called "Speed 12" before the bodywork changed in 2000 and it became the "Cerbera Speed 12"

The CLK LM wheels don't match the car in real life. It has the wheels from the CLK GTR in the game.

CLK LM
4787643527_3b895771a2_z.jpg

CLK GTR
clk-gtr%208.jpg

Not sure about other details. The specs might be wonky like they are for other GT1 and Prototype cars.

No one GT3-spec car race in SUPER GT are restricted to poorly 350bhp. For example, the Hatsune Miku SLS GT3 from TeamUKYO this year run with 560bhp. The JAF-GT spec GT300 car is basically a prototype car with silhouette from street cars. Also, it's very lightweight than GT3 car, who is based directly from a street version.
Yes, didn't the Super GT Series adopt the FIA GT3 specs to replace GT300? And GT500 was replaced with DTM specs.

These may have been mentioned before:

Lister Storm V12 Race Car - Headlights, bonnet, mirrors, exhaust etc.

Real Car:
lister_storm_1999_photos_1.jpg

GT6
maxresdefault.jpg

Gillet Vertigo - Headlights, front bumper, wheels, etc.

Real
screen-shot-2014-06-12-at-09-48-04.jpg

GT6
maxresdefault.jpg

These may have been mentioned before:

Lister Storm V12 Race Car - Headlights, bonnet, mirrors, exhaust etc.

Real Car:
lister_storm_1999_photos_1.jpg

GT6
maxresdefault.jpg

Gillet Vertigo - Headlights, front bumper, wheels, etc.

Real
screen-shot-2014-06-12-at-09-48-04.jpg

GT6
maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry to burst your bubble, but both have accurate real-life versions.
And the real-life cars you've shown were different models than in-game.

8ayq1fGv0tzUOxiDlfkaig.jpg

1213725412.jpg

I'm sure that the Ford Mark IV Race Car '67, Ford GT40 Race Car '69, Chaparral 2D Race Car '67, Ferrari 330 P4 '67 and Jaguar XJ13 had used Sports: Hard tires instead of Racing: Hard Tires in real life.

They used the endurance racing tyres which were available at the time - they did use racing tyres. Whether the racing tyres used were equivalent in grip level to sports tyres or comfort tyres or even maybe less grippy than comforts is another matter and not relevant to this thread.

And the weight is wrong.

Not just the weight - the power of the Gillet Vertigo in the game is enormous - from memory I think it is 892bhp against the real race cars 355bhp.

Back