List of cars with Gitched Instruments (gauges)

• Thread starter HuskyGT
  • 93 comments
I've noticed a number of new cars have working clocks and trip computers and things inside, but this isn't the case for some GT5 cars. The SL 55 AMG for instance, has a clock locked to 00:00.

Nissan R34 V Spec II Odometer does not count at all. It stuck at 51(?) KM. Carried over from GT5 and not fixed.

The 1 Series tii speedo gets more inaccurate at high speed, reading 235 at 240.

The 'new' Megane R.S too, though I can't remember the degree of speedo inaccuracy.

The Stratos' oil pressure gauge swings around the zero mark and the trip meter increases rapidly, possibly due to being calibrated for a lower power of 10.

The Elise 111R's speedo is apparently calibrated for the wrong units like the Shelby GT500.

Assuming carryover bugs, the Supra's turbo gauge is calibrated wrongly and the C3 Corvette is calibrated to kph instead of mph.

More should be aware of non-working gauges if interested.

The innacuracy seems to be a problem in the regular 135i too. It's not that bad though. I'll have to try the tii.

I'll have to check the 111R's. I know the new Elise and the Evora have mp/h speedometers, so maybe there was a confusion by PD's part.

The C3 doesn't surprise me. It was wrong in GT5 as well.

Latest find was the boost gauge on the Ford GT. Used to spin nicely in GT5 (especially with an upgraded supercharger) but now it's stuck only a slight movement on the oil pressure and that's it. The C6 ZR1 also has a non functional boost gauge as well.

On a different note, I was driving some sort of muscle car (can't remember) and it read in Km/h rather than MPH as labled.

Latest find was the boost gauge on the Ford GT. Used to spin nicely in GT5 (especially with an upgraded supercharger) but now it's stuck only a slight movement on the oil pressure and that's it. The C6 ZR1 also has a non functional boost gauge as well.

On a different note, I was driving some sort of muscle car (can't remember) and it read in Km/h rather than MPH as labled.

I know the oil pressure gauge worked in the Ford GT, but not the boost gauge. Maybe I can't remember correctly. If this is the care, then it's another step down by PD.

As for muscle cars reading Km/h rather than MPH, that seems to be a very common issue. If you can remember the car, then I'll add it. I think speedometers and tachometers are the most important and useful of instruments and they should work properly. The rest are just an added bonus and they can fix them after they have fixed the main instruments.

The GTO's speedometer is indeed wrong. It may look right at first glance but then it quickly becomes apparent that the needle is quite a bit faster on the speedo than your actual speed.

Ferrari 430 has a broken RPM Gauge as what gear your in :\.

Edit: No RPM Needle or shows what gear just blank.

the RX7 (FC) clock is off by a hour. when the in game clock reads 13:03(1:03pm) the cars clock reads 2:03pm(or 14:03).

Don't know if this counts but the Apexi FC Commander in the RE-Amemiya RX7 is off and not working.

Race car gauges are set up so that a driver can glance at all the dials quickly and see if they are all vertical.

Vertical on the tach should be at max or near max rpm.

Found a couple more. Quite annoying, I must say, because these instruments are very useful if you drive with HUD off..

- Aston Martin V12 Vantage. Gear indicator only works on reverse. Not showing other gears.
- Aston Martin One-77. Same thing, plus the digital speedometer doesn't work at all.

Back