List of current Gr.1/Gr.3/Gr.4 cars and their possible replacements in GT7/8

Now, I’m not living in La La Land when I bring this up, but,… the Civic GT500 is happening. That could give PD ides to build certain cars for certain series. We know they built the Subaru and Lancer Gr.3 cars(and current Suzuki race cars). There’s always a possibility they go that route, for certain cars, instead of licensing a real homologated machines.

Posting here because an update to the Gr.3 roster (AMG GT3 Evo) is coming:

I would love the nissan z gt500 and given pd’s relationship with nissan i’d like to think it’s possible, but like you said there’s seems to be no logic behind pd’s car choices. We live in hope lol
Nissan's relationship with PD scaled down somewhere during the Ghosn crapshow that led them to cut down their racing programs (otherwise they would have been a GTWS partner with that immunity).

Last edited:
Posting here because an update to the Gr.3 roster (AMG GT3 Evo) is coming:

Nissan's relationship with PD scaled down somewhere during the Ghosn crapshow that led them to cut down their racing programs (otherwise they would have been a GTWS partner with that immunity).

Already ahead of you but thanks anyway :D

Also a quick addendum: The R8 LMS Evo II is already in the game as GT Auto parts for the R8 LMS Evo.
I wish they made it as a official variant with those parts , that would save them time and focus on other cars
A215403_overfull.jpg

and it could used the updated livery to be in style of the previous one

Last edited:
Also a quick addendum: The R8 LMS Evo II is already in the game as GT Auto parts for the R8 LMS Evo.
Already told him that myself:

I'd like to highlight the fact that technically, the R8 LMS Evo from 2019 can be turned into the Evo II from 2022. So to a degree, we already have it since that only difference between the two visually is just the rear wing.

Yeah, I’m not a big GT3 fan, but having the R8 Evo, NSX, ‘18 GT-R, ‘17 RC F and now the AMG, this is looking good.
133CDD86-2DEC-4598-83BB-9239A67DFCD1.jpeg
C5C592F7-39C6-4CCA-B55C-3462304ED456.jpeg

I’d need the latest Vantage, but having most of the Super Taikyu cars available in game, it’s love. :)

It doesn't necessarily have to be new cars. Personally, I don't care about that. I prefer that they bring me several real car options that prove competitive in the four groups of Sport Mode.

It was mentioned in another thread that modern GT3s may have their licensing temporarily captured by Kunos, Turn10 or other production companies, so that Polyphony/Sony have difficulty covering the licensing proposal and introducing the new GT3s and GTEs cars in GT7. But there is a solution to avoid creating dummy cars that many don't like, like me.

There is a universe of GT1, GTS (GT2) and GTR (GT3) cars that could perfectly suit Gran Turismo's Gr.3. See for example the list of FIA GT1 and LMS cars that served in the first decade of the 21th century and in the early years of the last decade.

• Porsche 997 GT3-RSR '06
  • Panoz Esperante GT-LM-Ford '07
  • Ferrari 550-GTS Maranello '05
  • Ferrari 575-GTC '05
  • Ferrari F430 GT2 '07
  • Chevrolet Corvette C6.R '09
  • Ford Matech GT1 '10
  • Saleen S7-R '07
  • Spyker C8 Laviolette GT2-R-Audi '06
  • Lamborghini Murciélago LP670 R-S '06
  • Jaguar XKR GT2 '10
  • Lotus Evora GTE '11
  • Ford GT-R Mk. VII '11
  • TVR Tuscan T400R '05
  • Lister Storm GTM '06
  • Maserati MC12 GT1 '06
  • Chevrolet Camaro Reiter GT '12
  • McLaren MP4-12C GT3 '13
  • Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 '13
By the way, PD has already brought five cars from the cast of this period of GT racing, which is the BMW M3 GT2 '11, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '13, Ferrari 458 GT3 '13 and the Aston Martin DB9 GT1 '10.

In addition to this european e american cast, Super GT cars from the first decade of the 21th century could also return to GT7, such as:
  • Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA '08
  • Subaru CUSCO ADVAN IMPREZA '03
  • Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
  • RE Amemiya AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 '04
These cars must have a license accessible to the PD.

Last edited:
  • Porsche 997 GT3-RSR '06
  • Panoz Esperante GT-LM-Ford '07
  • Ferrari 550-GTS Maranello '05
  • Ferrari 575-GTC '05
  • Ferrari F430 GT2 '07
  • Chevrolet Corvette C6.R '09
  • Ford GT1 '10
  • Saleen S7-R '07
  • Spyker C8 Laviolette GT2-R-Audi '06
  • Lamborghini Murciélago LP670 R-S '06
  • Jaguar XKR GT2 '10
  • Lotus Evora GTE '11
  • Ford GT-R Mk. VII '11
  • TVR Tuscan T400R '05
  • Lister Storm GTM '06
  • Maserati MC12 GT1 '06
  • Chevrolet Camaro Reiter GT '12
  • McLaren MP4-12C GT3 '13
  • Matech-Ford GT1 '09
  • Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 '13
There is an obvious omission from your list that's available from GT's back catalog (unless you want cars outside of that), the Audi R8 LMS Ultra '12:
car_58_7168_54b8ff0c53475.jpg

"McLaren:
Gr.3 - 650S GT3 > 720S GT3 / 720S GT3 Evo
Gr.4 - 650S Gr.4 > Artura GT4"

Loving this. Would be my first wish for a change. was watching the 1st British GT race of the season which has plenty of 720S GT3s and Artura GT4s. Joe Osboune the commentator who is also a McLaren development driver said the Artura GT4 has 400hp (after BoP). He also said McLaren thought about making the Artura the new GT3 car 😮 Made me wonder why PD have so many Gr4 cars with such low HP in the BoP. They are heavy and slow. I rarely drive them now as they are so slow. Some Gr3 cars are going the same way. The recent nerf wasn't welcome at all.
If you're doing Custom races, tune them with those higher BHP figures and balance the PP to keep the cars competitive.

Loving this. Would be my first wish for a change. was watching the 1st British GT race of the season which has plenty of 720S GT3s and Artura GT4s. Joe Osboune the commentator who is also a McLaren development driver said the Artura GT4 has 400hp (after BoP). He also said McLaren thought about making the Artura the new GT3 car 😮 Made me wonder why PD have so many Gr4 cars with such low HP in the BoP. They are heavy and slow. I rarely drive them now as they are so slow. Some Gr3 cars are going the same way. The recent nerf wasn't welcome at all.
FIA GT4 regulation and GT7 Gr.4 is quite different - real GT4 are like close around 400hp like you said some cars might go over but they get more weight and so on

gt4.png

while GT Gr.4 is more like around 350hp plus minus , also in real GT4 there's no FF or 4WD while in Gr.4 there are

in my opinion the Gr.3 is fine

if Mclaren is thinking about Artura GT3 already then the 720s GT3 must be really struggling

Last edited:
The EVO II is not just a flippin body kit guys, the cars drive significantly differently.
I know but in this instance , it doesn't really need it when we already got the parts - i wish PD could make the variant with those parts, tweak it a little and call it done

Last edited:
FIA GT4 regulation and GT7 Gr.4 is quite different - real GT4 are like close around 400hp like you said some cars might go over but they get more weight and so on

View attachment 1251645

while GT Gr.4 is more like around 350hp plus minus , also in real GT4 there's no FF or 4WD while in Gr.4 there are

in my opinion the Gr.3 is fine

if Mclaren is thinking about Artura GT3 already then the 720s GT3 must be really struggling
Gr.4 in practice seems to be general production-based race cars (VLN/Super Taikyu) rather than purely FIA/SRO GT4. Also, the issue of horsepower/performance creep in GT4 class will be probably something be asked in years to come.

Gr3 is not fine. That's the first I've ever heard anyone say that.

The 720S GT3 is far from struggling. Quite the opposite. Do you watch GT racing? It was more that the Artura is such a good platform that it could have been used as a GT3 car, and that because the 720S road car is being replaced by the 750S it could have made sense to get the Artura name in with the big boys.
I do watch GT racing but not as often anymore but what i heard it struggles mainly in endurace races
doens't really matter but if the Artura GT4 will be better platform , i do expect the GT3 sooner than later

Last edited:
So far the oldest active Gr.3 car is the Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3

Let's hope for the Aston Martin Vantage AMR GT3/GT4 shows up in near future

Last edited:
Ye that's the thing , not every team wants to buy whole new car platform since that costs alot of money

also the reason why Evo versions exists , cheaper upgrade path than buying whole new car

sometimes you can still see old GT3 cars around like that Vantage V12 or in some cases the 458, 650s and the same case will be with 488 after 296

Last edited:
Are these car teams made up for the movie?

MV5BN2E0ZWU1YTYtMjI4Mi00OTIwLTk5OTYtYmVkYWU1YzVkMmMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1MTg4Mzc@._V1_.jpg
MV5BMjQwZmQwN2EtMDRkOS00NjI1LWJkZjAtNzQ1M2Q3NjUyMTg1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1MTg4Mzc@._V1_.jpg

MV5BNzNiY2YwYWUtMjk1ZS00YzdlLWE5MDQtNzQzNjZiMDNjYmI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1MTg4Mzc@._V1_.jpg

Would be cool to see them ingame tho , btw notice that 720s GT3 , Camaro GT3 and that C8 GT3.R (?)
also for some reason there is Aston Martin AMR Vantage but not GT3 but GT4 and it seems to be masked to be GT3? at least from these pictures

Last edited:
Back