List of current Gr.1/Gr.3/Gr.4 cars and their possible replacements in GT7/8

Plus, the fact PD have separated the FF Gr.4 cars for specific Sport Mode races. It can be done for the 4WD sedans as well.

PD should have disengaged the front axles of the Huracan and R35. It was done for the NSX.

Plus, the fact PD have separated the FF Gr.4 cars for specific Sport Mode races. It can be done for the 4WD sedans as well.

PD should have disengaged the front axles of the Huracan and R35. It was done for the NSX.
yep the R35 easily FR , Genesis FR , WRX FR , Huracan MR - just don't know what you would do with Veyron and 155

Veyron maybe could be done into MR but the 155 would probably be bad as a FR or get rid of 155 and replace it with Giulia GTAm Gr.4

other option you could have actual 4WD class in Gr.4 and then copy some cars into actual Gr.4 but with switched wheel drive

Last edited:
yep the R35 easily FR , Genesis FR , WRX FR , Huracan MR - just don't know what you would do with Veyron and 155

Veyron maybe could be done into MR but the 155 would probably be bad as a FR or get rid of 155 and replace it with Giulia GTAm Gr.4

other option you could have actual 4WD class in Gr.4 and then copy some cars into actual Gr.4 but with switched wheel drive
That’s what I meant by the 4WD sedans. Place those cars in a separate class.
The Veyron could follow MR drivetrain.

As for the 155, it’s a classic touring car. ITR/DTM. It could fit in a 4WD sedan class and/or the appropriate classic ITR/DTM class of a One Make series. At least until an equivalent class of car is added(not wishing for it - just using it as example): 190E Class 1, that raced against the 155.

1692512400480.jpeg

Womble had a similar idea , what a coincidence :D
Mostly i agree with his ideas but i do have some tweaks

Modern GT500 Supra is different it is not the same as the current Gr.3 Supra , instead let them add actual GT500 Supra and i would keep the Audi DTM in GT500 why not

in GTLM i would add Porsche 911 GT1 and maybe add BMW M3 GT and Z4 too , later they could bring Corvette C6.R , Viper GTS-R Team Oreca , Nissan R390 GT1 and Toyota GT-One - this would be really bombastic class with all of these cars

Personally i would split LMPs into LMP and LMPh , mainly because modern hypercars are slower than older LMPs , otherwise its good :P

Most likely they won't but they could move some cars into their own category instead like the Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette or those Gr.4 FF cars

GTLM class would be in Gr.2 obviously
First of all, I'll answer what I highlighted in bold in the second post. The IMSA GTLM class (if we talk about this class) is actually roughly equivalent to the GTE class, with the addition of some suitably modified GT3s (such as the BMW Z4 and M6). The performance of cars in this class is undoubtedly closer to that of the Gr. 3s in the game.

Speaking of BMWs, neither the M3 GT nor the Z4 would be well placed in Gr. 2: the former has never been a FIA GT1 car (but a GT2 according to the 2011 regulations), and the Z4 is even a GT3 .

Apart from that, in Gr. 2 there would be some chaos. I'll explain. Currently there are the GT500/SuperGTs, as well as the only modern DTM car in the game, together with the two GT1s according to the regulations in force until 1998 (Mercedes CLK-GTR and McLaren F1 "Longtail"). Among the cars you listed, I could agree for example on the addition of the Porsche 911 GT1, the Nissan R390 GT1 and the Toyota GT-One.

On the other cars you listed (Chevrolet Corvette C6.R and Chrysler/Dodge Viper GTS-R), a hint on their placement could come from the current placement of the Aston Martin DBR9: in the game it is placed in Gr. 3. They should probably be in Gr. 3 also the two above cars.

In Gr. 1, well... In my opinion, the thing that definitely needs to be done is to separate the Group C cars from the LMPs. The HyperCar class also deserves a place of its own, but currently there is only the Toyota GR010 in that class.

If I may give my suggestion... A possible solution would be to create "historic" groups. So for example you could redefine the classes:

• Gr. 1 "Historic": all Group C cars;
  • Gr. 1 "Modern": the various LMPs, perhaps appropriately divided into Gr. 1 Hybrid and not;
  • Gr. 2 "Historic": the old FIA GT1 cars of the late 90s (Mercedes CLK-GTR, McLaren F1 GTR "Longtail", Nissan R390 GT1, etc.);
  • Gr. 2 "Modern": the current GT500/SuperGT, the latest proper DTM-spec cars (as the Audi RS5 DTM);
  • Gr. 3 "Historic": FIA GT2 cars from the late 90s and GT1 from the early 2000s (Aston Martin DBR9, Chevrolet Corvette C6.R, Chrysler/Dodge Viper, etc.);
  • Gr. 3 "Modern": the current GT3s, plus some cars similar in performance (such as the already mentioned BMW M3 GT '11);
  • Gr. 4 "Historic": cars like the Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti, and perhaps others that could arrive (such as the Mercedes 190E);
  • Gr. 4 "Modern": the current Gr. 4 BUTs with the exception of FF and AWD cars;
  • Gr. TC (Touring Cars, obviously): this would be a completely new group, the current Gr. 4 FF would converge here, together with those currently AWD sedans that could easily be modified as 2WD.

But we all know that will probably never happen... Not before GT8 I'm afraid, and maybe not even.

Last edited:
As for the 155, it’s a classic touring car. ITR/DTM. It could fit in a 4WD sedan class and/or the appropriate classic ITR/DTM class of a One Make series. At least until an equivalent class of car is added(not wishing for it - just using it as example): 190E Class 1, that raced against the 155.
If we ever get that Mercedes it will most likely be this one
mercedes_085c.jpg

How "current"? Becuase the dtm cars nowadays are all gt3 cars.
Yes, I know... Unfortunately DTM is now a GT3 championship like many others, nothing more (and has lost a lot of its appeal indeed, at least as far as I'm concerned). I was referring to the latest proper DTM-spec cars (as the already in game Audi RS5 DTM, for example).

I edited the previous post to make it more understandable. You were right to point this out to me.

Last edited:
First of all, I'll answer what I highlighted in bold in the second post. The IMSA GTLM class (if we talk about this class) is actually roughly equivalent to the GTE class, with the addition of some suitably modified GT3s (such as the BMW Z4 and M6). The performance of cars in this class is undoubtedly closer to that of the Gr. 3s in the game.

Speaking of BMWs, neither the M3 GT nor the Z4 would be well placed in Gr. 2: the former has never been a FIA GT1 car (but a GT2 according to the 2011 regulations), and the Z4 is even a GT3 .

Apart from that, in Gr. 2 there would be some chaos. I'll explain. Currently there are the GT500/SuperGTs, as well as the only modern DTM car in the game, together with the two GT1s according to the regulations in force until 1998 (Mercedes CLK-GTR and McLaren F1 "Longtail"). Among the cars you listed, I could agree for example on the addition of the Porsche 911 GT1, the Nissan R390 GT1 and the Toyota GT-One.

On the other cars you listed (Chevrolet Corvette C6.R and Chrysler/Dodge Viper GTS-R), a hint on their placement could come from the current placement of the Aston Martin DBR9: in the game it is placed in Gr. 3. They should probably be in Gr. 3 also the two above cars.

In Gr. 1, well... In my opinion, the thing that definitely needs to be done is to separate the Group C cars from the LMPs. The HyperCar class also deserves a place of its own, but currently there is only the Toyota GR010 in that class.

If I may give my suggestion... A possible solution would be to create "historic" groups. So for example you could redefine the classes:

• Gr. 1 "Historic": all Group C cars;
  • Gr. 1 "Modern": the various LMPs, perhaps appropriately divided into Gr. 1 Hybrid and not;
  • Gr. 2 "Historic": the old FIA GT1 cars of the late 90s (Mercedes CLK-GTR, McLaren F1 GTR "Longtail", Nissan R390 GT1, etc.);
  • Gr. 2 "Modern": the current GT500/SuperGT, the latest proper DTM-spec cars (as the Audi RS5 DTM);
  • Gr. 3 "Historic": FIA GT2 cars from the late 90s and GT1 from the early 2000s (Aston Martin DBR9, Chevrolet Corvette C6.R, Chrysler/Dodge Viper, etc.);
  • Gr. 3 "Modern": the current GT3s, plus some cars similar in performance (such as the already mentioned BMW M3 GT '11);
  • Gr. 4 "Historic": cars like the Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti, and perhaps others that could arrive (such as the Mercedes 190E);
  • Gr. 4 "Modern": the current Gr. 4 BUTs with the exception of FF and AWD cars;
  • Gr. TC (Touring Cars, obviously): this would be a completely new group, the current Gr. 4 FF would converge here, together with those currently AWD sedans that could easily be modified as 2WD.

But we all know that will probably never happen... Not before GT8 I'm afraid, and maybe not even.
The groups are definitely in need of tidying up and your suggestions here are good.

I like the idea of some groups being augmented with other historical cars, like how the Skyline Super Sihouette, which is in Gr.3, is a lot like a Group 5 car. What's to say that something like the Lancia Stratos Turbo couldn't also be in Gr.3?

EDIT: I'm also still hyped up over the fact that we got modern DTM cars in GT again with the Audi RS5, so hopefully similar cars from BMW, Mercedes-AMG, and Aston Martin will also show up sooner than later.

Last edited:
I like the idea of some groups being augmented with other historical cars, like how the Skyline Super Sihouette, which is in Gr.3, is a lot like a Group 5 car. What's to say that something like the Lancia Stratos Turbo couldn't also be in Gr.3?
By the current GT7 groups yeah it would be Gr.3 same as Skyline Super Sihouette

From Gr.1 side, an interesting situation could happen with regards to the Ligier JS PX. It is not meant to be raced, instead being intended for track days, but in event they add the GT Movie version of JS PX, I could see PD "forcing" it to be in Gr.1. (This would also a double benefit for leagues because now they have an "actual" LMP2 car, instead of using 2011 R18.)
1692716630276.png

That GranTurismo GT4 gave me nightmares in ACC, learning no ABS was quite a journey. Would be nice to have them tho but I bet the MC20 GT2 will probably come on GT 8, things look very slow in terms of adding racecars on GT 7.
If I was charged for tyres in ACC I would be broke after the amount of them I ruined from massive lock-ups driving the Maserati Gran Turismo GT4.

Last edited:
If I was charged for tyres in ACC I would be broke after the amount of them I ruined from massive lock-ups driving the Maserati Gran Turismo GT4.
LOL you went through all 10 sets. JEZUS!:lol: For me at best, I'd use at least 6 in which out of the 6, 1 set would catch a puncture. Then I abandoned it for the Audi R8 GT4

Need a touring car category, like what we had in past games. The Civic and MX-5 TCs should have a place. PD saw fit to make the Silvia(Yeah yeah, it's pretty close to the Super GT300 Silvia) and Swift(really?) meet the Gr. homologation.

Ain't gonna happen, but if Gr.4 is here to stay, should be a feeder category for amatuer-intermediate grassroots type race cars.

Thinking about this more: I think the radical solution is actually to remove Groups altogether.

Manufacturers Cup can still go on, it just becomes "you have to use your loan car" like it was in GT Sport (this also sorts the loophole where picking Nissan or Ford gives you flexibility on car choice depending on the circuit). Then you define events, both in single-player and Sport Mode, by expanding the #tags car type system that they already use to define valid cars for the Kei car events. That way PD can define as many "groups" as they want, but they can still just make a "racing car" event if they want mixed grids for something.

Nah groups are fine , they just need sub groups to be more "accurate"
I mean, isn't what the tags and model year restrictions are for? There was a Group C-only Daily Race and a 90s GT500-only GTWS Nations race, but they work with hardcoded whitelist instead of what I mentioned. The closest to what I mentioned was the American Gr.3-only Daily Race at Daytona, which used country limits.

I mean, isn't what the tags and model year restrictions are for? There was a Group C-only Daily Race and a 90s GT500-only GTWS Nations race, but they work with hardcoded whitelist instead of what I mentioned. The closest to what I mentioned was the American Gr.3-only Daily Race at Daytona, which used country limits.
i know they can hand pick them , thats not the issue but the bop is - like in Gr.1 with C cars with hybrid cars

I've been doing a lot of custom multiclass endurance racing too personally, and I usually place each car in its own category as designed by PD, I have plates for Groups 1 to 4 and each car in each group has that particular plate on the custom liveries I make for them all. But I will admit, I have found the balance between the cars, even for the AI leaves a lot to be desired.

Personally, I wouldn't actually change much about Gr.1. I would keep the VGT cars alongside the real Le Mans Prototype cars. Most of the VGT cars were designed to have modern LMP1 levels of downforce and are hybrids, so I believe they fit into Gr.1 as a whole better than the Group C cars. I believe PD made a big mistake, as most of us do, when adding the Group C cars to Gr.1 in Sport. Simple fix there is just add Gr.C and it even fits neatly into the class naming convention PD has going.

Gr.2 is interesting, I've been having a lot of fun using this as my main class I drive in for the AI endurance races in custom race, but it's true the balance for online isn't quite there. I would simple spin off the prototype GT1 cars if they add more, but keep them there for now until more are added. If the HSV-010 and Supra GT500 from 2005 are added, they could also spin off the 2008 cars into their own class with those. Then of course the Audi and the three 2016 cars can be spun off into Class 1 or something. Surprisingly, I also find the Lexus VGT fits with the 2016 GT500 and Audi very well, so they could make a Gr.2 version of that or add it to the class with very little work.

Gr.3 is tough, GT3, late-era GT1 and GTE are all very similar in terms of performance, so they only cars really standing out here are the really old ones like the Skyline Silhouette and McLaren F1 GTR, but those cars don't quite fit anywhere else really. So I don't have much good advice for this class.

Same with Gr.4, all I could suggest is they spin off the FWD cars into a TCR class, but there aren't any real-world TCR cars at the moment so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to name a class that right now. Also the 155 DTM doesn't have anywhere else to go either unless they added more classic DTM machinery, which is doubtful at the moment given the leaks, so not much to say about Gr.4 really.

So all I can really say is they should spin off Gr.C of course, then split Gr.2 once they add a few more cars to fill out each era which it's hinted they will be adding the appropriate machinery for later on.

Back