Little Duckpond Under The Mountain.

• Thread starter Thorin Cain
  • 763 comments
Mazda RX500 '70 550pp
RX500.jpg

Click top line description for link to database.

Tuned by request for @romynovanda

Specifications:
Performance Points: 550pp
Max. power: 411 BHP
Weight: 840 Kg
Weight Distribution: 50:50
Drivetrain: MR
Tyres:RS

Enjoy your drive.

You are very welcome Romy. I am very happy to be able to help you get some more enjoyment out of this great game.:D And as always it is great to see that my tunes can help people beat all my laptimes:(:lol:

Thank you for your support and more importantly for your feedback, I have learned more about tuning by helping you adapt some of them to suit you better. And I really can't thank you enough for some of the suggestions you have given me to try out. They have made a big difference to some of the cars and are going to be useful in the future.:cheers:

Honda NSX-R Concept '01 550pp
NSX-R Concept.jpg

Click on top line description for link to database.

Built by request for: @romynovanda. (And for me too. Well it is an NSX after all:D)

Specifications:
Max. power: 472 BHP
Weight: 1044 Kg
Weight Distribution: 46:54
Tyres: Racing Soft

Tuned around the usual spots. This NSX is tuned just a little differently from the '02 type-R. I have tried to make this one a little safer but still retain the same agility as the other one. I hope you like the feel of the car. It has been a long road travelled with over 600 miles today alone, this baby feels like part of me now.

Have fun and enjoy your drive!

View attachment 171296

Built by request for: @romynovanda. (And for me too. Well it is an NSX after all:D)

Specifications:

Tuned around the usual spots. This NSX is tuned just a little differently from the '02 type-R. I have tried to make this one a little safer but still retain the same agility as the other one. I hope you like the feel of the car. It has been a long road travelled with over 600 miles today alone, this baby feels like part of me now.

Oooooooooo I'm tuning this now :D

View attachment 171296

Specifications:

Another very good tune Thorin, not as fast as you tune for the production model at this PP but still very fun to drive :)

Another very good tune Thorin, not as fast as you tune for the production model at this PP but still very fun to drive :)
Thanks Damo:cheers:

Yeah, I found the same thing. I did try the same suspension setup as the other one and it worked quite well on Grand Valley with the LSD just a little different but not so good on Nurb GpF or Brands Hatch. This one is a little more of an all-rounder and I think might work better on the harder tyres or sports tyres than the production car. I'll be testing out that theory tomorrow doing some seasonal races. :D

If you would like to try an alternative, copy the tune to another settings page if you have one available and try this. Set ride height to 85/85, flip the springs and ARB and set comp at 4/6 Ext at 6/6. Brakes at 7/5 or 7/6. And toe angles to about -0.12/0.05 or 0.06. LSD to about 6/12/10-12. I tried this earlier and it was a bit more to my usual tastes but it was a little angry if I got it wrong.

2 new cool tunes for the 550PP test that am still running, can't wait to take them for a spin in the Green Hell!!! đź‘Ť:)
You're still testing 550s!? Seems like you've been doing them for ages.:lol:

Yeah, I know, there's loads more at that pp than probably all the rest together. Hope you're enjoying the testing, there are some really nice cars in this bracket. Sorry I added to the pile:P

You're still testing 550s!? Seems like you've been doing them for ages.:lol:

Yeah, I know, there's loads more at that pp than probably all the rest together. Hope you're enjoying the testing, there are some really nice cars in this bracket. Sorry I added to the pile:P

Normally I have a lot of spare time but with the worldcup now etc I dont have the time for testing that I had with the 450 and 500 classes that I already did. The 450 class was done within 2 days, 500 in less then a week. But then I played for 5 hours a day, now it's more like 90 minutes per day so the progress is slow atm. :embarrassed:

Normally I have a lot of spare time but with the worldcup now etc I dont have the time for testing that I had with the 450 and 500 classes that I already did. The 450 class was done within 2 days, 500 in less then a week. But then I played for 5 hours a day, now it's more like 90 minutes per day so the progress is slow atm. :embarrassed:
I totally understand that bud. It's pretty much the same for me at the moment. Football every day and the weekends taken up by the restart of the F1, Moto GP and Superbike seasons, not to mention the decent weather. I'm only managing about 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day on GT myself most days.

Hey thorin,

So with the update camber is meant to be fixed!, any idea how this will effect your tunes?.
Hi Damo. Yes I saw that! I can't wait to get back home from work so I can find out.

I have a couple of ideas how it may effect them but I really want to try out a few before I can commit to any one answer. I have conflicting ideas to be honest, Either the tunes will still work as before and the camber will make them even better when I get the balance of he two ends of the car right, or the cars will all handle really poorly due to lost grip in the bends and corners but will be back to close to what they were before, after the camber is added.

I had been using camber a little in most of my most recent tunes(as you probably noticed) as I had found that there were benefits in stability in the corners as well as letting me manage the grip from both ends of the car there was just no extra grip as there should be. I am going to do a bit of testing today and once I have it worked out I will be going over the old favourites to get them sorted before I go anywhere near more new tunes.

Do you have any particular tunes you would like me to prioritise? All Ferrari's and most of the Hondas need not be mentioned as these are up top of my list already.

If anyone else has any of the tunes they would like re-checked and updated post up a list and I will get to them in good time. I still plan to go over all of the old tunes to recheck them anyway so they will all get the treatment but I'd like to be able to get through the tunes you guys use the most first.

Hi Damo. Yes I saw that! I can't wait to get back home from work so I can find out.

I have a couple of ideas how it may effect them but I really want to try out a few before I can commit to any one answer. I have conflicting ideas to be honest, Either the tunes will still work as before and the camber will make them even better when I get the balance of he two ends of the car right, or the cars will all handle really poorly due to lost grip in the bends and corners but will be back to close to what they were before, after the camber is added.

I had been using camber a little in most of my most recent tunes(as you probably noticed) as I had found that there were benefits in stability in the corners as well as letting me manage the grip from both ends of the car there was just no extra grip as there should be. I am going to do a bit of testing today and once I have it worked out I will be going over the old favourites to get them sorted before I go anywhere near more new tunes.

Do you have any particular tunes you would like me to prioritise? All Ferrari's and most of the Hondas need not be mentioned as these are up top of my list already.

If anyone else has any of the tunes they would like re-checked and updated post up a list and I will get to them in good time. I still plan to go over all of the old tunes to recheck them anyway so they will all get the treatment but I'd like to be able to get through the tunes you guys use the most first.
Sounds good my friend, I've been sat here at work wandering what the was going to happen

Obviously the Ferrari and Hondas but also the spirra, gtr v-spec (r32).

I use a lot of your tunes and don't want to overwhelm you with work while you work out what's best for adapting the cars so I can give you a full list once the dust has settled down.

Hopefully there is a easy fix and it's a case of just adding a little bit of camber but something tells me it won't be the same for all.

I look forward to seeing the results :D

Sounds good my friend, I've been sat here at work wandering what the was going to happen

Obviously the Ferrari and Hondas but also the spirra, gtr v-spec (r32).

I use a lot of your tunes and don't want to overwhelm you with work while you work out what's best for adapting the cars so I can give you a full list once the dust has settled down.

Hopefully there is a easy fix and it's a case of just adding a little bit of camber but something tells me it won't be the same for all.

I look forward to seeing the results :D
Alrighty then. I do hope that all most of them are going to need is the correct amount of camber added then it's all good, but when do things ever turn out to be that easy? If that is the case then it really shouldn't take too long to get through a fair amount of them.

I do have a reasonable idea how to achieve the balance that will be needed for them, it's just a matter of will anything else need to change too. I think at most it'll be toe angles and possibly ARBs but we shall see.

Dino And cien have no problem with the new camber update.
Talking about Tunes, you should try The 2j, a little nerfed but still a monster!
With Praiano tune It Can do easly 1.28, but Im 100% sure You get instaban after a win :lol:

Talking about Tunes, you should try The 2j, a little nerfed but still a monster!
With Praiano tune It Can do easly 1.28, but Im 100% sure You get instaban after a win :lol:
I've had a little play around and I think the cars without camber are going to be mostly the same as before. Some of the MR cars might be a bit different(That's me going to be a busy boy then:banghead:)due to the other physics change. The big thing is that they are all going to be better driving and faster once there has been the right amount of camber added and a couple of minor changes that might be needed to assist it.

As for the ones which already have any added, I think these may now have some issues so I am going to start by fixing those, which shouldn't take long. I'm going to be doing a post where I will include a list of updated cars and I will put a link for it in the O.P so it can be found easily.

It will be a looooong time before I'll go close enough to try that thing. A monster it may be but, I have ideological objections to using it, not to mention it's just sooooooo ugly. If it's the second last car in the game I don't have then I might consider it. And most of the rooms I race in you'd get instaban for even getting in the thing.:D

Oh, forgot to say.:embarrassed:

Thanks for the heads up Claus!:cheers:

Dino And Cien have no problem with the new camber update.

Edit: when i tested the cien i was in the redbull ring, but now that im on monza i see the horrible changes of the camber.
i tweaked camber a bit and accel lsd too, but i dont know anything about camber :banghead:.in the first wide turn after the chicanes, the car goes...straight,unless you stop accelerating 2-3 times while steering like the devil to the right, for the rest i managed to let the car go almost perfectly and if you exit from the parabolica as close as possible to the internal grass you will not end up plowing the fields. max i can do right now is 1.29.3xx if i do the lap better than montoya.

Edit: when i tested the cien i was in the redbull ring, but now that im on monza i see the horrible changes of the camber.
i tweaked camber a bit and accel lsd too, but i dont know anything about camber :banghead:.in the first wide turn after the chicanes, the car goes...straight,unless you stop accelerating 2-3 times while steering like the devil to the right, for the rest i managed to let the car go almost perfectly and if you exit from the parabolica as close as possible to the internal grass you will not end up plowing the fields. max i can do right now is 1.29.3xx if i do the lap better than montoya.
I was actually in the middle of writing up a post about this to let you all guys know what I have been findingwhen this popped up. So as good a time as any and all that!

I have found that the camber is definitely working well, that's for sure. I have only had a play about with a few cars so far while racing wit friends and doing a bit of testing in my trusty F430. As I spent most of the time on here in conversations about a few things. Ahd It looks like I was right earlier when I said I was pretty sure iI would have to redo the toe angles and roll bars. It also looks like I'm going to have to revisit the LSD as well.

I have been conversing with @DolHaus and @Ridox2JZGTE quite a bit in the Camber Theory thread and a few others recently and they have taught me quite a lot about the LSD and its functions that I'd been previously unaware of ,And how important it was going to be to get the best out of any changes in the physics. So a huge thanks goes to these guys.:cheers:

I've got the day off tomorrow so I'll be up a little later tonight, I'll try and drag myself away from here for a while and go and hopefully fix a few cars.

I'll start my update thread with a list of the first few I'll go to work on and update them when I can.
Honda NSX Type R '02 (Almost ready! Well you new it'd be first;))
Cien
Scuderia
Spirra
Opera Performance S2000
Evora
GT-R Vspec R32

I'll keep you posted guys and Gals. Your feedback as always is appreciated and please let me know if there are any more you want looked at sooner rather than later.

The post Version 1.09 Update update.

Here I will be posting a list of updated tunes as and when they are edited in the original posts.(Or as soon as I can afterwards.) I will be doing most of the testing in online free runs.

Honda NSX Type R '02 Tune re-worked 19/06/14

Scuderia mini update. Tune reworked 03/07/2013 at Suzuka.

Opera Performance S2000 '04(Thorin Cain's version) Tune updated 27/7/14

Ferrari FXX '07 Tune updated 27/7/14

Alfa Romeo 8c Competizione Tune updated 27/7/14

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car Tune updated 27/7/14

Honda HSV-010 Base Model Tune updated 28/7/14

Last edited:
Tested some gt500, SEEMS(because Im Not 100% sure) that The camber update didnt affect Most of Race Cars, but since Most of races with gt500 i did were in Monza, gonna test them here, wide turns Will give me the answer đź‘Ť

Mazda RX500 '70 550pp
View attachment 171032
Click top line description for link to database.

Tuned by request for @romynovanda

Specifications:
Max. power: 411 BHP
Weight: 840 Kg
Weight Distribution: 50:50
Tyres:RS

Enjoy your drive.
This car is just a MONSTER I tested it this afternoon (with the new physics update) and it obliterated all my other 550pp cars on the Green Hell, it was over 5 seconds a lap faster then my n2 car and the only one to do it below 6.30 (6.27) this car needs no re-work imo it's freakin AWESOME!!!

Back