little gt4 media

  • Thread starter Thread starter cobragt
  • 45 comments
  • 4,062 views
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

wow...oh my goddess...just wow... :crazy: I think it really looks alot better than GT3. The first thing I notice when looking at the comparison is the landscape away from the track and around. Just amazing! 👍 Looking at these new pictures from a far away distance makes me think I am looking at a REAL life photoshot of that section of a track.
 
THE_MaKrUs
look at this picture from that site:

02.jpg


look at the bottom. Under the little pictures are Credits!

But why? Are we have to pay a tax to drive throw the "Flugplatz"?

Now we see so many menu-pictures with diffrent layouts. Which is the final?

mfg
Markus

The story doesn't mention any fees, but that's what they look like to me too. The pics too small, and I can't read most of them.

Regarding the "menu", it says that this is the "course select" screen for the "gt mode." After you've selected the course, you can choose from four different mode of run. I think the first one says "free run." Second, the "sokokai", editor guesses that it's like free run on the track with other cars. Third is "photo drive", the last mode says "family cup".
 
XspudX
Arent the pits at Monaco on the cost side now?
That's what I was just saying.

cudadude2
i thought they were going to make the Monaco track much narrower, more like the real track. width looks the same to me.

b
That's what I was just saying.
 
You know, the graphics in GT4 DOES make GT3 looks a little cartoonish in ways. GT4 has more of a realistic look to it. It's almost as if you're actually at the track. Everything looks so real. When a fantasy track looks like you can actually visit that place and maybe watch a race or check out some pre-race festivities.

I'm sorry I don't have much to talk about. Been doing this early bird shopping. If I come up with something else, I'll be back in the future.
 
Alot of confirmtation there. They changed alot of the landscape, structures and shadows.
Some examples

Grand Valley
Landscape-1 pic shows a mountain thats moved a bit over and made higher
Structures-Bridges supports go down pass the road. The bending parts.
Shadows-Tunnel after bridge (forward) shows more light and matches better.

Cote D' Azur
Landscape-Same. Mountains are changed a bit and look better.
Structures-Buildings show more detail. Roads a bit darker.
Shadows-Same shadows look they way they should.

Good improvements. 👍
 
I was in Monaco for the Rally back in January and walked the track which, as most of you will know, is made up of normal streets for most of the year.

Even with GT3 I felt I knew the place before we started walking around. The pictures from GT4 look even closer to the real thing although I didn't notice if they include the work they've done down by the harbour or not.

Here's a picture of the real thing for comparison!
 

Attachments

  • Monaco1.jpg
    Monaco1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 103
I've been there myself.

I have relatives that live about 2 miles away from the track itself.
 
Could someone post couple of those pictures from site. It doesn't work with my computer.
 
When GT3 came out, I think PD wanted to come up with sensational racing environments. The improvements from returning tracks (such as Grand Valley, Special Stage Route 11, etc.) were pretty sensational for the most part. How did you all feel the first time you noted some nice visual enhancements to the returning GT race tracks? I was actually blown away by racing around Grand Valley. Seattle had some nice visuals even with the construction of Safeco Field. But you look at GT4, and tracks have kind of gone old school. The best clarification of that is with Grand Valley. Grand Valley had city buildings in the background and a beautiful view when you cross the bridge into the track's final tunnel. When GT3 was out, I was disappointed that the tunnel view was very limited. These photos have taken some of the old-styled tracks and simply made them better than ever. The returning tracks from GT3 look to have very nice graphics as well. In fact, I can't wait to drive around Tokyo R246 again.

Oh, I've almost forgot! High Speed Ring got a big makeover as well. That is going to be a sweet place to back to racing action. I don't think I've seen any GT4 pictures of Motor Sports Land, so we have no idea what it would be like to race or drift around this place. In fact, I predict it will be a great match racing venue. And if GT4 is going to capitalize on drifting, drift races should be held here. It can also serve as a tough-as-nails rally course if you do things the American way- cover the track in dirt and make a "dirt" track out of Motor Sports Land. Of course, a "dirt" track with more than 4 turns.
 
Maintenance. We just have to be patient. :)
 
Patient? *Eye twitch* I've been patient for almost a year waiting for the game..ahh..losing my mind, losing my mind!!
 
OOooooooooh, linky worky...childish, I know. Have to let it out sometime though, right? Sweet pics, looks a LOT better than GT3, and even then I thought it was pretty good..
 
very nice changes, and as Creep666 says, it didnt look half bad to start with did it?
 
I loved the shiny asphalt effect in GT3.
 
Someone point me in the right direction if this has been covered, but looking at those pics wander, are they going to use the old layout of Monaco, or the new F1 layout that they used this year? I'm guessing they'd use the old layout as they have all the dimensions for it.
 
Back