Live - Dual 24 Hour of Nurburgring Races

United States
Tampa, FL
NingDynasty
For the past several weeks 6 drivers have been preparing for the 24 Hours of the Nurburgring. This is the live update thread for their 24 Hours adventure.

IMG_20140109_194226.jpg

Thursdays Qualifying session proved to be very exciting with the finals coming down to Brian and Sean who both won the right to start their teams respective races.

qualifying.png

The teams were then setup with Sean (right) leading Rocket Racing and being joined by Pete (left) and Dad (center).

IMG_20140109_223122.jpg

Brian (center) led the way for Lightning Speed Motorsports with Chris (right) and Ed (left) round out the team.

IMG_20140109_223207.jpg

Saturday's race started promptly at 4 PM with Sean and Brian taking the wheel in the identically prepped 2005 Ford GT (No Stripe) using a Praiano base tune.

7%2520Laps%2520In.png

Through the first set of stops team Lightning Speed Motorsports had the advantage by getting the extra lap and gaining 28 seconds on pace in the first 6.

Driver Diary - Brian - My first stint started very well, taking the lead in turn one with an overly aggressive move but settled down a bit after that. Lap 3 felt good and it turned out to be my fastest lap ever by a 10th. By lap 4 though I finished another beer and started feeling the affects. Slowing down on the drinking helped and I was able to keep focus through the final and 7th lap.

Will update as it progresses.

14%2520Laps%2520In.png

Chris got LSM up to a healthy lead and here are his thoughts after his stint.

Driver Diary - Chris - In one word my first stint of Nurburgring was nothing less than "exhilarating." My first two laps were respectable times, although time was lost in two incidents. A break in thought and a re-assuring message from team mate Brian settled me into the chair entering the third lap to run a smooth and consistent 5 following laps. Looking forward to returning the car for my 2nd showing.

Dad's stint was on the other end of the spectrum and allowed LSM to build their lead.

Driver Diary - Dad - It was challenging, I think it was the nerves coming in to the car for the first time during race day when the pressure was on.

In GT6 we wouldn't be able to have tire wear, nor could we select what AI Opponents we wanted.
Oh I see. Are you guys doing the actual 24 Hour A-Spec event? Or were you doing it in Arcade single race?

Back