Live Stream: Assetto Corsa Competizione Virtual Preview Event

dumpster-fire.jpg

Anyone involved with PR at 505 should be losing their jobs, what an utter, utter mess. One bloke was yawning on stream it was that bad.

We are 7 days from release, no footage, no screenshots, no FPS spec. They haven't even looked at next gen consoles.

Someone must have a gun to head theirs to put this on console, its very clear that 505 or Kunos have any real interest. Hardly bodes well for the future does it.

Deeply disappointed.

I suspect most of the questions that got answered were planted.
Anybody who bought the original AC knows that they don't care about console players. I'm amazed they're even trying again.

That reporter was garbage. He should quit reporting and start doing anything else where he doesn't have to speak to people for a living.

Im glad they are focusing on the physics and the only compromise is graphics. I just wonder if its 60fps? Im assuming so.

That reporter was garbage. He should quit reporting and start doing anything else where he doesn't have to speak to people for a living.

Im glad they are focusing on the physics and the only compromise is graphics. I just wonder if its 60fps? Im assuming so.
Doesn't appear so.
Is it true the sales were higher on console for ac? Il ltry check..

I asked whether this would have AI Online on console as if they understood anything about releasing on a console they would know the player base is smaller for this type of game and so we need to be able to help fill out online grids, what I got back was "NO"

They have no idea on how to make a game tailored to the console, its the standard Kunos/505 Cash grab Console edition
Your view on filling online room with AI is interesting. I had no idea it was a popular feature. Most of the guys I race with it seem to think it's a throw away feature and a bit of a waste of time. Still, it's a shame that a feature you value is not going to be available.

Your view on filling online room with AI is interesting. I had no idea it was a popular feature. Most of the guys I race with it seem to think it's a throw away feature and a bit of a waste of time. Still, it's a shame that a feature you value is not going to be available.
Well on console especially for a sim racing title with a much smaller player base keeping a full lobby is hard so being able to pad out the grid with AI for example if you only have 5 real players is needed. F1 and Pcars do this

Suppose it doesn't matter anyway in this game as they confirmed on their own website there is not even Private lobbies

I asked whether this would have AI Online on console as if they understood anything about releasing on a console they would know the player base is smaller for this type of game and so we need to be able to help fill out online grids, what I got back was "NO"

They have no idea on how to make a game tailored to the console, its the standard Kunos/505 Cash grab Console edition

If anything it should be cross platform compatible. Adding AI in online races just sounds awful.

I’m hoping it’s in 60fps! 30 looks awful sat in my playseat with a 50” screen.

I’m hoping it’s in 60fps! 30 looks awful sat in my playseat with a 50” screen.

Nope its 30fps on base consoles it says on their website, Xbox One X/PS4 Pro conveniently fps not listed which obviously means their hiding that its also 30fps

Dumpster fire does sum up this title, trying to bury the details of 30fps no private lobbies etc 7 days before launch

AC is the best racing sim on consoles in terms of physics and FFB, It might be lacking in content but none of the others come close in terms of feel.
The driving felt great even on a controller but it took a year to add the option to change button assignments, the career was the same races over and over again in different cars from the same class. DLC was months behind the PC version, some DLC was in the loading video then not added to the game for months.

The driving felt great even on a controller but it took a year to add the option to change button assignments, the career was the same races over and over again in different cars from the same class. DLC was months behind the PC version, some DLC was in the loading video then not added to the game for months.
True, but I’ve had some races in AC that were far more rewarding than any other race sim. I’ve not done much of the career mainly online.

its 30fps on all consoles it would seem, certainly on PS4 /Xbone.
Will it still be 30pfs on the Pro? Original AC’s framerate was improved on the Pro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will it still be 30pfs on the Pro? Original AC’s framerate was improved on the Pro.

They haven’t confirmed the frame rate on the PS4 Pro or X1X. I’m assuming it’s higher than 30 but not locked. Idk why they would list the FPS of the base consoles only if the higher consoles were also running at 30. I think they’d just not mention it in that case

You guys are a bit harsh on the reporter.

I thought the reporter did well with what he was given...

Don't blame the bad game on the reporter...

Anyway, it seems like this will not be a day one buy for me despite all the incentives...

I am going to wait and see...

I already have too many games on my hand, and way little time to play any of them.

Looks like PC3 might be a better value for most of us...
ACC is for the GT3 mid to hardcores...

What a mess đź‘Ž and that reporter
Let's not be too harsh on him. He'll have had a very strict brief not to stray outside of - the chosen questions (which largely seemed to come from Italian media not part of the media stream/Q&A portal...) would reflect that. It appeared to be far more of a "how can our game help pros" PR opportunity than I feared it would be.

There were still some substantive answers - some graphical concessions, but physics untouched; base/top console differences - but with a week to go it's so odd there's been zero console gameplay footage.

True, but I’ve had some races in AC that were far more rewarding than any other race sim. I’ve not done much of the career mainly online.

The one thing AC got right was the custom championships with picking the grid and even naming the AI. That was great, I can't remember any game doing the same so well but we were made to wait so long for it.

30 fps? Really? Boy, am i glad i bought a new PC last year...
Next gen...
Edit: not surprising in a way, with current cpus on console, and the detailed sim that is acc. If they bothered to do this on current gen, they will surely put an upgraded pc similar version on next gen.

Edit2: just wish they'd say how it will work, will we have to pay full price again if got this one..

Last edited:
AC is the best racing sim on consoles in terms of physics and FFB, It might be lacking in content but none of the others come close in terms of feel.

only with a wheel though... which means to the other 95% of pad players it was truly horrendous.... Still no clearer on whether this worth getting yet, Im ready for a new driving game I just dont want to get burnt... Im waiting on a trustworthy GT planet review and hopefully a demo...

Let's not be too harsh on him. He'll have had a very strict brief not to stray outside of - the chosen questions (which largely seemed to come from Italian media not part of the media stream/Q&A portal...) would reflect that. It appeared to be far more of a "how can our game help pros" PR opportunity than I feared it would be.

There were still some substantive answers - some graphical concessions, but physics untouched; base/top console differences - but with a week to go it's so odd there's been zero console gameplay footage.

The questions are what the are. Im talking about how short he was with his inquiring. Once a person had given an answer he gave no fs and not even a response. He just skipped to the next question.

He could at least pretend to be human and say something like "thats a great point, im glad you could elaborate on that."

Its not an interrogation, its an interview/Q and A.

Just my take on it.

The reporter wasn't the problem, the problem has been the whole approach to the console version of the game.

We are 7 days away from launch and we haven't seen the game, for all we know, it doesn't even run.

They just ran a preview event for the game and they spent maybe 2 minutes actually talking about the game, instead they had a chat about how great eSport is and showed us some races from the PC version. One bloke had a bit of a yawn and the Kunos dev told us the console version is okay to play. What a ringing endorsement.

Kunos need to find another publisher and at least attempt to look interested in the console version.

ACC could be really good on console and become the reference point for sims in all respects, but as it is its destined to become a little sideshow int he genre.

Lack of 60fps, even as an option with degraded visuals, and the lack of private lobbies are two major concessions I was really hoping they wouldn’t make.

Back