Live Stream: Assetto Corsa Competizione Virtual Preview Event

It looks like the Xbox one X is the console to go with running native 4k..I'm sure the fps will be better than the base PS4 and Xbox at 30..

It's so weird to have people running the game "on the same console" in 30fps while others runa at 60.

I don't know, this 30fps on simulator goes against everything i was told about a simulator should do.
I'll waint and see, but i wont be buying this game on full price.

I've got AC on console and PC and, even if the physics match, the feedback via the wheel definitely does not.

I get the feeling the PS4 can't output as much data via the wheel so, although AC is better than GT Sport etc, it is not the same as the PC version. Guess ACC will have the same issues as well.

The questions are what the are. Im talking about how short he was with his inquiring. Once a person had given an answer he gave no fs and not even a response. He just skipped to the next question.

He could at least pretend to be human and say something like "thats a great point, im glad you could elaborate on that."

Its not an interrogation, its an interview/Q and A.

Just my take on it.

Exactly the same thoughts!

They haven’t confirmed the frame rate on the PS4 Pro or X1X. I’m assuming it’s higher than 30 but not locked. Idk why they would list the FPS of the base consoles only if the higher consoles were also running at 30. I think they’d just not mention it in that case
Speculating here but I feel like this will be their "next gen upgrade". Leave the frame rate unlocked on the Pro/X and when next gen consoles have a "boost mode" that will up clock frequencies for GPU/CPU - they can say the next gen version runs better just off the back that the frame rate is unlocked.

The Xbox one X and PS Pro will have the same options as PC,such as performance and graphics..like Project cars 2 has on consoles..

I really don’t mind the 30fps at this point but the fact that they’ve yet to show gameplay footage from the (base) consoles is worrying.

The game better run at a rock-solid frame rate though. If it’s sub-30fps, oh boy. :lol:

Speculating here but I feel like this will be their "next gen upgrade". Leave the frame rate unlocked on the Pro/X and when next gen consoles have a "boost mode" that will up clock frequencies for GPU/CPU - they can say the next gen version runs better just off the back that the frame rate is unlocked.
Why wouldn't they use the pc version assets? And show the game in it's best way, for sure new gen will be able easily.

I'm not gonna cry about 30fps if it's locked and rock solid. Not fussed about ai online either. But i can understand this would disappoint others.
I'm still holding out hope for a good game, tho it might be quite raw in the beginning, i would imagine they are behind on console development but are still desperately trying to hit the launch date with whatever is ready at the time.
But if no one buys it, they won't bother trying to make it better

I've got AC on console and PC and, even if the physics match, the feedback via the wheel definitely does not.

I get the feeling the PS4 can't output as much data via the wheel so, although AC is better than GT Sport etc, it is not the same as the PC version. Guess ACC will have the same issues as well.
It is really different in feel? Even on a basic wheel let's say like a g29?
Well more reason to hope for a good full newgen version if so.

Because they aren't doing a next gen version unless the PS4 version sells gangbusters.

Well from what i saw, ac sold more than twice on console even, at least in 2017, maybe with mods the pc sold better on long term.

Edit: @John G they are behind on console development but are still desperately trying to hit the launch date with whatever is ready at the time.
Well im sure it's one reason they lack energy in the stream hehe, must be tired from the crunch of dev.

I'm not gonna cry about 30fps if it's locked and rock solid. Not fussed about ai online either. But i can understand this would disappoint others.
I'm still holding out hope for a good game, tho it might be quite raw in the beginning, i would imagine they are behind on console development but are still desperately trying to hit the launch date with whatever is ready at the time.
But if no one buys it, they won't bother trying to make it better

Assuming that the game does run in some sort of half decent state its clear they don't care about console, that means any fixes will take a long time, they've already shown in their roadmap that DLC will come to consoles later than PC. If it doesn't sell well (and to be honest, its not going to) they could easily abandon it and just run on PC...

The complete lack of enthusiasm from 505 or Kunos is a big red flag, even the dev on the stream struggled to say anything positive about it and the other bloke was so bored he was yawning. I've been to funerals that were more lively.

The 30fps is disappointing, not sure about base xbox but we know PS4 can do better than that.

Not really a big fan of the PCars games, but thinking I might go get a used copy of PCars2 instead of this now. ACC appeals because of the GT3 focus and the SRO tie up but everything else tells me to run in the opposite direction...

Been looking at the game on youtube and noticed a lot of viewers asking for pad set ups, that's a big red flag for me as a pad user...

I image it's locked 30fps on base and "target 60fps"

Seems all formats are locked/limited to 30fps.
I really think the pro and x will have higher fps than the base consoles,just like Assetto Corsa does...

All the racing games I have (Pcars 2, GTsport, Wreckfest, AC) look just fine via my standard PS4 Slim on Sony 40" smart TV (and no it's not a 4K TV either) so I'm not bothered with video quality or frame-rate. What I would like to know is if on ACC would the driver positions during practice, qualifying and race would be spontaneously updated and reflected accordingly because on AC (PS4) it certainly doesn't making it difficult to accurately gauge who is in what position during race. That is my biggest pet peeve. It's the only racing game I've played where it's not accurately represented on the fly.

All the racing games I have (Pcars 2, GTsport, Wreckfest, AC) look just fine via my standard PS4 Slim on Sony 40" smart TV (and no it's not a 4K TV either) so I'm not bothered with video quality or frame-rate. What I would like to know is if on ACC would the driver positions during practice, qualifying and race would be spontaneously updated and reflected accordingly because on AC (PS4) it certainly doesn't making it difficult to accurately gauge who is in what position during race. That is my biggest pet peeve. It's the only racing game I've played where it's not accurately represented on the fly.
iRacing is the same. Updates position at the end of a lap.

Back