Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships Nürburgring World Tour (Manufacturer Series)

Merc was optimistic lol
Optimitic yes, but he was outside, so the Toyota should have left enough space on the outside line. I still think Toyota should win, but it was not the way he should have won.

I still can't believe Porsche got only 2s penalty considering they gave 5s in monza to the merc...

Optimitic yes, but he was outside, so the Toyota should have left enough space on the outside line. I still think Toyota should win, but it was not the way he should have won.

I still can't believe Porsche got only 2s penalty considering they gave 5s in monza to the merc...
I can see the point, but narrow track at that speed and you put it on the outside it only needs a fraction of drift or slide from the lead car and you're in the wall, I bet he wouldnt put it there in a real car

I can see the point, but narrow track at that speed and you put it on the outside it only needs a fraction of drift or slide from the lead car and you're in the wall, I bet he wouldnt put it there in a real car
The problem is that the decisions from the stewards are not consistent. If you say it's too narrow to try an outside line, then they should remove half the penalties. The merc (Im guessing?) gave side bumps that were not really ok, but then again, just before, the Toyota was closing the door after the merc put his nose on the inside of the fast left turn…

Overall the races were quite dirty compared to what one would expect from the best GT sport drivers...

Honestly, I think Lexus deserves the championship. If Mercedes didn't divebomb into turn one at Monza and spin Lexus, Lexus would have won the championship easily.
I do agree the end was a racing incident though, Toyota didn't block or swerve erratically so no penalty should be given.

I feel that the races would be much cleaner if PD ditched these super super sprint races. People get desperate to make moves when there’s no time and accidents are prone to happen.
give this proper 15 minutes per race (1H final) it will better indeed, but maybe not ideal for the spectator and time table.

Just curious, on what basis, the Toyota did not Push the Mercedes, it did not do anything aggressively or with evil intent, the only way the Merc could have stayed on track was not going to fast in the turn, or the Toyota braking hard and opening up for a pass.
Nah, the Toyota clearly did not leave space there. Every replay angle that I saw seemed to show that. No matter what the intent of the Toyota driver was, the Toyota didn't leave space for a car that was beside him in the final turn. Lunge or not, the Merc was alongside and was then pushed off the track. Could the Merc have made that difficult turn stick while on the outside? I doubt it, but we won't know because he wasn't left the space to try. Now, I can only assume the stewards felt that the way the Merc was so aggressive in lunging for that space, and even working up towards that corner, worked against their case. I can see that argument too. They probably felt in the end it was most appropriate to call this a racing incident, and like I said, it was a close call so I have no complaints with that decision. But if it were me on that panel, my vote would have been to punish the Toyota. But this is a part of motorsport. We all interpret incidents differently, including stewards.

Stewarding was absolutely shocking tonight, most incidents were handled hilariously wrong. People just punted their way through the field in race 1 and none of it was even investigated. Then penalties lower than the advantage gained, and BMW penalized for absolutely nothing. And the last corner incident, even the Toyota driver said "I drove like he wasn't there". That's absolute madness to not have a move like that ending up in a penalty after giving 2 seconds to BMW.

Now how can you expect any manufacturers showing any interest of being involved in the manufacturers series when the overall win is decided by a single point after an incident like that, when the other races and online seasons show a clear bias towards Toyota and Lexus in the BoP ?

Stéphane Fillastre was looking quite unhappy when handing out the trophies. They really need to step up if they want a chance of renewing the FIA deal after 2020.

Back