Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships Nürburgring World Tour (Manufacturer Series)

So you'd rather have the current totally unrealistic slipstream where you're either in range and get the complete benefit or not? What Hellzfire said sounds much better to me...

The issue is extending the range so much, to the point racing becomes useless because you can't go away no matter what. Going from 0.8 to 1.3s is significant, and slipstream is already quite strong even on lowest settings. This also probably means more dirty air issues. Also, aerodynamics are quite complex in real life, don't expect a linear function to accurately represent what happens when a car gets closer to another one.

If I misunderstood it and the max amount is the same as before, but you gradually get it from 1.3s afar, then yes it could actually be good. But what I'm reading now feels like it's closer to "weak" slipstream, which would be ridiculous.

The cable to the headphones tangled in his wheel.. that looked crazy :)
Hah, yes, I noted that one in the race report, but no, this one was even odder and happened to Adam Wilk...

Changing the BOP ok i can see that happening but changing the physics of the hole game just for Toyota? don't be silly.

Its not just a game at that level if he can't compete cleanly he should get the boot.

The BOP was changed by the ACO not FIA that being said i agree the changes were stupid but this happens in every series BOP is used Blancpain GT gets it (mostly) right.

Talking about bop, pleas pd honda need a bop fix, and it show it did not even make Tournament

Well, at least I got the "making a complete arse of myself on the internet" experience over and done with
View attachment 830196
Don't worry, almost every driver drove dirty at some point (in the manufacturer and/or the supra races), and most did not get penalized as much(or at all).

The BOP was changed by the ACO not FIA that being said i agree the changes were stupid but this happens in every series BOP is used Blancpain GT gets it (mostly) right
Yes, but when ACO proposes a BoP change, the FIA delegates have to approve it. They did it, so it means they found it "fair".

And it is not the same as a blancpain race. For a blancpain race, they give their best in qualifying because the starting position matters. For a multicategory 24h race, the start position does not matter at all, and slowish quali lap are very comon

Last edited:
I just had a thought with regard to the ineffective penalties as I was watching the races - disqualification. Perhaps 3 strikes over a given period of time. It seems a bit harsh but so far the maximum penalty given out is time based and the trade off is often worth it, so those drivers will not change unless something is done.

What does Chevrolet have to do to not get jobbed out at these events? Penalty at Monza for an incident where there was no contact, at least looking at the angle we the viewers got.

I just had a thought with regard to the ineffective penalties as I was watching the races - disqualification. Perhaps 3 strikes over a given period of time. It seems a bit harsh but so far the maximum penalty given out is time based and the trade off is often worth it, so those drivers will not change unless something is done.
This really makes sense in the manufacturer since they have several drivers. If one of these drivers is not driving clean, then the manufacturer team continues with only 2 drivers

What does Chevrolet have to do to not get jobbed out at these events? Penalty at Monza for an incident where there was no contact, at least looking at the angle we the viewers got.
drive clean

Last edited:

I think disqualification might be too harsh and have negative results, but something like - start from back of grid at next race - might be sufficient to have the desired result?

I'm starting to think PD has a certain driver type in mind for these events. Aggressive.

They have to find a way of cleaning it up or it'll never be taken seriously by the viewers.
Such a huge difference to watching the very first event a year ago where I was amazed how clean and respectful the driving was.

The same drivers were a lot more respectful a year ago. Part of it is familiarity/growing rivalries between the drivers. But in my opinion the game has made all of the drivers more aggressive by letting the more aggressive drivers set the tone.

Such a huge difference to watching the very first event a year ago where I was amazed how clean and respectful the driving was.

The same drivers were a lot more respectful a year ago. Part of it is familiarity/growing rivalries between the drivers. But in my opinion the game has made all of the drivers more aggressive by letting the more aggressive drivers set the tone.

Barely any of them were the same drivers, an awful lot of these guys were first timers.

This is what happens when you don't tell people an exhibition series is determining a World Tour.

Don't worry, almost every driver drove dirty at some point (in the manufacturer and/or the supra races), and most did not get penalized as much(or at all).

Yes, but when ACO proposes a BoP change, the FIA delegates have to approve it. They did it, so it means they found it "fair".

And it is not the same as a blancpain race. For a blancpain race, they give their best in qualifying because the starting position matters. For a multicategory 24h race, the start position does not matter at all, and slowish quali lap are very comon
SPA 24 proves wrong mate.

But in my opinion the game has made all of the drivers more aggressive by letting the more aggressive drivers set the tone.

I wouldn't say all the drivers are getting aggressive but those that aren't must be questioning whether to follow suit or not... As long as it's not outrageously aggressive, they'll get away with a warning or nothing.

@mclarenLB How many stewards do they use?

...and do you have a fight club after the event to settle post race disputes?:dopey:

I watched a bit, and the interview at the end and announcers comments definitely confirmed what people have said about it being messy.
I get that they want controversy, but that almost contradicts don’t do anything that makes you look bad and driving is for everyone lol.
MONZA :::facepalm::: I’m not a fan of that track.
I think these events have to dance on the same fine line that makes the game fun...It’s that fine line between video game competition and simulation...I think if they allow it to get out of hand it will become unmarketable.
Tbh I’d like to see an age 30 and up live event.
I think the announcers were excellent as always, but I do have one small criticism...I’d like to respectfully suggest limiting the use of the word brilliant. Outside that, as in every bit I have watched great job. If a race turned dirty they called it as such.
Overall, I think that if there is not a harsher penalty for some of the more ‘optimistic’ moves that they will lose my interest.
Yes, it’s a fine line between boring procession and race, but for me this event was a bit too far towards video game and not enough towards race...jmo

...and do you have a fight club after the event to settle post race disputes?:dopey:

First rule about Fight Club, "you don't talk about Fight Club!" :) :)[/QUOTE]

...but I heard that PD leak stuff to the finalists then friends of friends leak it to us here on GTP.:eek:

I'm waiting for Tidgney's latest vlog to see if he's got bruised knuckles...:mischievous:

I wouldn't say all the drivers are getting aggressive but those that aren't must be questioning whether to follow suit or not... As long as it's not outrageously aggressive, they'll get away with a warning or nothing.

@mclarenLB How many stewards do they use?

They have 3 stewards watching 4 positions each, and a lead steward who makes the final call.

Enough then. Thanks for answering.

On the Nations if anyone's watched it, why did Coque get a 5 second penalty in the Nations final? Was it from clipping some speed off on the wall and causing a concertina? No idea if he was still braking but I'm sure I saw a wall clip. That one confused the hell out of me and by the sound of it, Portillo questioned a penalty he got too. Who needs team radio when you can shout that loud?

Incidents aside, there was some cracking battles worth watching in both cups. Original-14's (I think) Monza chicane pass was sublime.

I'm starting to get used to the let 'em race mentality plus the luck of the draw car choices. While I'd prefer a straight up battle, it's an entertaining spectacle nonetheless and you drivers get a cool busman's holiday and meet up as well as putting on a good show. Win win.👍

I think it's just the commentators screwed up and didn't realize Coque ran out of fuel before the line. I saw somewhere it was actually Cody who took the 5 seconds, but he had a greater advantage than that on Rayan.

This weekend we had 3 stewards and a head steward, all from PDI. There were 2 FIA stewards also in attendance who were there to discuss things through.

There's quite a lot that goes on that isn't communicated to the viewers. Every single incident that happens on tracked is flagged up on the system, and the stewards can get that replay up immediately and watch from every angle the replay mode gives you; all the onboard cameras from any car as well as the broadcast view.

Back