Liveries and their real-life inspirations

• Thread starter dmcdonald
  • 98 comments
I think ispiration is also when you follow a real livery and you change some detail, but in this thread I see also replica's paint, there's not ispiration in a replica, is just a work of research of sponsor and make them for the copy of the real car.
I don't know if I don't undertand the meaning of the post, correct me if I'm wrong......for example
ISPIRATION

REPLICA/COPY

I'm not sure i see the difference there though. In most cases people can't make a "replica"as you defined here anyway, since in most cases we can't, we don't have the cars in this game. If all I'm doing is changing some details to fit one livery to another car i hardly would necessarily call it an original design. I wouldn't call anything I've made original because most are not. The closest i think are my Audis(hard to link on the phone) because i just kinda took the formula they did the original cars but not actually used them exactly as i did with what i posted here.

I think ispiration is also when you follow a real livery and you change some detail, but in this thread I see also replica's paint, there's not ispiration in a replica, is just a work of research of sponsor and make them for the copy of the real car.
I don't know if I don't undertand the meaning of the post, correct me if I'm wrong......for example
ISPIRATION

REPLICA/COPY

Both examples would be a welcome post on this thread.

Gulf McLaren 650S
4900567377085728260_0.jpg

Inspiration
Large%20Image_10772.jpg

I prefer the actual liveries that belong to that car from real life than reusing a version on another car model. Feel like the German DTM and the Japanese gt have the best liveries possible to use from years and years too bad not many of them exist. Would love to see the American GT races to see how the vipers, vettes look when done by the pros to see if they can be replicated. Using the search feature sometimes brings alot of bland versions from people who didnt put effort into it or just seem to be using star wars or other animes or game decals that wreck a livery

Using the search feature sometimes brings alot of bland versions from people who didnt put effort into it or just seem to be using star wars or other animes or game decals that wreck a livery

I totally agree with that. I've just found some gallery with 434 liveries, with only special colors or wheels applied on a plain car. Barely 50 of them has stickers (or I may say 5 of them, because 45 are variations of the first ones with a new base colour).

And with the decal uploader, I can't count the number of liveries where people just fling some sexy anime girls on it to gain more likes. Just see the "trending decals" page...

I prefer the actual liveries that belong to that car from real life than reusing a version on another car model. Feel like the German DTM and the Japanese gt have the best liveries possible to use from years and years too bad not many of them exist. Would love to see the American GT races to see how the vipers, vettes look when done by the pros to see if they can be replicated.

A bit of self-advertising : if you like real car replicas and US Championship, this may interest you.
It's not a Viper or a Corvette, but still...

• First timer here, got a lot for this one replica, here it goes and hopefully it comes out/scrolls correctly. First the real world F40 race car.
  • 4AA72F1F-753D-4E87-B5AA-6CB0812CCAE9.jpeg
    Now my current Gr2 (Super GT500 races) version on a Nissan GTR
    41804684-DC8B-4C8D-BF35-D97FC5ABD8FB.jpeg
  • Back to the Ferrari and a more real “Replica”
    9084C04D-B317-45F4-87FC-E8C996FFFEFC.jpeg
  • I did it in several other colors too
  • 8D31C0C0-00D3-49D9-9E20-633AA0403240.jpeg
  • White was tuff ‘cause the time to switch all the pens and ink decal colors to contrast the base color.
    AF24B4FE-33FD-456A-8368-56FC1CD0ACE2.jpeg
  • Have to have one in red
    42E81E6C-663B-4F4E-A25C-B2B843EB155F.jpeg
  • It looks so good in green
  • 80363C4B-2533-4927-8178-AB2CDAFDE9F4.jpeg
    22752007-4143-4824-ACC5-C82B57B0E4B0.jpeg
  • My name is the same in PSN as here and is open to all so if you want to get your own Pilot F40 replica you bow know where to go. Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back