Liveries

• Thread starter vompatti
  • 67 comments
Finland
Finland
It seems that I'm not the only one who enjoy making liveries. So I thought that one thread for sharing liveries and talking about making them would be nice. I'm going to add some tips in here too, so if you have good tips on making liveries please share them and I'll add them to the first post.

I'll start with couple of things:

• Remember to save your work often. This editor has a habit of crashing every now and then making you lose everything that is not saved
  • Using groups helps a lot with things that take a lot of time. You can save them and use later or copy them and use in a different place in the car
  • You can zoom with the right analog stick after you first push R3
  • There are also lowercase besides the caps too (I actually didn't realize this until a friend of mine told me). You can change it with square
  • If you give your car a dynamic number, it means that in the race the game gives you your "real" number always for the current race

Then some of my liveries. So far I've only done liveries for 348 Challenge.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Addictions you always come up with the nicest designs!👍 If you ever get to the East Coast of the US could you stop by and redesign my house for me? :lol:

Same goes for you vompatti. Very nicely done.

I really like messing around with the editor and feel like I have some skill with it, but when it comes to original designs I have all the imagination of your average dairy cow. I usually have to look around at pictures of real cars to get inspiration.

I've put together a bunch of sponsor logos and saved them. So far, I've done: BBS, Shell, Koni, Pirelli, Bridgestone, Avon, Bosch, Ferodo and maybe one other I can't think of. I'll have to go look in Shift to see what other logos will look good but won't take up too many layers.

Great idea for a thread! Also, check out this section on the Eutechnyx site for some real eye candy: http://forums.eutechnyx.com/index.php/board,36.0.html

My 3 are also on there iching for people to use them.

LOL Manny is that a holiday invite for me and my family.
Designs just seem to come really easy to my. Whether it's from basic shapes or prefixed vinyls.
Would love to pimp your house Manny your driving rig would be the front of a real car and the bonnet would double up as a table, Pop the hood and a perfect leval surface would be there .
Then there the V8 coffee table a nice clean block with a glass top.
Man I think too much.

LOL Manny is that a holiday invite for me and my family.
Designs just seem to come really easy to my. Whether it's from basic shapes or prefixed vinyls.
Would love to pimp your house Manny your driving rig would be the front of a real car and the bonnet would double up as a table, Pop the hood and a perfect leval surface would be there .
Then there the V8 coffee table a nice clean block with a glass top.
Man I think too much.

Oh, my wife's just going to love that idea. :scared::rolleyes: :lol:

Although this design is nothing to write home about, I love the look of the 575 GTC. To me it's one of the best looking Ferraris. It's a handful to drive for sure, but a lot of fun.

picture.php

picture.php

:lol::lol::lol:

I've promised You I would use the Enzo Oldest European Alliance and I will ,but in the 348 I have my own ugly job and I will stick to it:dopey:

Although this design is nothing to write home about, I love the look of the 575 GTC.

Being Modest are we?????:P:D nice work there Manny You should really post it in Eutchenix forum who knows when another job career is on the way:idea:

Sweet jobs.I have a couple too.

I really like that 348 Challenge. Simple design but stylish, sometimes less is more 👍

I really like messing around with the editor and feel like I have some skill with it, but when it comes to original designs I have all the imagination of your average dairy cow. I usually have to look around at pictures of real cars to get inspiration.

I feel the same way. Basically I always try to do racing liveries. When I'm done, if it looks like it could be in a real race car, then I'm satisfied. Basically there is 3 different ways for me to do a design.

1. I take a main sponsor (like that Wurth) and design the car based on it's color palette.

2. I try to design my own colors that would be easy to make so that I could use it in every car in online races (like that silver/gray). But I never find a design that would satisfy me, so it goes on and on.

3. I simply try to copy a real racing cars livery (example to be released soon)

Is there a way in the livery editor to rotate an item something like 271 degrees? It is very useful that it locks automatically on certain degrees, but it in some cases it only causes trouble.

3. I simply try to copy a real racing cars livery (example to be released soon)

Is there a way in the livery editor to rotate an item something like 271 degrees? It is very useful that it locks automatically on certain degrees, but it in some cases it only causes trouble.

I find the scew function is the best way to get any vinyl into position.
I also have copied a few real car but in shift and truth be told the editor isn't that good.
There's an Evo in the Ducati Fila colours
Focus ST in Valvoline/Martini
The General Lee
Supra in Castrol colours
And a Golf in Repsol colours
The rest are home grown, Here's the link too them.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3756173&postcount=466

Last night I spent a little time trying to unlock some of the rest of the cars. I've finally unlocked the 360GT, one of the cars I've really wanted, and tried to think up a design on my own...

picture.php

picture.php

Now I tried to go for the "copy a ready livery", but unfortunately I run to several problems. I couldn't put any liveries on some ares where the model had liveries and I run out of layers :( So actually these pictures are little bit cheated, because I was able to put logo in front only to one side of the car... But here it is anyways, this was what I was aiming for https://www.hiroboy.com/catalog/images/2008-gulf-aston-martin.jpg and this is how it ended up:

picture.php

picture.php

I had thought of trying that livery too. You did a nice job with it. 👍

It's too bad that in the editor you don't have the ability to consolidate, or "simplify" (to use a Photoshop term), the logos so they would only take up one layer. In PS once you simplify an object, you can't go back and edit it, but it takes less room. Maybe Eutechnyx can include something like that on their next game...

Another nice thing would be the possibility to change the ratio of whole group. At least after I did copy that logo, it did allow me to change only the whole scale but not the ratio. That's why it looks bit biased in some places, I simply didn't want to make it all over again to get it look more natural on other places.

Yes, that's bothered me quite a bit too. And so has the fact that on the front or rear of the car certain logos come out very small and can't be scaled up.

Last edited:
That simplify would be an excellent addition indeed. That Gulf-logo took 18 layers and for some reason on the front bumper it didn't allow me to add more layers than 38 or something. That was weird, it was saying 38/51 and still didn't let me put more.

Another nice thing would be the possibility to change the ratio of whole group. At least after I did copy that logo, it did allow me to change only the whole scale but not the ratio. That's why it looks bit biased in some places, I simply didn't want to make it all over again to get it look more natural on other places.

Some great work being posted by vompatti & Manny your really talented why have we not seen this side of you before.

Some great work being posted by vompatti & Manny your really talented why have we not seen this side of you before.

And you man,when do you stop just pimping up the cars and bother in actualy drive them:P;)

LOL @ Your new signature Manny:)

If you keep doing such great jobs Eutechenix will fire Bruno and recruit you:dopey:💡

Thanks! Too bad I had to do a lot of shortcuts in logo's and stuff to save some layers. For example the "E" on Falken isn't like that at all, but I had to take the E that was in text options and use only 1 layer, because the other option was to make it by myself and use 4 layers to one letter... I was generally running out of layers, so that's why it doesn't have so much things on it. Also colors aren't quite the correct shade, but nothing I can do for that. Overall I'm reasonable happy for the result, considering the limitations of the editor.

Latest Posts

Back