Liveries

• Thread starter vompatti
  • 67 comments
WOW your cars over here are really well done using the SCC game, I think I'm going to be a SHIFT refugee. Looking at the capabilities of the art work that can be done with the game, my cars just look a little thrown together but this is the kind of stuff that I'm looking forward to doing when my SCC shows up.

picture.php

I hope there's flame decals.......

Last edited:
Some very nice work from vompatti, NihilismOnToast (we've got to get a nickname for you mate :lol: ) and Stig.

That reminds me, I haven't opened the editor for quite a while...

Some very nice work from vompatti, NihilismOnToast (we've got to get a nickname for you mate :lol: ) and Stig.

That reminds me, I haven't opened the editor for quite a while...

Mr. Toast should do. ;) (Alan G's invention)

I felt inspired by Vompatti and Bruno's efforts. And I quite like the Stig's Minardi too. 👍

I just noticed that if you actually drive with the livery I made above, then you can't see out of the car. It was at this point the game was no longer a Supercar Challenge but a Supercar Catastrophe.

Mr. Toast should do. ;) (Alan G's invention)

:lol: Perfect!

I just noticed that if you actually drive with the livery I made above, then you can't see out of the car. It was at this point the game was no longer a Supercar Challenge but a Supercar Catastrophe.

:lol::lol: Yes, I noticed the banner across the top and wondered how you got around that particular glitch.

I've already prepared a livery for the upcoming F355 challenge series - the return of a mythical livery...

Have to post it here!

As I lost all of my liveries in YLOD, it was time to do a new livery for the 355 Challenge series. Or let's be more specific and say, that it was time to finish it. Once again I ran to the usual problem, I was out of layers in no time, mainly thanks to Pirelli logo :( So a bit more simplified livery this time:

picture.php

picture.php

^^
"simplified livery " You say?:lol:Right! Gotcha Ya:P

Great ,great Work Lassi,sometime simpler is better, which is clearly the case here!
Very nice reproduction of a mythical paint-I love it at the Rally cars...ha,that Stratos was really something.;)👍

Thanks Miguel 👍

I guess with simplified I meant that it wasn't at all as hard to make as Wurth and Falken were. But you are right about how sometimes less is more, maybe I would just ruin it with more available layers :lol: And hey, not only the Stratos, but also the famous 131 Abarth!

Thanks Miguel 👍

I guess with simplified I meant that it wasn't at all as hard to make as Wurth and Falken were. But you are right about how sometimes less is more, maybe I would just ruin it with more available layers :lol: And hey, not only the Stratos, but also the famous 131 Abarth!

Yeah I know,they even did a few Rally de Portugal events back in the days,but that Livery immediately stroke my mind to that beastie Auto that I find one of the most remarkable Rally car of all times(and probably one of the hardest to tame).👍:)

Yeah I know,they even did a few Rally de Portugal events back in the days,but that Livery immediately stroke my mind to that beastie Auto that I find one of the most remarkable Rally car of all times(and probably one of the hardest to tame).👍:)

Indeed. And it was really special otherwise too, because I think it was the first rally car that was designed from scratch for rallying.

Couldn't resist, you hardly ever hear the driver going flat out, he's always tapping with the throttle until the car is on a straight line. Then he hammers it down:

[/Offtopic]

LOL! Well done, Derek. Just to be clear, my goal will be not to see this once in the feature race. :sly:

Yes, considering recent form I was thinking I should put it on the front and invert it so you could see it in your mirror. But that wouldn't be expressing much self belief, would it? ;)

This livrery editor can do very nice things.. if GT5 will be released late in 2010 maybe I will buy that... Is there anybody online still plying?

Yes, I play reguraly on line. Usually there are about 4-8 people in the lobby.Great game, and yes , liveries are cool. Remember to also set up your car, you really can win some seconds here and there with a good set up. I have now done 2 cars, and really notice the difference.

Is anybody still playing this game? Can I ask you something about the livrery editor? How many sponsors are in? I mean in the photos I've seen so far there are only a few, System 3, Koni, Champion and not so many others... Can you please tell me something more about it? Thanks in advance.

Hi!

If I recall right, System3 is the only ready sponsor in the livery editor. Rest of the sponsors you see in the cars are made by players. The annoying part in this is that there is only 50 layers on each place (left side, right side, bonnet&roof, front and rear, and so on). So when you make a sponsor from scratch it's going to take many layers and it will leave you very little layers to play with for the rest of the area.

In my opinion the editor is not very easy to use and it has, just like the game, bugs every now and then. Sometimes for no reason it won't let you put even that 50 layers of vinyls. But it's definitely better than no livery editor at all!

Yes, I still play SCC now and than. I still like the physics very much. And It is fun to see your customised car in game, wether on- or offline. Not very easy to use, but you can get great results. There is a mirror function, and copy, paste and group fuctions amongst others.

Thanks for the replies guys, a shame for the lack of sponsors, You know, I was waiting for a decent ps3 game with both decent physics and livery editor, last year I've bought Midnight Club only for the editor... which was a very good one but the game obviusly sucks, totally arcade^^. Sadly Shift 2's editor is full of bugs and there aren't any letters, numbers at all.. weird. Shift 1 was a crap one, no mirror function, completely rubbish editor, GT5 doesn't have any editor at all. So my best option with livery and skins is still GTR2 for Pc which have tons of great skins available for download and once you learned photoshop a bit you can do everything you want. Anyway before to sell ps3 next year I'll buy Supercar Challenge just because of the physics.. everybody who has the game saying it's a great one.

I'll buy Supercar Challenge just because of the physics.. everybody who has the game saying it's a great one.
You won't regret It. Nice track and car selection, great feeling and sound. And the editor has letters and numbers :)

I know Im a bit late to the party but here it goes.
If anyone likes them I will add more and share the liveries so that you can also have them ingame.

dbr9a.png

dbr9b.png

dbr9c.png

dbr9d.png

dbr9e.png

One funny thing though. WHen I exported the pics to the XMB the name of the folder was - Absolute Supercars - that says a lot about the upgraded game engine for that game.

Last edited:
Another one, this time a 2010 Phoenix Racing C6-5 look a like.

c6ra.png

c6rb.png

c6rd.png

c6re.png

c6rg.png

Its a big shame the online is almost dead in this game... or that the career mode isnt bigger (with an option to to championships like in Ferrari Challenge) and the AI better... I really like the physics and handling of this game.

tribolik
Another one, this time a 2010 Phoenix Racing C6-5 look a like.

Its a big shame the online is almost dead in this game... or that the career mode isnt bigger (with an option to to championships like in Ferrari Challenge) and the AI better... I really like the physics and handling of this game.

These R very nice!

Yo these Liveries are fantastic. Are you making these on your computer? Again nice job!

Thank you very much ;)
No... Im making them ingame... in the Vinil shop (livery editor)
Unfortunatly it only has one font and no manufacturers stickers so I have to draw it all with the DS3 but its the best livery editor I have played with on a PS3 game.

And I can share them with other players (to use ingame) if they wish...

Nice job Trib. Considering the limitations on vinyls amazing.

Wow 50 layer limit. Is harsh but better than nothing. You can still make a totally individual ride.

Edit. BOSCH is generally a standard uppercase font. Probably the easiest logo to do. Can letters/vinyls be skewed. Valvoline is just a skewed Capitol then lowercase.

Have fun Trib.

Latest Posts

Back