livid...

Canada
Windsor Ontario
notes2828
Man... I'm so ****ing frustrated right now... An hour ago I was a B-B driver. Now I'm a C-D because people don't know how to ****ing drive why play sport mode if you too dumb to grasp the concept of racing clean. I usually have all positive to say about this game but after back to back races where people just smash into you..block from passing and use you to help them corner man im so ****ing frustrated. My word this is such ********. Now I'm going to have to grind my way through last place clean race finishes just to climb back into B... There has got to be a way to make this better it's ****ing ********. I grind and grind just for a bad race with **** drivers to bring me back down again. Sick of this ****.

Doubt this will ever work great or PD will make it better, racing games just don't work well online. If you have a small tiny hardcore community maybe, but any decent seller with casuals it's just carmageddon waiting to happen on every corner.

Hey don't you wish you had a offline championship to sink your teeth in right about now?

Maybe its an American/Canadian driver thing? I'm playing with mostly Japanese and a few Australian and New Zealand drivers, most of my races are pretty clean, every now and again someone makes a mistake, but its normally somewhat avoidable.

Do you have the replay saved? I'd love to see what happened.

Based on the majority of threads on here, I think people are overly precious about their SR and DR, its ok to fluctuate, you'll easily be able work your way back up again. Besides, now that you're in DR-C you should be able to win more races!

Yea it's definitely the goal to get to A-S. But I can go 5 strong solid races and 1 race with **** drivers brings all the work back down again that's the most frustrating part. 5-7 good clean races can be ruined by 1 race with crap people. Just makes no sense

If you can plan your race times around periods where it will be mostly adults racing and fewer kids you have a better chance of possibly avoiding the Grand Theft Auto style racers and crashers.

Maybe its an American/Canadian driver thing? I'm playing with mostly Japanese and a few Australian and New Zealand drivers, most of my races are pretty clean, every now and again someone makes a mistake, but its normally somewhat avoidable.

Based on the majority of threads on here, I think people are overly precious about their SR and DR, its ok to fluctuate, you'll easily be able work your way back up again. Besides, now that you're in DR-C you should be able to win more races!

I too am playing in the asia region, and I must say, most of the races are pretty clean as well, ppl does gets their elbows up from time to time, but is normal.

I know your pain, it's easy to lose the SR rating but getting it back takes ****ing forever but, like people have already said once you get your immaculately clean ass into SrA and up people are pretty decent folks on the whole. The Dr, who cares man. As someone previously mentioned you'll win some races and swoop some swiftest laps. I imagine you'll do the same but when I got dumped out of heaven down to the wretched hive of scum and villainy you just have to say to yourself no ****ing racing, simply collect the clean race bonuses. Don't actually race till you get to SrA and people with healthy morals!

Last edited:
There IS a solution. It's called quit while you're ahead and enjoy the good parts about the game. I got to B/S then quit ALL dailies/FIA/dirty lobbies (I posted Im was done for good and havent looked back since).
Now I ONLY tune cars offline (great fun and money earner) and then enter serious lobbies or create my own. It's a different world when you can make your own rules.
Any kid or adult behaving like one can jump into Group cars and cause havoc.
Try tuning an Nxxx car (400/500 are great fun) and then run a lobby. You will NOT have a problem with jerks. They couldn't be bothered spending the time to tune the car (if they even bother to pick something so uncool) and will just spin off at the first torpedo attempt!

If you go to kindergarten with a chess set expecting to get a fair game...well you DO know they will end up just throwing the pieces at each other right?
:banghead::D

You are so right. Here in America the growing trend is to troll. Every high school pretard does it. And sadly, these are the type of trolls that have ample time to ruin your life. I just encountered a fool like this today (really wish we could shame). I was running in last place to get my 6 in a row of clean races , I was on race 4/6 when This barely passable heathen waited up and decided to smash me intentionally. It was highly encouraging, and gave me much faith in this race of Homo sapiens.

Man... I'm so ****ing frustrated right now... An hour ago I was a B-B driver. Now I'm a C-D because people don't know how to ****ing drive why play sport mode if you too dumb to grasp the concept of racing clean. I usually have all positive to say about this game but after back to back races where people just smash into you..block from passing and use you to help them corner man im so ****ing frustrated. My word this is such ********. Now I'm going to have to grind my way through last place clean race finishes just to climb back into B... There has got to be a way to make this better it's ****ing ********. I grind and grind just for a bad race with **** drivers to bring me back down again. Sick of this ****.

Have you ever thought maybe you are the problem?

Have you ever thought maybe you are the problem?

Lol. I know for a fact I'm not. Im well aware of how to drive. I was steady B-B for 2 weeks with plenty of solid races and finishes. Ill give up a place to race a clean race. Then back to back to back races and even worse now that I'm in the lower SR races the drivers are like bumper cars. I know for a fact it's not me I'll be starting last and Staying last just to get my SR back up

Ok so... Here's the update lol. I just raced 4 races at the back of the pack I'm now back up to B Sr lol. But now my DR is still C so... I need to get that up. But at least I'm back to at least B

Nobody wants to hear the hard truth, but over tens or a hundred or more online races, you deserve exactly where you wind up with your SR.

SR B is given to you as a gift when you start the game. Everything up or down you earn with your own diligence and awareness.
I would love to agree but when you have someone ramming you using you as brakes and you get a penalty for it, it’s not fair. Or if you get pit maneuvered and get. 10sec. That is wrong and not deserved. I try to race as clean as possible and will sometimes get tapped in the back in a non brake zone and will see the orange SR tab. The system needs work

I've spent the last 2 weeks bouncing from B to C to B to C and then today I got relegated to D... I just don't know what this game expects from its players. I brake early when following closely behind others to avoid collisions, I never divebomb up the inside and only make that inside maneuver if I'm able to first get alongside, and I always think twice before making basically any passing maneuver cause I want to avoid contact and the game abusing me with its BS SR system.

Yet I'm constantly divebombed up the inside and used as a wall (happened literally 4 times in one race today), often knocking me into the grass and effectively taking me out of the race, and very often whenever I make a nice pass on someone I just get divebombed the next corner when there's no passing option available. Twice today (and several times before) I got rammed from behind and pushed off the track (already losing SR points) only to promptly be awarded a 10 second time penalty upon returning to the track via the most reasonable route. In another race I bumped into a player who slowed down out of nowhere on the final "straight" (I'd learn he had a penalty) at Interlagos (really nowhere no go during those tight bends) and of course I lose SR. And then I had another instance of accidentally cutting just a bit of the inside of the 3rd corner at the Nurburgring and was slapped with the usual 5 second penalty despite truly gaining nothing from it and having no other car fighting within 2 seconds of me. Sure, that one's my fault but must I suffer 5 seconds from a tiny mistake? Maybe 1 second but jesus... and you can't even lift or brake right after to take away any possible advantage cause you're still slapped with the same penalty regardless.

The rating really means nothing though. The first week or so I remember having a bunch of races with C drivers in a row that weren't too bad and then I got upgraded to B. I expected everyone to be a step higher in terms of clean racing and then three different drivers totally did me wrong by divebombing me or using me as a wall and I instantly got relegated to C after the one race. It's just a horrible, horrible system and I wish there were an actual GT mode so I wouldn't have to deal so much with this BS as the main part of the game.

Last edited:
I too am playing in the asia region, and I must say, most of the races are pretty clean as well, ppl does gets their elbows up from time to time, but is normal.

I have it fairly clean, racing mostly Japanese/aus drivers - competition seems a bit dirtier now I am at SR S though, I raced so clean for ages at SR B, now I am at SR S I thought it would be gone, people just get clever about being dirty now!

I do wonder if people earn their DR rating from a few select tracks they know - I see B and D drivers setting Q times that are equal with us measly D drivers.

You are so right. Here in America the growing trend is to troll. Every high school pretard does it. And sadly, these are the type of trolls that have ample time to ruin your life. I just encountered a fool like this today (really wish we could shame). I was running in last place to get my 6 in a row of clean races , I was on race 4/6 when This barely passable heathen waited up and decided to smash me intentionally. It was highly encouraging, and gave me much faith in this race of Homo sapiens.

I think you two might be missing the point of the SR rating and, like most gamers here, seem to think its a high score to achieve or something similar. Its not. Its a system that is supposed to keep like minded drivers together, the bad with the bad and the good with the good. People in most cases aren't precious about achieving a high SR just to have bragging rights, they want it so they can drive with clean racers so they can avoid the demolition derbies of SR B and below, its not fun down there for us fair and clean racers. The reason people are getting mad about bad and dirty drivers lowering their SR is because they're exactly the drivers they're trying to avoid by raising their SR.

Nobody wants to hear the hard truth, but over tens or a hundred or more online races, you deserve exactly where you wind up with your SR.

SR B is given to you as a gift when you start the game. Everything up or down you earn with your own diligence and awareness.

This would be the truth if the SR system worked exactly as its supposed to but it is flawed, especially since SR B is the default setting, which it shouldn't be. When in SR S or A you should have awareness of the car behind you not to cause an accident but you shouldn't have to be worried that the guy behind you is going to use you as a brake and punt you off the track purposely, in SR B and below, sure, but in Sr A and above there shouldn't be any room for dirty tactics and rammers but unfortunately at the moment there is. Once in SR A and S the only incidents you should come across should be accidental, not dirty tactics that would be illegal and vehicle damaging/wrecking in real racing. It should be especially hard to hold onto an SR A or S rating therefore dirty tactics should boot you out of these categories. Once this kind of stuff only happens in SR B some of the times and more commonly in the lower classes and not at all in A or S (only accidental hits should be in these classes), then that would mean the system is working. I understand the OP's frustration but it is to be expected in SR B a little and the lower SR's a lot, unfortunately it still happens too much once you reach SR A and S too.

I honestly don't get it, my DR is only D but my SR is S and has been since the first week of release. i ran about 15 daily's yesterday with GR4 at Kyoto and all of them have been an absolute pleasure, i got 5 clean race bonuses and about 4 or 5 races EVERY driver ended with a blue S .
each and every race was hard fought but fair and respectful, and this has been my general experience so far.

Doubt this will ever work great or PD will make it better, racing games just don't work well online. If you have a small tiny hardcore community maybe, but any decent seller with casuals it's just carmageddon waiting to happen on every corner.

Hey don't you wish you had a offline championship to sink your teeth in right about now?

Online -racing or otherwise- esports games can work if they have a solid system/foundation that can apply the rules as it should.
Also there are casuals that more clean and respectful than "hardcore" sim racing players.Its not always black/white.

Get up to S rank on safety rating... B is the entry rank for safety and you're going to be playing against a lot of people that just got the game or aren't safe enough to be rated s....

There is a lot of dirty driving in S too mate.Plus the problem - the lack of a proper penalty/SR system- exit for any player,no matter the SR group they are.
Your solution -getting into S rated lobbies- is a "workaround" and will not fix the core of the problem that is still in the game and can be super frustrating even in (supposed) clean lobbies.

One solution: you ram into an other racer => your engine gets heavily damaged and you have to pit to repair it. You ram a second time in the race and you are disqualified. It should calm down noobs and dirty racers!

One solution: you ram into an other racer => your engine gets heavily damaged and you have to pit to repair it. You ram a second time in the race and you are disqualified. It should calm down noobs and dirty racers!

And what will happen in case someone do not ram into another but is a victum of break-check or a guy in front that goes hard on breaks or stops suddenly mid corner -just examples-.
You see any -easy solution- brings other problems.
I personally support the idea of full damage.
But the problem is not the non full damage races or just penalties not working.
The core of the problem is that the game is supposed to group players via pace/skill (DR) and etiquette (SR),it creates groups of mix of all these people.Thats whay you'll see dirty drivers in SR S and D DR against A DR.
Its too easy to get SR and the penalty system does not work that well either.
So since the penalty/rating system is the major factor to all this,fix that and you have done a major step in solving these problems.

And what will happen in case someone do not ram into another but is a victum of break-check or a guy in front that goes hard on breaks or stops suddenly mid corner -just examples-.
You see any -easy solution- brings other problems.
I personally support the idea of full damage.
But the problem is not the non full damage races or just penalties not working.
The core of the problem is that the game is supposed to group players via pace/skill (DR) and etiquette (SR),it creates groups of mix of all these people.Thats whay you'll see dirty drivers in SR S and D DR against A DR.
Its too easy to get SR and the penalty system does not work that well either.
So since the penalty/rating system is the major factor to all this,fix that and you have done a major step in solving these problems.
I brake-checked when I started to play the game. It wasn't intentionally, I just didn't master the gameplay and braked to early. For that I received SR penalties, and it's good. Now, I know more about my cars and I don't brake-check anymore.

Every contact should result in damages to cars, like in real life. When people will start to be fedup of damages they'll start to drive cleanly (or stop to play the game becasue they ar too dirty). Today, you can ram and the only penalty you get is..... nothing, except the SR going (too slowly) down.

I think the biggest problem for those stuck in the D/C/ ruts is the disparity with who they are racing with in terms of both lap time consistency and speed with which they enter corners and there are seemingly thousands of videos of this out there.
I always thought back in the Beta that due to the complaints then, that PD should introduce a laptime consistency rating, because I could bet those who are more cautious on the way into corners are lapping more consistently than those who are rushing into every other corner, even though their fastest lap times are comparable.

Usually, the better the final, the less of a problem this becomes because the faster drivers always find the same braking point without sacrificing speed on the exits and can lap within no more than a few tenths as well.

I find it strange how wildly different a lot of our experiences are. Once I got SR S I have never gone down from it.

There are still people who drive like idiots at times but generally over a race I’ll always get back the SR I lose.

Might be because I only race the longer Gr.3 races though. It might help having a longer race to work any SR lost back as the the pack spreads out eventually.

Back