livid...

I have to disagree,.
One thing I have found to affect the quality of racing within the Sport classes seems to be picking the times of the day or evening that I race.
Seems to be more of a pattern of during certain periods where there more chances of having crashfest mentalities being more prominent in the sport lobbies.

You know what, I'm going to apply that logic from now on! I was thinking about that this morning while finishing my video on youtube. My 9pm/10pm races have been far cleaner than any earlier times so I'm going to go for the later races. It might just be an age thing as the older you get the more respect you have for everything else/people for the most part (Don't get me wrong there are young people with respect to but tolerances/respect change through life).

You know what, I'm going to apply that logic from now on! I was thinking about that this morning while finishing my video on youtube. My 9pm/10pm races have been far cleaner than any earlier times so I'm going to go for the later races. It might just be an age thing as the older you get the more respect you have for everything else/people for the most part (Don't get me wrong there are young people with respect to but tolerances/respect change through life).

That Maggiore manufacturer race was pretty bad after some setbacks in Q which were partly my fault together with some wheel problems, but began to recover until an individual mid-pack with a vendetta from a previous race chose to take his intended target out without caring who else went with him. I was quite surprised because it was the last thing I was expecting in an A Race. It seems there are quite a few very angry children out there.

That Maggiore manufacturer race was pretty bad after some setbacks in Q which were partly my fault together with some wheel problems, but began to recover until an individual mid-pack with a vendetta from a previous race chose to take his intended target out without caring who else went with him. I was quite surprised because it was the last thing I was expecting in an A Race. It seems there are quite a few very angry children out there.

Qualifying was awful for me to, but after that first corner chaos every time I looked in my mirror someone was punting somebody off somewhere, was crazy. Going for the 9pm/10pm races from now on. It's a shame people decided to try take you out though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Led an entire race at Suzuka from pole, guy from behind me racing clean until the final corner, 2nd part of the chicane he rams into my inside out of nowhere, pushing me off the track and he gets the win. No time penalty, wins the race and of course I lose SR in the incident. I mean nothing can make me rage like that... after seeing all the BS I've gotten penalties for and the game doesn't penalize this guy for aggressively ramming the side of my car on the final corner to get the victory... Such a failed system in every way. I just don't even...

Just read through all of Adrenalines posts, and the corresponding counter posts.

Sorry Adrenaline, you're just wrong here - you have no defensible position and have made no argument to suggest otherwise.

For whatever reason you've justified your style of driving as 'normal', and your indiscretions as 'warranted'.

Swapping paint is fine, provided you give the other person racing room as you overtake and don't physically 'bump' them off the line, or the track. They have a right to take a defensive line (not block, weave or brake check), as everyone keeps trying to tell you.

If you can't do that, you can't overtake. Period.
If you can't understand that, you don't understand sportsmanship in racing. Period.

I must admit with 13 races done, 7 wins, 4 poles and 5? fastest laps and only 2 races that were not "clean" I'm finding that the Japanese guys are actually very good!! Its rare I race against any Aussie or NZ drivers door to door, its mainly the Japanese guys and they have all been wonderful. I had a brilliant race on Blue Moon Speedway (admittedly we had a little bit of rubbing, but it was totally acceptable touring car stuff). As much as I would prefer to race with my European and US brethren, maybe its best to stay with the Japanese and enjoy the mainly clean racing!! They are bloody fast though!! top 10 times are always very hectic and full of no one but Japanese.

I find myself racing in most of these lobbies too, you'll have one or two Aussies and the rest of the drivers will be japanese. I race in B/S and 90% of my races are clean as well. It's much easier to maintain a good race if you have a good qualifying position too.. even racing with the top guys on some occasions, if they manage to bump one of their opponents they'll sometimes intentionally slow down and lose a position for fair play. I have had many races where you'll race in a tight pack until the very end with little to no contact; with pretty much everyone receiving a blue S at the end.

What times and days work for you? I am in the EST...
I generally try to pick my times for when the majority of younger school kids will either be in school or have gone to bed. Nothing against younger folks but a lot seem to race using the same mentality that you would find in GTA.

Also have found really late after about Midnight on weekends is another time I find best to avoid. These are just what I have run into as far as the time frames the races seem to be more crash and contact filled experiences and nothing more.

Led an entire race at Suzuka from pole, guy from behind me racing clean until the final corner, 2nd part of the chicane he rams into my inside out of nowhere, pushing me off the track and he gets the win. No time penalty, wins the race and of course I lose SR in the incident. I mean nothing can make me rage like that... after seeing all the BS I've gotten penalties for and the game doesn't penalize this guy for aggressively ramming the side of my car on the final corner to get the victory... Such a failed system in every way. I just don't even...
The typical situation that sparks the majority of these threads and happens way too often, even in SR A and S which it should not exist in. The system is currently very exploitable, a system that by its purpose should not be exploitable.

Qualifying was awful for me to, but after that first corner chaos every time I looked in my mirror someone was punting somebody off somewhere, was crazy. Going for the 9pm/10pm races from now on. It's a shame people decided to try take you out though.

I think that Maggiore race at 9:10 GMT on Friday was the odd one because the other races held at the same time Mon-Thur were ok as were the races that were held earlier on Saturday and Sunday, so there seems to be a pattern :)

livid
ˈlɪvɪd/
adjective
  1. 1.
    furiously angry.
  2. 2.
    dark bluish grey in colour.

It’s great to see the passion in this thread!
    I always try and remember that to judge someone, you inevitably judge them by your own standards.

As a keen gamer, especially the GT franchise, I can proudly say my junior is now playing the game too. He has no instinct for racing or, the racing line; it’s just a game and a source of fun.
    I wouldn’t let him online yet but, he has no concept of the seriousness that some people take in playing this game. If he gets angry because he can’t achieve something, I advise him to walk away from it until his perspective is a little different.

I am enjoying the game so far. I haven’t really experienced this ‘bad’ behaviour but, I hope PD stick to their guns. I say this because I think the quality of product (the game) has to be commercially viable too. I want to enjoy it but, I’d hate that my boy would be alienated from the get go.

If you get livid in the first sense, step away boy.
    If it’s the second, and I say this with no medical training, perhaps see a doctor.

livid
ˈlɪvɪd/
It’s great to see the passion in this thread!
  1. I always try and remember that to judge someone, you inevitably judge them by your own standards.

I can proudly say my junior is now playing the game too. He has no instinct for racing or, the racing line; it’s just a game and a source of fun.

2. I wouldn’t let him online yet but, he has no concept of the seriousness that some people take in playing this game. If he gets angry because he can’t achieve something, I advise him to walk away from it until his perspective is a little different.

You also have to understand that there are many parents that will buy little Johnny the game and will allow him online to race as as far as they are concerned he is just playing a game.

This is why it is so imperative and important that PD gets the formula for the SR rating correct.

With the correct implementation of the SR system then all players of all levels, mindsets and racing styles can play and enjoy the game without being a hindrance or source of frustration to players that have a different mindset or playing style.

It can truly be a driving/racing game for everybody.

Back