LMP / 24h LeMans - 908 Who?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DuckBrazil
  • 35 comments
  • 3,914 views
Messages
164
Messages
PatoRodrigues
Well, i imagine you guys have a 908 HDi FAP in your garage. And some of you probably used him at LeMans. May have won easily OR not. His handling is great, his acceleration is great, his top speed is great.

But i wanted to do something different. Bought a R8 Race Car '01. Oh buddies....... this ride is something out of this world. Obviously he cannot beat the X1, but he can LAP the 908.... THREE TIMES.

Yep, lapped the 908 3 times in this race. The AI isn't very good, and we all know that. But lap the "best LMP available".... just priceless. :sly:


I was wondering..... how were your experiences with the R8 '01? Share your opinion, please. Btw, MUCH BETTER than the R10, and i'm a PUG FAN. 👍
 
The main problem with the newer Audis in GT5 is that the game cannot simulate fuel consumption too well, it's a set value for the cars and the Audi benefits of diesel in real life, which it doesn't in the game.

R8 '01 indeed rocks, always one of the best to have your bob luck into in the online B-spec !
 
Which tires did you use and how much power did your R8 have?
 
Best LMP, for sure. If you don't have one you're missing out.

Wish it was premium.
 
First LMP I bought in the game and remains my favorite. 👍
 
Best LMP, for sure. If you don't have one you're missing out.

Wish it was premium.


As above, I have both versions of the '01.
 
Last edited:
I was wondering..... how were your experiences with the R8 '01? Share your opinion, please. Btw, MUCH BETTER than the R10, and i'm a PUG FAN. 👍

If you buy the stage 2 turbocharger for the R10, it improves alot. IMO a great car, very underrated. Maybe because its almost undriveable with stage 3 turbocharger? (I usally leave my LMP/Group C cars stock, but I modified my R10 because it is so down on power)
 
I hate how all the newer LMP's (not the diesels) have way more power than they do in real life. I've limited mine to somewhat realistic numbers. The real R8 LMP is supposed to have somewhere around 625hp, isn't it?
 
Well, PD had no problem to overpower the old (mainly japanese) Group C cars too... A Toyota 88C NEVER run with full turbo pressure in a race. Back then, the cars were much slower in the race then they were on qualifing.

If you want to have a balanced field of le man prototypes, just limit the PP to somewhere about 700.
 
I don't hope anyone still thinks the 908 is the best LMP. It's the R8 by faaar, it's been proved a lot of times ;)
 
I don't hope anyone still thinks the 908 is the best LMP. It's the R8 by faaar, it's been proved a lot of times ;)

Well, in real life its the 908 HDI FAP (the 908 and R18 have weaker engines).

But is the R8 really that fast in GT5? dont own this car, but I can`t imagine that it overcomes the HDI FAPs torque advantage at low rev`s :sick:

Can someone post lap time comparision?
 
It's abandoned from the LMP series... it was 3 secs faster PER LAP, and in order for it to be dragged down to the others' level it must have 75kg ballast ...

Offline its advantage is not this clear, and at the same time, the GT-ONE can almost compete with it. Almost...
 
Don't know about the cornering performance or lap times, but I limited a BMW V12LMR to 595bhp and took it around La Sarthe. Highest top speed I was able to reach was about 340km/h, which according to wikipedia is about correct:

Quote from Wikipedia
The BMW V12 LMR is estimated to put out about 580 hp, which in the 1999 edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans allowed the German prototype to hit 342 km/h (214 mph) on the Mulsanne Straight.

Though that mentions "about 580hp"... I don't have the R8 yet, but I'm going to buy it as soon as it comes up on the UCD. I would also be very interested to hear some lap time comparisons about any LMP in GT5 vs reality. :)
 
Well, in real life its the 908 HDI FAP (the 908 and R18 have weaker engines).

But is the R8 really that fast in GT5? dont own this car, but I can`t imagine that it overcomes the HDI FAPs torque advantage at low rev`s :sick:

Can someone post lap time comparision?
In my testing the R8 '01 was:
0.7 sec faster at Trial Mountain
5 sec faster at the 'Ring
3 sec faster at De La Sarthe(quicker than the Minolta here)

Both cars stock(no added turbo's) on racing Mediums(Softs at the 'Ring) with some setup tweaks.

The R8 handles very well, the balance is sooo neutral. Easily better than the 908. As above, your missing out if you don't have one.:)
 
The reason why the 'diesel' cars don't have lower fuel consumption is because they're not diesel car's in game. At least, I really really hope not seeing they spit flames out the exhausts... I'd be scared if I had a diesel car that does this.
 
In my testing the R8 '01 was:
0.7 sec faster at Trial Mountain
5 sec faster at the 'Ring
3 sec faster at De La Sarthe(quicker than the Minolta here)

Both cars stock(no added turbo's) on racing Mediums(Softs at the 'Ring) with some setup tweaks.

The R8 handles very well, the balance is sooo neutral. Easily better than the 908. As above, your missing out if you don't have one.:)

Wow, this is amazing.

Well, seems like I need to skip races till it appears in my UCD (I have only seen the Team Oreca one so far... I have really no luck with the UCD).

But Im just a collector, I only race with my 908 and R10 eventhough these cars are slower in this game, they deliver a great expierence with cock pit view + hud off. (driving into the sunset with the R10 at the mulsanne straight is just... can`t find any words to describe this feeling)

And yes, Im actually I Audi fan in LeMans (my driver has a racing gear which resembles the one from team audi a little bit xD), but I like the nice sound of the V12 Diesel from the Pug :) (IMO this is the only car which sounds decent and resembles alot to the real world counterpart in this game!).
 
So are these cars not purchaseable anymore? I hate it when the online car dealership just changes without any prior notice!
 
I have the Audi R8 (Team Playstation). And I have to say, both versions are a force to be reckoned with.
 
I really regret optimizing cars as much as I did. I'd get cars I love and take them to the tuning shop... I see no fun in having 750-950 hp beasts when their stock models varied from 600-840 :(.
 
I really regret optimizing cars as much as I did. I'd get cars I love and take them to the tuning shop... I see no fun in having 750-950 hp beasts when their stock models varied from 600-840 :(.

👍

I agree completely. I always keep my LMP's stock now. And any race car that are tougher to come by. I have a fully tuned minolta from like the wind, and was lucky to snag another from the OCD last week.
 
You said it in your post; it's the AI's fault. The 908 BTW is the 2nd best LMP in the game. The BEST is the Bentley Spd 8. Almost makes the 908 look like it's little sister.
 
In my testing the R8 '01 was:
0.7 sec faster at Trial Mountain
5 sec faster at the 'Ring
3 sec faster at De La Sarthe(quicker than the Minolta here)

Easily better than the 908. As above, your missing out if you don't have one.:)

I'm sorry, I just can't buy that. If this is what you're talking about then this is the review I wrote:

Audi R8 LMS Race Car Best Lap 1:03.510



Saw this only once in the 4hr Nurburgring race (ran a few laps at that track several times trying to find the right car for the race). It was red with black tires and I thought it looked very sharp! I won it in the color pictured and though man, don't want to ruin that. So the next one will be red with black tires.

Acceleration: Average, or deceptive. I ran it against the XJ13 Ghost and it lagged way behind, but caught up before exiting the tunnel. I'm guessing it's in the first few gears where she lags. Will not win any drag races.

Stability at High Speed: Very good stability. She feels a little heavy, but should hold the line even if bumped pretty good. There is a very slight tendency to "boat" like the Murcielago, very slight.

Cornering: Smooth in the corners, with a good turning radius. You won't have to slow much to get through the corner. She can handle somewhat aggressive turns of the wheel, just don't oversteer or she may spin.

Braking Gotta be gentle with the breaks. Just a light tap, tap. Don't lean on them or you'll be looking at the course from the rear.

Overall on the H-Ring: It's not bad. Deceptive really. She presents as one of the fat girls but she actually drives somewhat athletically. You'll have to stay on her to make her perform. If she falls behind I don't think she's got it to catch up. Especially against a car that's got quick acceleration. Caught up to the XJ13 Ghost, but with it's quick acceleration it still won.

Point System 1 (low) 10 (High)
7 - She's no slouch but she'll huff and puff to keep up with the big boys like the one to follow.
 
FishHunters
I'm sorry, I just can't buy that. If this is what you're talking about then this is the review I wrote:

Audi R8 LMS Race Car Best Lap 1:03.510
http://img15.imageshack.us/i/garageupload001converte.jpg/

Saw this only once in the 4hr Nurburgring race (ran a few laps at that track several times trying to find the right car for the race). It was red with black tires and I thought it looked very sharp! I won it in the color pictured and though man, don't want to ruin that. So the next one will be red with black tires.

Acceleration: Average, or deceptive. I ran it against the XJ13 Ghost and it lagged way behind, but caught up before exiting the tunnel. I'm guessing it's in the first few gears where she lags. Will not win any drag races.

Stability at High Speed: Very good stability. She feels a little heavy, but should hold the line even if bumped pretty good. There is a very slight tendency to "boat" like the Murcielago, very slight.

Cornering: Smooth in the corners, with a good turning radius. You won't have to slow much to get through the corner. She can handle somewhat aggressive turns of the wheel, just don't oversteer or she may spin.

Braking Gotta be gentle with the breaks. Just a light tap, tap. Don't lean on them or you'll be looking at the course from the rear.

Overall on the H-Ring: It's not bad. Deceptive really. She presents as one of the fat girls but she actually drives somewhat athletically. You'll have to stay on her to make her perform. If she falls behind I don't think she's got it to catch up. Especially against a car that's got quick acceleration. Caught up to the XJ13 Ghost, but with it's quick acceleration it still won.

Point System 1 (low) 10 (High)
7 - She's no slouch but she'll huff and puff to keep up with the big boys like the one to follow.

He's talking about the R8 01' LMP car. :lol:
 
The car being fawned over here,and quite rightly so, is the Audi R8 '01 Race Car not the LM version...You'll find them in red and yellow only.
I bought 3 low mile versions and then just today received one(yellow) for a 1000 ticket...This one stays under lock and key!
 
How much is is from the UCD? Haven't seen one yet.
 
I have the Audi R8 (Team Playstation). And I have to say, both versions are a force to be reckoned with.

Wrong R8. They're talking about the LMP not the GT car.
 
Everyone seems to be a bit confused.

R8 LMS is not the right car. The R8 Race Car '01 is.

These two.
Nrburgring24h_3.jpg

17543660.jpg
 
Sorry there Hofstee but while your first pic is indeed a Audi R8 '01 your second pic is of an Audi R8 '05(Playstation)...Red and yellow only for the '01. :)
 
Everyone seems to be a bit confused.

R8 LMS is not the right car. The R8 Race Car '01 is.

These two.
Nrburgring24h_3.jpg

17543660.jpg

Wrong
The top picture is the correct car Audi R8 race car '01.
the bottom picture is NOT an '01 its the Audi R8 race car team oreca playstation '05.
 
Back