LMP / 24h LeMans - 908 Who?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DuckBrazil
  • 35 comments
  • 3,914 views
The reason why the 'diesel' cars don't have lower fuel consumption is because they're not diesel car's in game. At least, I really really hope not seeing they spit flames out the exhausts... I'd be scared if I had a diesel car that does this.

You wouldn't notice lower fuel consumption for diesels, because they have smaller fuel tanks by regulation.

What's misleading, is the pit display in GT5 making you believe every car has a 100 litre fuel tank. It should say "percent".
 
The main problem with the newer Audis in GT5 is that the game cannot simulate fuel consumption too well, it's a set value for the cars and the Audi benefits of diesel in real life, which it doesn't in the game.

R8 '01 indeed rocks, always one of the best to have your bob luck into in the online B-spec !

The R8 is NOT a diesel. They used a directly injected petrol engine. The R10 was the first diesel.
 
You wouldn't notice lower fuel consumption for diesels, because they have smaller fuel tanks by regulation.

What's misleading, is the pit display in GT5 making you believe every car has a 100 litre fuel tank. It should say "percent".


Im sure that is correct now, but when the diesils first came out it was different they had the larger tanks thats why they did so well [R10].
 
Wrong
The top picture is the correct car Audi R8 race car '01.
the bottom picture is NOT an '01 its the Audi R8 race car team oreca playstation '05.

+1

The Team Oreca one is from 2005. And it weights 50kg more, plus its just slower in general. Still a good car though, but the other one is pure awesomeness.
 
Lapping the "best" LMP car by 3 laps is not an indication of how good an LMP car is. In my 908 I've lapped an 01 Audi R8 by 5 laps at the 24 hr Ring race in B Spec. I like the R8's a lot but I prefer the GT One for fast lapping. I despise the GT One's exhaust note however so I use the 908 mostly for B Spec.
 
Last edited:
I'm sorry, I just can't buy that. If this is what you're talking about then this is the review I wrote:

Audi R8 LMS Race Car Best Lap 1:03.510



Saw this only once in the 4hr Nurburgring race (ran a few laps at that track several times trying to find the right car for the race). It was red with black tires and I thought it looked very sharp! I won it in the color pictured and though man, don't want to ruin that. So the next one will be red with black tires.

Acceleration: Average, or deceptive. I ran it against the XJ13 Ghost and it lagged way behind, but caught up before exiting the tunnel. I'm guessing it's in the first few gears where she lags. Will not win any drag races.

Stability at High Speed: Very good stability. She feels a little heavy, but should hold the line even if bumped pretty good. There is a very slight tendency to "boat" like the Murcielago, very slight.

Cornering: Smooth in the corners, with a good turning radius. You won't have to slow much to get through the corner. She can handle somewhat aggressive turns of the wheel, just don't oversteer or she may spin.

Braking Gotta be gentle with the breaks. Just a light tap, tap. Don't lean on them or you'll be looking at the course from the rear.

Overall on the H-Ring: It's not bad. Deceptive really. She presents as one of the fat girls but she actually drives somewhat athletically. You'll have to stay on her to make her perform. If she falls behind I don't think she's got it to catch up. Especially against a car that's got quick acceleration. Caught up to the XJ13 Ghost, but with it's quick acceleration it still won.

Point System 1 (low) 10 (High)
7 - She's no slouch but she'll huff and puff to keep up with the big boys like the one to follow.

Well, it is a nice analysis, eventhough you`re talking about the wrong car :)

So, this is the actual Audi R8 race car:
audi_r8_infineon-_racing_car.jpg


It attended lemans for the first time in 2001 I think.

This car has nothing to do with Audis R8 road car you were talking about. Don`t know why they called it R8. Maybe they will call its successor R10 too xD
 
Back