LMP Race: Circuit de la Sarthe 542BHP/950KG This Sunday!!! Open slots available

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mohamu
  • 105 comments
  • 5,314 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty weak IMO. Why even run the 787B then? It's so penalized with the weight gain it's hardly competitive. It's already slower in the straights by 15kmh. I might just skip this if that's the case. I really wanted to use the 787.
It was a joke from me. I really didn't want to believe that it was not crystal clear from thet 1st post.. :dunce: If you've ever played GT5 you schould know that tha weight limit means that the weight you set up there is the minimum weight your car has to be. BTW, I hope it is clear now after Shark's post. 👍 Add +weight for the cars to be minimum 950Kg, and use the power limiter to have max 542BHP. That is all.

About the cars. There are 9 cars what are chooseable. Some of them has good max speed, some of them have better breakdistance, some of them are more easy to drive in corners, etc. Choose the ideal for you, that is all.
 
You still have the same attitude, it's lame. I asked a simple question as to why you're saying 950kg in the OP, then say something different later on. No reason to be a smart ass. It's clear. The reason the 787B is such a good car was it's easiness on tires and it's lightness, your rules threw that out the window. The Toyota is the car to beat here. Nothing is as fast on the straights, it'll be the clear winner unless someone has superb driving skills with the Bentley. I don't think it's fair at all. It's not my series though. I'm not going to complain. I'll run a race see how the 787B holds up. But wait, I couldn't break 1:36 with it at Daytona. So I guess I might as well forget it.
 
You still have the same attitude, it's lame. I asked a simple question as to why you're saying 950kg in the OP, then say something different later on. No reason to be a smart ass. It's clear. The reason the 787B is such a good car was it's easiness on tires and it's lightness, your rules threw that out the window. The Toyota is the car to beat here. Nothing is as fast on the straights, it'll be the clear winner unless someone has superb driving skills with the Bentley. I don't think it's fair at all. It's not my series though. I'm not going to complain. I'll run a race see how the 787B holds up. But wait, I couldn't break 1:36 with it at Daytona. So I guess I might as well forget it.
There was nothing personal. But you can maybe understand that it is really frustrating if I work hours on my 1st post to make it really understandable and after it there are questins like yours :ouch: :sly: And about what is fair and what is not, well, it is not your job to decide. If you feel that the 787 is slower, don't choose it. It is so simple. (BTW, the best car from every point of view is the 908, not the Toyota...)
 
You still have the same attitude, it's lame. I asked a simple question as to why you're saying 950kg in the OP, then say something different later on. No reason to be a smart ass. It's clear. The reason the 787B is such a good car was it's easiness on tires and it's lightness, your rules threw that out the window. The Toyota is the car to beat here. Nothing is as fast on the straights, it'll be the clear winner unless someone has superb driving skills with the Bentley. I don't think it's fair at all. It's not my series though. I'm not going to complain. I'll run a race see how the 787B holds up. But wait, I couldn't break 1:36 with it at Daytona. So I guess I might as well forget it.
787b is a great car, one of my favorites, but these are the rules and I will use the 908, it's also a very good car, and the Toyota, Pescarolos too so if you can't choose from this line-up it's your problem. Nothing wrong with Mo's attitude.;)
But if you know a better limit where every car all the same then share it..
 
Last edited:
But if you know a better limit where every car all the same then share it..
This is a good idea 👍
But I would surprise if anyone could find a better way for the limits. PP limitation is a ****, it is good for nothing :sick: If I'm right, this year LMP1 cars has near 500BHP engines. We decided to have this weight limit because some of the cars are 950 Kg, and you can't reduce their weight, so it is easier to add weight to lighter cars.

I'll make some practice tonight in 2-3 hours from now, join guys if you think.
 
This years LMP cars have more like 560hp for the petrol and 600hp+ for the diesels. In the game the 787 is lighter than the other cars, but still not as fast on the straights. Then added weight makes it even slower and not as good in the corners or braking zones where you can make up for that time lost on the straight. You made it seem like I was stupid but you weren't making any attempt to clarify your rules when I asked TO MAKE SURE. Your english isn't the best if I must say, so when you word things I have to question it to make sure I'm reading it correctly. You may be the maker of this series, but no other series increases their minimum weight. That's why I asked.
 
GTP ID: Lord Voldemort
PSN ID: lvoldemort666
Car: Peugeot 908 HDI FAP Team Oreca Matmut
Controller: DS3
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota, United States of America
Timezone: U.S.A. Eastern Time

Will have access to the Playstation tomorrow at this time. Sounds really intriguing! I'm looking forward to it. I'll post to see what time I get at Daytona Road Course. Also, tomorrow, I will F.R. you.
 
GTP ID: Lord Voldemort
PSN ID: lvoldemort666
Car: Peugeot 908 HDI FAP Team Oreca Matmut
Controller: DS3
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota, United States of America
Timezone: U.S.A. Eastern Time

Will have access to the Playstation tomorrow at this time. Sounds really intriguing! I'm looking forward to it. I'll post to see what time I get at Daytona Road Course. Also, tomorrow, I will F.R. you.
Welcome Voldemort!

Fresh: Ok. I can not tell anything more. Yes, my english is not the best, but I'm sure it is better than your hungarian :sly: Rules are rules. for me there was not as much difference between the cars as you say. So is there any car on the list what would be enough good for you? if yes, don't hesitate this much, don't speak about unnecessary things (like we speak about now), let's have some great race 👍 Can we stop this hall thing and live in peace and have big fun on the track?
 
I just wanted to use the 787B because it was easy on the tires, it's really hampered in speed though. Unless we use tighter tracks without long straights I don't think I'll be able to keep up. I don't have a wheel, and it's hard for me to keep the car in check without Traction Control. I'll try it with the 787B though.

PSN- freshseth83
car- Mazda 787B
loc.- Tacoma, WA USA
Time Zone- pacific
 
I wish I had a wheel! I'm quick but the controller is hard for me to keep up. I'll do my best though.
 
I want to race. Perhaps FreshSeth and I can be a team? Hopefully you still need folks.
PSN posiloan
GTP: Posimosh
Car: Pugeot Team TOTAL
Time: tbd (ill post a video of my lap <1:36:00 on saturday @ 9:30 GMT
Nationality: Man of the world (currently rediding in California... And no i don't surf, and yes it is hot)
Time Zone: PST=GMT -8)
Team Name (if needed): XstraightedgeX Racers
I have a capture card and can capture the races for later viewing... Also, How are the rules going to be enforced? will there be steward's inquiries? Last thing- Want to make the races just a bit longer? 9 laps @ sarthe is like 25 minutes... Especially with a half hour of quali it seems a bit short.... just food for thought, I'm in either way.
 
Anyone up for some tuning/ practice?
Seth... im looking at you. :)
 
This years LMP cars have more like 560hp for the petrol and 600hp+ for the diesels. ...
Also that pesky 1100 lb/ft of torque makes it a touch quicker than the petrol racecars with what 500 torques at 600 hp... just my 2 cents
 
I wish I had a wheel! I'm quick but the controller is hard for me to keep up. I'll do my best though.
It is true that a wheel is good, mostly for the LMP cars.

I want to race. Perhaps FreshSeth and I can be a team? Hopefully you still need folks.
PSN posiloan
GTP: Posimosh
Car: Pugeot Team TOTAL
Time: tbd (ill post a video of my lap <1:36:00 on saturday @ 9:30 GMT
Nationality: Man of the world (currently rediding in California... And no i don't surf, and yes it is hot)
Time Zone: PST=GMT -8)
Team Name (if needed): XstraightedgeX Racers
I have a capture card and can capture the races for later viewing... Also, How are the rules going to be enforced? will there be steward's inquiries? Last thing- Want to make the races just a bit longer? 9 laps @ sarthe is like 25 minutes... Especially with a half hour of quali it seems a bit short.... just food for thought, I'm in either way.
Welcome, I'll add you too to the list. I'll reply to your questions later as I'm using my phone now..

Edit - Answers:
- There are no teams until we have not got at least 12 drivers
- Shark, Menoh and me are the "stwewards", but we ussually don't need to penalise
- We will use the posted lap numbers, maybe if it feels a bit short after the 1st race we can modify it.
 
Last edited:
Guys, really sorry, but i can't participate in the first event. Good luck for everybody.
 
Ok, I'll be driving Bmw v12 lmr :) hope it will be good enough :)
 
Also that pesky 1100 lb/ft of torque makes it a touch quicker than the petrol racecars with what 500 torques at 600 hp... just my 2 cents
A not perfect lap by Mo was 1:33.8 on daytona with the gt one +it's much faster on the straights than peugeots.;)
 
I'm opening practice lobby now. Add me if you want to join :)
 
I'll open the lobby 1 hour. Please don't late :sly:
 
What's the room number? Are we doing lounge racing or something?
 
Last edited:
Don't think I can race with you guys. Sorry. If I can, I'll show up, if I don't it's because family issues.

EDIT: I'm not going to be on PSN for another 2 hours at least. Sorry I missed the race. I'll be on later if anyone wants to practice for next week.
 
Last edited:
When is the room number gonna be posted?
 
I suggest you add Mohamu on PSN- he'll be able to friend you back and then you can find his lounge or room from there.
 
I suggest you add Mohamu on PSN- he'll be able to friend you back and then you can find his lounge or room from there.
That's right.

Today the network had some problem, we had lags what is not so often.. I almost won the race, but Menoh was faster on his better tyres in the last lap, so he passed me in the last section. I really hope there will be more driver on the next race 👍
 
Sorry Mo
 
Last edited:
I'll be there next weekend. I just have to wake up early and get enough sleep the night before. Shouldn't be hard. I just had a rough night and didn't get a lot of sleep.

Also- next week at Monza- is this with or without chicanes?
 
I'll be there next weekend. I just have to wake up early and get enough sleep the night before. Shouldn't be hard. I just had a rough night and didn't get a lot of sleep.

Also- next week at Monza- is this with or without chicanes?

Monza (change weather / fix sunny) with chicanes
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back